Software to batch remove silence . . .

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is creating a macro in Audacity simple? Reliable?

tommyzai wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:40 pm I have over 200k in loops
Unless you 200k drum loops my experience is that you will have to tweak the algorithm to suit the material.

Reaper may have that batch functionality I have just never used it - askingon their forum would get the answer. And you can always ask someone or pay them to write the batching aspect of the function- is not that expensive and would be worth it with that number of loops

thx. I might need a script

tommyzai wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:23 pm Is creating a macro in Audacity simple? Reliable?
2 minutes of a job for something like this. It really is just adding effects/processes from a list in a a pop-up box when you insert them, then saving it. For this you'd only need 2 - the truncate effect, and the command to export the files.

It would look like this;

truncate2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Before: 200.000 loops
After: 2.000.000+ single-shots with duplicates

Is that really progress?
I say yagni ...
(and probably you already have 20.000+ one-shots already collecting dust)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Can user determine how much silence is needed in order to truncate silence? Otherwise, the results would be a mess . . .

tommyzai wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:57 pm Can user determine how much silence is needed in order to truncate silence? Otherwise, the results would be a mess . . .
See my previous posts...yes!

in the screenshot i cannot tell, but great. thx

Does Audacity seem reliable and safe when batch processing?

tommyzai wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:34 pm Does Audacity seem reliable and safe when batch processing?
Well, you don't overwrite the original files. It's been around a long time, always seemed stable here. It's free, so why not give it a try and see!

Good advice. Hope i can figure out how to set it up....no experience w Audacity

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”