ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

When can we start buying presets individually? ;)

I'm done buying expensive packs of 128+ presets. While they are great, I have way too many and 80-90% of sounds I don't even use. Either they don't fit the music I make or I just don't have time to use them all. That's 80-90% of >$1,000 dollars spent on packs over the years :(

1000$ is nothing, but that's an good idea, they could sell one preset for 1$! :D

And yes, the next "Synthwave Expansion". There's a 80s/90s revival, because after years with always the same sounds again and again in every genre for the "future generation", nobody can hear that loudness Mickey Mouse crap anymore. And the problem with every hype is, everybody wants to make fast money with "that" sounds. So, if you have many synths, you can buy at the moment endless synthwave soundbanks or you also can use the endless synth emulations of the synths from the 80s/90s. But after a while nobody can hear that sounds anymore ... :D

https://youtu.be/CncWgENkP3U

The epic expansion you've all been waiting for is here: Progressive House!

We took our time with this one to ensure it was the most complete and masterful expansion yet.

Get the total package of inspiring plucks, energetic arpeggios, deep basslines, melodic chord progressions, evolving pads, and laid back beats today.

This is the perfect fusion between House and Trance, created to take any track to the next level.

msvs wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:11 am The epic expansion you've all been waiting for is here: Progressive House!

We took our time with this one to ensure it was the most complete and masterful expansion yet.

Get the total package of inspiring plucks, energetic arpeggios, deep basslines, melodic chord progressions, evolving pads, and laid back beats today.

This is the perfect fusion between House and Trance, created to take any track to the next level.
Wow! This is the most authentic Progressive House expansion I've heard from any VSTi. Usually the others do not showcase the chill progressive house type of basslines and sounds. Who designed this expansion? Amazing. :phones:

I'd like to see a jazz expansion,
and R'n'B ...

dune_rave wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:13 am I'd like to see a jazz expansion,
and R'n'B ...
I second this especially a modern day R&B expansion! I would cop that immediately.

While im here, is it possible to download nexus 2 if i own nexus 3?? for some reason i like that ui more and dont mind the sounds

How about some more features, for your customers to build our own Multi's and have the ability to choose what sounds and when we want to layer?? God forbid
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Moog Matriarch/Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/DM12
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

dune_rave wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:13 am I'd like to see a jazz expansion,
and R'n'B ...
I’d love to see this!

trusampler wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:26 am How about some more features, for your customers to build our own Multi's and have the ability to choose what sounds and when we want to layer?? God forbid
Completely beats the purpose. For that you may wanna look at avenger or rapid

I am thinking about buying Nexus3. How are your experiences? I am particularly interested about:

- how is RAM and CPU consumption in relation to Nexus2...? Can you test e.g. 10 instances (with GUIs closed) and tell me how much RAM the DAW consumes more than without the 10 instances...? This is very important to me.

- is there any serious bugs left? I heard people complaining about issues in activation. I am btw.. on Windows 10 and Ableton Live 10.

I'd say stay away from it. Their new protection is 10 times worse than a dongle. I had to contact support a while ago because out of the blue Nexus 3 gave me an error that there were too many activations, while I use it on only one computer and have not changed any hardware. They reset my activations without making an issue out of it, but still it's very annoying when you're locked out of something you paid for and you need to wait for support to help you out (altough I have to say support was very quick to reply).

I really wish they added an option to switch to the eLicenser dongle again for those who want it, I would not hesitate for a second. Never had any issues with Nexus 2, it just worked.

golemus wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:09 am I am thinking about buying Nexus3. How are your experiences? I am particularly interested about:

- how is RAM and CPU consumption in relation to Nexus2...? Can you test e.g. 10 instances (with GUIs closed) and tell me how much RAM the DAW consumes more than without the 10 instances...? This is very important to me.

- is there any serious bugs left? I heard people complaining about issues in activation. I am btw.. on Windows 10 and Ableton Live 10.
EDIT - I misread this post as relating to Avenger so deleted my reply. Morning brain.
Last edited by noiseboyuk on Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”