Xhun Audio ZeroBox : Analogue Bassline (ver 1.2)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ZeroBox

Hi,

Is there a way to modify the attack envelope please ? I very often want to replicate that typical "bwomp" sound with my teebees. If not, would you consider adding that feature some day please ?

I know it’s not supposed to be part of the original model, but just asking, as we’ve heard this sound everywhere since the early 90’s. Thanks in advance !

PS : I’ve already purchased ZeroBox. :wink:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Hi DJErmac,

uhmm, not sure about what exactly the "bwomp" attack is.

ZeroBox has an adjustable VCA attack mod (the same mod found in hardware in order to smooth the original VCA transient considered to be a little too steep). Here it is :

Or maybe that "bwomp" you mentioned is related to the Accent? Listen this, from 00:10 to 00:14 :

https://soundcloud.com/xhun-audio-zerob ... ry-library
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

Any plans on making this apple silicon native by any chance?
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

Yes it's on the plan, as well as tackling all other architectures.

At now ZeroBox and other products run fine on Apple Silicon with Rosetta 2.

Anyone ever tried DDMF Metaplugin ver 4.x? It features a x86 to Apple Silicon wrapper independently from Rosetta 2.

If anyone used this wrapper, any feedback about it would be great...

xhunaudio wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:41 am Hi DJErmac,

uhmm, not sure about what exactly the "bwomp" attack is.

ZeroBox has an adjustable VCA attack mod (the same mod found in hardware in order to smooth the original VCA transient considered to be a little too steep). Here it is :

Or maybe that "bwomp" you mentioned is related to the Accent? Listen this, from 00:10 to 00:14 :

https://soundcloud.com/xhun-audio-zerob ... ry-library
Thank you very much. Sorry, I must admit that was unclear... :D

Here’s what I’m talking about (right from the beginning and on every end of each measure then) :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ih_ZhzjjG ... IG1pbmQ%3D
Dj Sakin - Protect Your Mind [Planet Radio]

The exact same pattern can be found here (in the background, behind a crazy other teebee), in the freakin’ excellent track which drop is at 15’28 :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vyKU5t62J ... FudCBBY2lk

I use the attack parameter to get it on some teebees. I’d love to get it also on ZeroBox please. :)

Something like this (?) :

https://pouch.jumpshare.com/preview/XgG ... EcXWfs.mp3

This is ZeroBox, factory preset "The A-Rex Roar A" (slightly modified in 2 minutes) using the built-in SOLID-A distortion and REEVERB.

Anyway, a knob control for the "VCA smooth" (instead of the current button) was an idea indeed...

xhunaudio wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:34 pm Something like this (?) :

https://pouch.jumpshare.com/preview/XgG ... EcXWfs.mp3

This is ZeroBox, factory preset "The A-Rex Roar A" (slightly modified in 2 minutes) using the built-in SOLID-A distortion and REEVERB.

Anyway, a knob control for the "VCA smooth" (instead of the current button) was an idea indeed...
Yeah, that’s it, thanks a million times ! :love:

:tu:

xhunaudio wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:09 pm Yes it's on the plan, as well as tackling all other architectures.

At now ZeroBox and other products run fine on Apple Silicon with Rosetta 2.

Anyone ever tried DDMF Metaplugin ver 4.x? It features a x86 to Apple Silicon wrapper independently from Rosetta 2.

If anyone used this wrapper, any feedback about it would be great...
Great news! Looking forward to the update!

I redid my whole studio setup from scratch when I upgraded to the M1 Pro, and have all my templates completely native, no Rosetta.

Plugin sounds great btw, can't wait to sink my teeth into it :D
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

Don’t hold your breath 😉
Zerobox is not renowned for quick updates. It might never come…
“ Anyone ever tried DDMF Metaplugin ver 4.x? It features a x86 to Apple Silicon wrapper independently from Rosetta 2.” - obviously developer is trying all the ways NOT to develop AS Native VST3…
But, while you wait, you can currently get AS fully compatible 303 VST3 at similar price point from:
- BassLine 3 from Audiorealism (claimed to be the best)
- Phoscyon by D16
- Acid V from Arturia
- TB-303 from Roland
I have them all and love them all 🥰
Btw; I have promptly deleted Zerobox as I run everything in AS native mode.
It amazes me that so recent update is NOT AS native, oh well…
PS; Apple unleashed M1 cpu on November 17, 2020 - almost 4 years ago.
Obviously not enough time for some developers to convert their apps to new platform… :wink:
I wonder if there is refund policy with this developer…?

Any progress on AS native vst3 of Zerobox..?
Or are you to occupied with developing yet another app that is NOT AS native..?!
… and while you at it please make sure to Nautarising your apps please…
PS; Every software DAW that I use - Logic, Cubase, Live and Reason runs natively on my M2 Mac Pro - I don’t use Rosetta.
All of my installed plugins from NI, Arturia, Roland, KORG, D16, AudiioRealism, Cherry Audio and many, many more including some freebies as well… 169 of them on my Mac so far and counting are fully Nautariesed By Apple and have proper installation apps - none of that copy and paste crap.
Zerobox sounds great but you offer none of the support that other developers do 😞
Btw; What’s your refund policy if any..?

Atlatnesiti wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:01 am Any progress on AS native vst3 of Zerobox..?
Or are you to occupied with developing yet another app that is NOT AS native..?!
PS; Every software DAW that I use - Logic, Cubase, Live and Reason runs natively on my M2 Mac Pro - I don’t use Rosetta.
All of my installed plugins from NI, Arturia, Roland, KORG, D16, AudiioRealism, Cherry Audio and many, many more including some freebies as well… 169 of them on my Mac so far and counting are fully Nautariesed By Apple and have proper installation apps - none of that copy and paste crap.
Zerobox sounds great but you offer none of the support that other developers do 😞
ZeroBox has just been Nautarised here :

xhunaudio wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:00 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:01 am Any progress on AS native vst3 of Zerobox..?

:roll:

cdbaksu wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:24 pm
xhunaudio wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:00 pm

:roll:
If people continue to bother, I'll fill this thread with my best puns - I have plenty like that. Your choice.

Oh well, so much for reassuring reply…
Developers reply hits new level (low) indeed…
Obviously my $100 for Zerobox gone down the drain…

Return to “Instruments”