Xhun Audio ZeroBox : Analogue Bassline (ver 1.2)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ZeroBox

Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:13 pm Yey :) good news everybody…
Finally I’ve managed to get zerobox working under Cubase Pro 11, Logic Pro 11 and of course Ableton Live Suite 11 (Native Mac M1).
Reason still doesn’t recognise it, because it is 2 years behind in development and doesn’t know what vst3 is… :dog:
Anyway, I had to disable Gatekeeper through terminal using cryptic command, delete VST2 of zerobox, restart my Mac and bingo, all works in Logic and finally as vst3 in Cubase :)
Still, is that what the average, potential buyer has to go through…?!
It took me a week to get zerobox working on my Mac, but that should not be the case if there was a proper OS X installer available to begin with… :(
you should get a free copy.
🇷🇺

i like this project,may even buy it,but from what i saw as demo its kind of mess,what most users users will like - copy into your daw vst folder,register and d enjoy.
gui and presets library had problem when try it and just delete it.
Will wait for upgrade and test it again.

How long does the intro price last?

Hey,

1- just be sure to install / copy the presets files as described in the included instructions and the library will be easily accessible, also in the demo version.

2- the Anniversary Special Offer will be valid until Feb 28th (from the Xhun Audio eShop).
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

I feel really bad saying this and it might be at no fault of the developer’s but I have just laughed/cried my way through this demo. It is honestly the worst demo of a 303 I have ever seen. It’s like the presenter has never heard of acid techno. In fact, it’s like Roland’s original idea for the 303 of using it as the bass player in a rock band. Honestly, I can’t believe how bad this is. The live drums, the clashing ‘synth lines’…

I really hope there are some better YT demos in the pipeline by people who have actually heard of a 303… This plugin truly deserves better.

https://youtu.be/UdOblqRd_to

🤣made my day
🇷🇺

And how much these emulations have already been driven, but xhun knows how to surprise you with its sound :tu:

can't watch it, sorry. in fact it's not only the worst 303 Clip but the worst YT Video i have ever seen.
🇷🇺

A feature request I have to be able to switch pitch numbers to notes, using numbers is not as intuitive.
Was trying to recreate some acid patterns shown in a cool YouTube channel, it's harder to do with numbers. (DuckTronic)

Re-creating some of those patterns, which I tried to do, (to share as presets) results in it not being in the same ball park. Sound-wise (square wave) and response of the sequencer (slide/accent).
Any chance this can be tweaked some to get closer to a 303?

"Numbers" is the best approach for SEQ PTC mode. Maybe a "Note" mode will be added apecifically for SEQ KTG. Added to the "to-evaulate" list :)

In ZeroBox, the square wave PWM goes from 50% (default) up to 95%. In the tb-303 it is hardwired to about 66%. The SHAPE parameter will change the PWM amount (for the square, the supersaw for the sawtooth).
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

xhunaudio wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:44 pm "Numbers" is the best approach for SEQ PTC mode. Maybe a "Note" mode will be added apecifically for SEQ KTG. Added to the "to-evaulate" list :)
Would be nice, thanks for adding it to your list.
xhunaudio wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:44 pm In ZeroBox, the square wave PWM goes from 50% (default) up to 95%. In the tb-303 it is hardwired to about 66%. The SHAPE parameter will change the PWM amount (for the square, the supersaw for the sawtooth).
I see, will try that.

Nevermind. Found out my Problem :)

GusGranite wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:00 am I feel really bad saying this and it might be at no fault of the developer’s but I have just laughed/cried my way through this demo. It is honestly the worst demo of a 303 I have ever seen. It’s like the presenter has never heard of acid techno. In fact, it’s like Roland’s original idea for the 303 of using it as the bass player in a rock band. Honestly, I can’t believe how bad this is. The live drums, the clashing ‘synth lines’…

I really hope there are some better YT demos in the pipeline by people who have actually heard of a 303… This plugin truly deserves better.

https://youtu.be/UdOblqRd_to
this is a great opportunity for you to make an excellent demo/review then don't you think? :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

This is how a Real Bassline Synth should sound and the great bundled effects are perfect for it :)
Love it :tu:

Just a quick update in regards to Xerobox compatibility…
Works beautifully in the latest Cubase 12 Pro update :)

Return to “Instruments”