Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DS Audio Thorn

surreal wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:10 pm Yes! you can buy it direct from falkemedia.de. chose the dvd option and buy it and download the iso file. Extract The iso file to a folder using winrar. Request a serial code from serial centre.de and use the code to unlock the thorn beat file that is still zipped in the folder where you extracted the iso image too. This is what I did and it all worked out fine.
I bought from them. After three emails sent I still have no answer for the code.

You get the code emailed by answering a question about a word in a headline of the issue you bought. Works like with the CM downloads...
You have to go to serialcenter.de give your e-mail choose the issue and answer the question...

I had already purchased a vst with this process.
I had to answer the question by completing a sentence in an article.
But here I only have an iso file.
Once this iso file installed, I have all the programs including thorn.
When I want to open thorn or other programs it asks me for a code.

You mean when you are trying to unzip the ZIP files?

IIRC, Beat always sent out codes to unzip the plugin archives.

I can decompress the zip files, but when I want to launch the thorn exe it asks me for a password.

Maybe the password of your computer to install it?

Yeah, I assume you mean your user's password for admin rights on installation? Can't imagine anything else where a password prompt would show up on a program installation...

Windows now requires password to install?! Wow this is a good Unix effect if true :)

> I can decompress the zip files, but when I want to launch the thorn exe it asks me for a password.
I'm pretty much sure it's not decompressed zip, but only content listing.
You can obtain zip password here serialcenter.de

EnGee wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:25 am Windows now requires password to install?! Wow this is a good Unix effect if true :)
It always did when it was configured to do so?

It's pretty annoying for me though, and, it doesn't really add to security, unless other users use the computer as well, so, I'm always logged in with (lower) admin rights.

Still different from Unix systems. For example, Linux and OS X when they use that, you feel it's natural while in Windows it feels stupid :hihi: Anyway, I still prefer Windows even more than OS X cause I know it better and have no problem to give my user administrator rights.

I used to be logged in as a normal user without admin rights since Windows Vista now, because I always thought it was more secure. Someone who knows better told me then that it does not add much, if any security, so, I always use a admin account now (which doesn't grant you rights to do everything anyway though. It's much easier to use though, because you don't have to take into account what user rights programs are expecting when they're executed, plus, you don't have to take into account that some programs copy user files, or configuration files in the installing user's, so, the admin user's folders. It was a real PITA, to be honest.).

AFAIK, the user right system under Linux and Mac OS is a different thing though.

That's it it works!
I went on serialcenter.de as fairplay advised me.
Thank you all for your support :-)

chk071 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:41 pm I used to be logged in as a normal user without admin rights since Windows Vista now, because I always thought it was more secure. Someone who knows better told me then that it does not add much, if any security, so, I always use a admin account now (which doesn't grant you rights to do everything anyway though. It's much easier to use though, because you don't have to take into account what user rights programs are expecting when they're executed, plus, you don't have to take into account that some programs copy user files, or configuration files in the installing user's, so, the admin user's folders. It was a real PITA, to be honest.).

AFAIK, the user right system under Linux and Mac OS is a different thing though.
I used Linux and OS X for some time (mostly Linux since 1999/2000 but off and on) and they are very similar. Directories and user rights are far better than in Windows. Windows is just a big mess really because it is evolved from simple OS that is easy to use, while Unix is designed to be as complex as needed.

From the start you can make a partition per every user, while system files can be in one or more partitions. I’m not advanced, just normal user when it comes to Linux. Anyway, I still believe it’s better than Windows in its design and performance. The problem is development, resources and marketing are not as easy to find or manage like with OS X or Windows. OS X is a beautiful and great OS but it is Apple!

Return to “Instruments”