UVI Relayer: Precision Creative Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Relayer

Sampleconstruct wrote:ÜberMod is a modulation monster, and it shines at all sorts of tasks, but not really at creating complex rhythmical structures with total control of the rhythm, timbre, pan position and volume of each single tab. That's where Relayer (and Logic's Delay Designer) come in.
Logic's Delay Designer... That's another one. I know there's more, especially on Windows, but again none of them can offer all that Relayer can.

Numanoid wrote:When I see that kind of endorsement, $54 is burning in my pocket :oops:
:lol:

Of course, try the demo... But $54 for this is an absolute bargain (and yes, is on par with the everyday bargain that Valhalla offers, but please don't tell him because I love those prices/plugins). :oops:

gwok wrote:
otristan wrote:
gwok wrote:
There is free option and you can just double click the slider and enter the value you want.

Still let us know if you find something that you would found useful

ahhhh.....omg!!

So i see it allows you to put in fractions - sweet!!

What I think would be really useful is if you could use that same logic for the tap to set the snap grid. For example right now, I can in type in any division I choose per tap (as I see it atm anyway)

What would be nice though is if you could set the global division and snap grid in the same fashion as you can per tap. So one could for eg. set the grid to 13/4 and work at that division. Whereas right now to work in 13/4 you would have to set each tap individually by double clicking.

So I guess like an input field in the "SNAP" area where you could input the division, and then the graphic would show and snap to that?

Does that make sense?

Ya, the Redux does sound crazy good :)

btw, check this out if you feel inclined to on the subdivision subject :)

http://www.vai.com/tempo-mental/
Will have to think about it

(Off for two week holidays now :D )
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote:
gwok wrote:
otristan wrote:
gwok wrote:
There is free option and you can just double click the slider and enter the value you want.

Still let us know if you find something that you would found useful

ahhhh.....omg!!

So i see it allows you to put in fractions - sweet!!

What I think would be really useful is if you could use that same logic for the tap to set the snap grid. For example right now, I can in type in any division I choose per tap (as I see it atm anyway)

What would be nice though is if you could set the global division and snap grid in the same fashion as you can per tap. So one could for eg. set the grid to 13/4 and work at that division. Whereas right now to work in 13/4 you would have to set each tap individually by double clicking.

So I guess like an input field in the "SNAP" area where you could input the division, and then the graphic would show and snap to that?

Does that make sense?

Ya, the Redux does sound crazy good :)

btw, check this out if you feel inclined to on the subdivision subject :)

http://www.vai.com/tempo-mental/
Will have to think about it

This would be a great feature if possible!

otristan wrote:
Enjoy your holiday, you deserve it!

elxsound wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:ÜberMod is a modulation monster, and it shines at all sorts of tasks, but not really at creating complex rhythmical structures with total control of the rhythm, timbre, pan position and volume of each single tab. That's where Relayer (and Logic's Delay Designer) come in.
Logic's Delay Designer... That's another one. I know there's more, especially on Windows, but again none of them can offer all that Relayer can.

I guess that between relayer and delay designer the only major difference is on the extraordinary ease of use of relayer, otherwise they're very similar in the most significant features...

I'm amazed by the intelligence spread on the ergonomics of relayer

Krakatau wrote:
elxsound wrote:

I guess that between relayer and delay designer the only major difference is on the extraordinary ease of use of relayer, otherwise they're very similar in the most significant features...

I'm amazed by the intelligence spread on the ergonomics of relayer
Ease of use/Ergomoics definitely. Otherwise, you're looking at inclusion of effects in the delay (which is actually pretty nice to have built-in). Delay Designer does offer a couple things that Relayer doesn't like positioning/placing of taps, where a work-around is required (such as adjusting the timing of individual taps, or muting some taps to get the same effect) but overall Relayer is massively easier to use.

elxsound wrote:But $54 for this is an absolute bargain
not everyone is so happy :shrug:

What is the max delay time ?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
elxsound wrote:But $54 for this is an absolute bargain
not everyone is so happy :shrug:

question of changing mood for some ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYDzJyTCVGY

woggle wrote:What is the max delay time ?
i guess the maximum delay possible is depending on host's tempo...

Minimum tempo in Logic is 5 BPM, max delay time in Relayer is 2x 4/4 = 8/4, so that makes the max delay time in Logic 96 seconds.

@otristan

would be kool if you made a midi version of this, as a little brother or something.
by midi version I mean a midi delay ... i.e delaying midi notes.

does anyone know of any good midi delays btw ?

Daags wrote:@otristan

would be kool if you made a midi version of this, as a little brother or something.
by midi version I mean a midi delay ... i.e delaying midi notes.

does anyone know of any good midi delays btw ?
That could be interesting.
May deserve a thread of its own.
Try this ?
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=%2 ... effect+vst
What features would a midi delay fx would have.
In real-time?

Kalamata Kid wrote: May deserve a thread of its own.
not quite 'way' ahead of you, but...a bit ahead of you ;)

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=441798

UVI seem to have the interface pretty much there... so it would be nice if they went into the code and replaced the audio-doodads with midi-doodads ...and hey presto, Midi Relayer is born : )

I don't presume it to be that simple of course, but conceptually at least the interface is good.

Return to “Effects”