Anybody got the original Sampletank Free patches?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MrM wrote:
Squids wrote:I don't mean to bum you out but if you didn't get them when they were offered in the first place, no one else has the rights to distribute them except for a retailer or company that has a demo or SE version, technically.
Are you willing to share the files?
If I had them I am at least an authorized source of distribution of them. But, actually I don't think I have those anymore. There used to be some demo CDs with all of them on there. By the way, there is a NEW demo CD with a LOT of really cool stuff coming out next week. Free plugs, sounds you can't get anywhere else. I can get you that but it does need to run on XP. (just get XP!!! ;) :D )

Manc Chris wrote:
MrM wrote:
Squids wrote:I don't mean to bum you out but if you didn't get them when they were offered in the first place, no one else has the rights to distribute them except for a retailer or company that has a demo or SE version, technically.
quote]

Are you willing to share the files?
I think Squids is saying that if you missed the offer - tough. Too late. Etc.

He's towing the party line, and while I personally think there should be some slack, it's his business, and he doesn't. Therefore, we are stumped.

Maybe though, future revisions should be called 'SampletankFree - for a limited period' :roll:
No, actually that's not true in many respects. For one thing, I am not the maker of SampleTank Free. I am just commenting on it because of my knowledge of sample licenses and we (SR) also made some sounds for it as well.

But, the same things can't be given away for free forever. Companies move on. I think there's no secret that it was a promotional piece. Why would you expect IK to continue promoting outdated versions of their software? IK has SampleTank 2 FREE now with some legacy sounds and some new sounds too. That seems like what most people would expect I think. It's not like the sounds and previous version wasn't available for several years to download courtesy of IK, SR and other companies who made sounds for it.

There's still a lot of free stuff being given away (ST2 FREE, SS2 FREE). The glass is more than half full I think in that area. I hope so anyway. It's not like we don't want people to be able to enjoy it and use it in their music. It's just dual purpose that's all. Nothing secret about that or wrong with it IMO.

The sadest part of this story is that ST Free patches are far better than the ones for ST2 Free :roll: The soprano patch is ridiculous :lol:
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.

Ja.x wrote:The soprano patch is ridiculous :lol:
What? :shrug:

I liked the soprano.

Maybe you were expecting this: :?:

:hihi:
McLilith
Last edited by McLilith on Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McLilith wrote:
Ja.x wrote:The soprano patch is ridiculous :lol:
What? :shrug:

I liked the sporano.

Maybe you were expecting this: :?:

:hihi:
McLilith
That's a very good Soprano. :lol:

cancel
------------------------------------------------------------------
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fling off.

ST2's Soprano patch sounds OK if you only use C3, C3# and D# (altough at these notes it's more alto than soprano); below that it sounds like Daffy Duck :lol: and upper sounds like a whistle...
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.

If dougsyo sent you the files Squids couldn't you then authorize their distribution? (I have the files so it's not a big deal to me).
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”