One Synth Challenge #182: Charlatan 3 by BlauKraut Engineering / karrikuh (IrionDaRonin Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan

IrionDaRonin wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:05 pm Now before i ask my prize, I saw "secondary" and "additional" prizes. Is this stackable prizes or how are these going exactly? This is totally new to me. Could anybody explain this further? Thanks!
Secondary and Additional prizes are separate and stackable - if your entry qualifies as outlined (top 3, top 5, single instance).

top 10 are insane this time. congrats guys. that round was awfully solid. <3
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

Congrats to the winners!

Great to see IrionDaRonin back and taking the top slot among some seriously good tracks :tu:
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

Congrats to the winners! :party:
It's really fun and I would also like to learn from all of you.

I do have questions, am I allowed to make a breakdown video of the music and also if I were to continue, change and improve on it, am I allowed to release it commercially?

YYeet wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:17 am ... am I allowed to make a breakdown video of the music and also if I were to continue, change and improve on it, am I allowed to release it commercially?
Sure thing! The only real thing you give up by submitting is that OSC can post the original submission to an archive, as I understand it. Speaking of which, this seems like the archive hasn't been updated in a while, I guess this stopped happening?

Crazy! Wow! Thanks... I didn't expect to make it into the top 5 in this really great round. Congrats to all participants! Congrats to all in top 5, especially Irion! And thanks for the kvr guys for running the show!

I pass on the price. For the other in top 5 I would recommend to check out whether SynthMaster2 is still available ... SM3 is close to release and I think license holders can get a special deal ;-)

Ciao and this time greetings from the adriatic sea close to Rimini, Peter:H
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Fri May 17, 2024 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Congratulations to the winners! Very well deserved with all the really good entries!!! I learned a lot and had a lot of fun with this synth and this challenge! Many thanks for that! :party: :tu:

As for my own ranking, I really didn't expect to finish so high up. That leaves me a bit speechless... and that's really rare, lol! Thank you so much for this and all the comments on SC, which I will of course reply to as soon as possible.

RichardSemper wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 10:22 pm
IrionDaRonin wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:05 pm Now before i ask my prize, I saw "secondary" and "additional" prizes. Is this stackable prizes or how are these going exactly? This is totally new to me. Could anybody explain this further? Thanks!
Secondary and Additional prizes are separate and stackable - if your entry qualifies as outlined (top 3, top 5, single instance).
Lunaris 2 for me. Thanks 😊🙏🏻

Good choice -- Luftrum stuff is really great sounding! I guess I'll take the nakst Altitude prize this time.

z.prime wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:40 pm Good choice -- Luftrum stuff is really great sounding! I guess I'll take the nakst Altitude prize this time.
Yes, Luftrum is amazing and a great sound designer. I worked with him a couple of times, for soundsets for Diva (years ago) and for Dark Zebra not long ago.

Enjoy your prize, bro, congrats 😄

Thank you for bringing me to the 5th position this month.
A great round this time, good quality works, hard to vote. This synth sounds so great with a good set of fxs inside, I've barely used any external.
I'm making a video for my song with random footage I've recorded near the sea, I'll post when i get it finished. I hope soon.

I was waiting for the winners chose the prize, I think you already selected one
I want these Aiyn Zahev sounds:
Diva: Digital Vol.1 (Trance Classics Set)
Diva: Digital Vol.2 (Trance Classics Set)

Thanks to KVR team for this amazing contest that It keeps me making music

Congratulations to the winners and especially IrionDaRonin for his wonderful track - you more than deserve it. Thank you to Richard and BJPorter too for setting these up - it has made a wonderful community that inspires me all the time.

To be honest, I am surprised at the reception to my track. I wasn't even sure if I was going to submit it - a big thanks to silverpants for encouraging me. Chiptune and early MIDI stuff is what I mostly grew up making, and those simple tones tend to force a specific musical style due to their limitations. I had a lot of fun composing like that again, whilst trying to make the drum kit have this raw tone to it.

I understand it can be cheesy, silly or even annoying at times. But it really means a lot that people found enjoyment in what I made - this one felt closer to me which is why I had my biggest doubts about it too. So, thank you!

Anyway!

Let me also add to the Luftrum praise up above! - Lunaris 2 is one of my favourites for new-age pad and bell sounds, it's like a modern KORG M1 for me in that use-case. It also has a random function that you can spend hours on because it just keeps producing wonderful combinations. You're going to love it!

I believe everyone has asked for their prize, so if possible I'd like to select NUSofting Echobis - I've been demo'ing it and it's a really creative and interesting sounding delay. I can never have enough delays... :lol:

Hello,
that was my first submission, and it was really fun, so i don't want to drop a complaint, just wondering.
My entry in the scoresheet begins with the letters "dq". Is that because my entry didn't fit the name format?
("title (artistname)" instead of "artistname - title")

Did you forget to vote? You must vote on all tracks during the voting period.

dB

orbeater wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:29 pm Hello,
that was my first submission, and it was really fun, so i don't want to drop a complaint, just wondering.
My entry in the scoresheet begins with the letters "dq". Is that because my entry didn't fit the name format?
("title (artistname)" instead of "artistname - title")
Hi,
No-one has yet got a dq for not conforming to the name format. We did not receive your votes for the competition, and voting is mandatory.
see rules here: https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/rules?authuser=0
Good luck for next time!

Return to “Instruments”