A bump for Antti's ASynth and VSynth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I prefere the yellowish wood thing. It's much easier on the eyes. That blue looks nice but it screams out in a darkened room :) .

Cheers!
bManic

I prefer the blue!

mebbe it could be toned down a little?

I replaced the image with a less vivid blue, check the other page.

ArneyS wrote:Here's a slight update on it with a different tint.

you get:
:D :D :D :D

out of ten possible so, great going!

mindless wrote:

you get:

I totally agree. I would be much more apt to use the synth if it looked like this! Of course, I'll probably use it anyway. By the way, just like to point out that you left off all the LFO and oversampling stuff, as well as the new distortion/overdrive module (which I really hope will be included; the author's distortion VST effects are very impressive :)) but you probably know that.

Anyway, it's really really REAALLY nice looking :D. The surrounding grey area is a little too non-descript for my tastes, but the colors are great, and the whole thing is very easy to read.

Oh, and I need to comment on this, but I don't know where.

http://www.acoustics.hut.fi/~ajhuovil/V ... otleg).mp3

(The Arguru ASynth demo)

This little track is so beautiful it makes me want to cry :cry: :love:

Thank you Arguru.

Rellik wrote:
mindless wrote:

you get:

I totally agree. I would be much more apt to use the synth if it looked like this! Of course, I'll probably use it anyway. By the way, just like to point out that you left off all the LFO and oversampling stuff, as well as the new distortion/overdrive module (which I really hope will be included; the author's distortion VST effects are very impressive :)) but you probably know that.

Anyway, it's really really REAALLY nice looking :D. The surrounding grey area is a little too non-descript for my tastes, but the colors are great, and the whole thing is very easy to read.
Ahh, that's becuase the design is not complete yet! I've got a few more design ideas in store, it will look more complete once its done

very cool 8)

Rellik wrote:Oh, and I need to comment on this, but I don't know where.

http://www.acoustics.hut.fi/~ajhuovil/V ... otleg).mp3

(The Arguru ASynth demo)

This little track is so beautiful it makes me want to cry :cry: :love:

Thank you Arguru.
It is a rather corking little number in a Daft Punk / Les Rhythmes Digitales kind of stylee. Nice one. :)

Now where's the original post so I can see what is doing what?

ArneyS, have you talked to Antti about a new GUI version?

I hope Antti thinks this is ok!

Guys, take it easy with the gui ideas. ASynth will not be getting a new gui. I will do bugfixes and some minor improvements (velocity sensitivity etc) and that will be it for the foreseeable future.

After that I will concentrate on Augur. If you people want to design new GUIs, concentrate your efforts there (it is desperately in need of a decent GUI).

Well, I agree actually..Augur needs a gui more than Asynth...

true

antti wrote:Guys, take it easy with the gui ideas. ASynth will not be getting a new gui. I will do bugfixes and some minor improvements (velocity sensitivity etc) and that will be it for the foreseeable future.

After that I will concentrate on Augur. If you people want to design new GUIs, concentrate your efforts there (it is desperately in need of a decent GUI).
:? - is it hard to implement Arney's improvements of your gui if he provides you with the bitmaps?

Of course, guis don't matter that much anyway - but after all I don't think there's anyone who'd deny that Arneys screenshot is an improvement over ASynths current gui - so why not using it? :?

(sorry for harnessing you with that question :oops: :-) )

Kinda sad if Antti won't be "supporting" a new GUI, it could use one (the knobs in the current one are ok but the switches and the background...). I started fiddling with one a while ago, having the idea in mind that I'll replace them and see what happens.

Of course it can be done, but rearranging the stuff into a more logical layout can't be done (to be exact, it could be done but there's too much effort, kinda like 'cracking' the plugin :P). Well, at least I'll have a "prettier" one for my own use as will others who are into this sort of thing.

I can only pray that at some point someone posts such a nice suggestion that Antti decides to go with it :)

I love the way it sounds, oh dear it sounds great indeed. Quite a few of my friends with piles of commercial plugins are also saying it's about the sweetest sounding VSTi they've encountered :)

Arney's effort looks nice though having that shade of bluish on a grey background... not exactly my favorite choice of colors ;) More pizazz, flare, call it what you will... (if only it had a GUI done by the same fellow who did Ambience, now THAT would be beautiful)

Regards,

JMH
Now available with added Inherently Suspect Justification!

Return to “Instruments”