Arturia FX Collection 5 Predictions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A BitwIg emulation.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

TheMaestro wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:05 pm A BitwIg emulation.
Good then all these idiots will stop asking for every other DAW to turn into Bitwig or Live.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:53 pm
dayjob wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:50 pm but i'm generally tired of all the emulations and would prefer something new and weird.
Arturia does both types: emulation and weird/unique stuff. I think we could see a little of both.

And the only decent LA-3A I've used is in the Purified VU Comp. For some reason, everyone either half-asses the LA-3A (like Universal Audio did) or skips it entirely. Fuse has a good LA-4 (no A). Were there even others? But I get that you were making a joke.
yes. i'm familiar with the software developer known as Arturia and that they do many things. :D
just making a general statement about clones and vintage stuff.. what's not covered? and does anyone care or really need that thing? i'm sure there's something esoteric and useful somewhere that hasn't been covered but how many shades of 'tone' do we need to paint with? at some point that's what it comes to.. is just a shade of a color of a tone.

would be nice to have some efficiency updates between now and whenever the next update comes.

mothra wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:07 pm
TheMaestro wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:05 pm A BitwIg emulation.
Good then all these idiots will stop asking for every other DAW to turn into Bitwig or Live.
By the way:
What sounds better, Bitwig or Live?

dayjob wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:22 pm would be nice to have some efficiency updates between now and whenever the next update comes.
Pretty sure Arturia are a French company and not a German company.
<list your stupid gear here>

fx v

dayjob wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:22 pm would be nice to have some efficiency updates between now and whenever the next update comes.
Good lord yes! Unfortunately, 1) they refuse to acknowledge how crap and inefficient their approach to GUI's is, and 2) if you're one of the Windows users plagued with really slow load times for Arturia plugins, they have no idea why it happens on only some systems and can't reproduce it in-house.

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:15 pm By the way:
What sounds better, Bitwig or Live?
Depends on the reverb.

egbert101 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:17 pm
Pretty sure Arturia are a French company and not a German company.
Womp womp. :wink:

4 Ringmodulators You'll Actually Use

Ofcourse!

Jokes aside, if you look at the plugin naming conventions in the collection, you can see room to grow in Efx, Tape and EQ categories compared to the "Actually Use" comps, pre's etc.
arturiafx.png
My fav of the collection right now is Coldfire. Be cool to see some more Bus processors too - Busforce is great.

If I had to choose just 1 FX collection between Native Instruments, Eventide, Universal Audio, Arturia, Soundtoys, etc, it would be Arturia although there's no replacement for Blackhole, which I use a lot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:21 am A DCrown FX (which turns everything into a reverb)
I am really no Arturia hater, I like some of their plugins,
but I would like a different dev to create it and name it
The Reverber - The crown of all reverbs!
or as a "fan" of Vengeance Avenger maybe
"Revenger - the only reverb you will ever need!"

Augmented EQ
LA-2A V
1973-Pre rebuilt

Possibly things others have already done.
Rev EM250
Comp USA550
Pre MAN-VB
Rev LX48
Tape STUD800

But hopefully not.

How about

Filter - SherFB
Dist - BDS1

Or something totally new

soundgoodizer emulation
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

Return to “Effects”