Strange Field Recording Anomaly

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The cane toad story reminds me of the month I spent in Hawaii and every night the coqui frogs would chirp up a storm. I wondered how I would sleep. After I got home and made it to bed, it was quiet. Way too quiet. I think you got electric hum. Were you near a transformer?

vurt wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:55 pmaliens?
I'm not going to say it was aliens, but I can't completely rule that out yet either. :wink:

Before I would expect aliens, I would expect some sort of experimental US military aircraft. We spend an ungodly amount of money on exotic experimental aircraft. It's impossible for the average person to know what we have in the sky at any given time. Also remember, I heard this just after some military jets flew low over my area.

Then again, maybe those military jets were scrambled to intercept the alien ship that passed over my house? :hihi:
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

BertKoor wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:34 pm I would not rule out simple electro-magnetic interference. Any coil or wire loop can/will pick up 60Hz power hum.
I know, and I haven't ruled that out yet. When I looked at the spectrum of the recording I made, there was a fairly large spike at 60 Hz (the power line frequency here) and another spike at the 180 Hz harmonic.
GlenVision.com

What beautiful madness. (not /s)

Any chance you might upload the audio for us forensic audio-ers to stick a bit of reverb on or just vocode it against the rest of the universe? I've got a feeling it might need a bit of Melodyning..

vurt wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:45 pm try your ether in the same area?
I haven't yet. It's roughly 9:30 am here at the moment, and it's below freezing outside. When things warm up a bit, I'll try the Ether in the same spot, along with a few different external microphones. Then, I'll try moving the gear to different locations and see how the results change.

It occurs to me, I wouldn't make a very good arctic explorer! It's only 28F / -2C outside, and there's no I'm going outside if I don't have to! :lol:
GlenVision.com

pekbro wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:57 pm When it rains here, I can hear the low hum of gazillions of cane toads spread across this side of the island, pretty interesting really... Took me a while to figure out what it was. They don't actually
hum, there's just so many of them singing at approx. the same freq...
You should try getting a good sample of that. We could turn it into a Gazillion Cane Toad Drone Synth. It could give the supersaw some real competition. :)
GlenVision.com

PatchAdamz wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:26 am Do you wear a pacemaker or have any robotic parts?
I first thought you asked if I had robotic pants! :o

But no, I don't have a pacemaker or any robotic parts. I do have a cool new band name though.

Robotic Pants

:hihi:
GlenVision.com

Frantz wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:28 pm On a clear night, walk around the area with the microphone pointing upwards. When you hear the 60 cycle hum again, you have located the aircraft. Extend your arms with your palms facing upwards in a peaceful, non-threatening gesture. Calmly but firmly repeat the phrase, "Klaatu barada nikto." A massive gray saucer-shaped aircraft will silently appear above your head. A door will open and you will be bathed in a powerful beam of white light. You will be lifted floating gently upwards into the aircraft. Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime!
It sounds like you have personal experience with this! :borg:
GlenVision.com

McLilith wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:54 pm It sounds like you have personal experience with this! :borg:
I've had some Close Encounters of the Netflix Kind. :P

vurt wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:55 pmaliens?
Yup, you got me.
I was right over you in my flying saucer, with the invisibility shield on, of course.

osiris wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:23 pm The cane toad story reminds me of the month I spent in Hawaii and every night the coqui frogs would chirp up a storm. I wondered how I would sleep. After I got home and made it to bed, it was quiet. Way too quiet. I think you got electric hum. Were you near a transformer?
The coqui frogs aren't everywhere like the toads, it's definitely toads that I was hearing. One only
need listen with some of them in the vicinity to be able to hear that their individual songs are combining into a drone.

McLilith wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:51 pm
PatchAdamz wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:26 am Do you wear a pacemaker or have any robotic parts?
I first thought you asked if I had robotic pants! :o

But no, I don't have a pacemaker or any robotic parts. I do have a cool new band name though.

Robotic Pants

:hihi:
Yea, mine are acting up.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A16YuzuKN58

osiris wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:23 pm Were you near a transformer?
yeah, optimus prime was here.

I prefer RC as I was just watching the latest movie the other day and musing about what a cool convenience that might be if your GF could transform into a cool motorcycle. :lol:

:o
pervert!

:lol:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”