Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:30 pm
:tu:
Did you wear a cape while recording that? :-D
No just my underwear and a smile...... :hihi:

Does anyone know how to move the Play Start Position indicator? I can't seem to get it to move clicking on it or using modifiers like shift etc. The manual doesn't seem to mention it at all. I believe this was a new addition to 13.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Guys, what do you thing about W13, would you like share your testdrive experience?

Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:08 pm ...
Does anyone know how to move the Play Start Position indicator? I can't seem to get it to move clicking on it or using modifiers like shift etc. The manual doesn't seem to mention it at all. I believe this was a new addition to 13.
Left-Click on the Master(Marker-Chord-Arranger) tracks ?
Ryzen 5 3600 | 32GB DDR4 | Radeon RX 590 | Ubuntu 24.04 LTS - Windows 11 | Waveform 13 PRO | Bitwig 5.1 | VCV Rack 2 Free | Ardour

inkybreath wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:23 am ...
How long is the sale on?
From the mailing list:
Save 40% during our launch week sale!
40% Site-wide SALE
Everything sitewide is now 40% OFF to celebrate.
Upgrade to Waveform Pro 13 today and enjoy the extra discount.
Sale ends Monday​, April​ 8​th at 11:59​pm PDT​
Ryzen 5 3600 | 32GB DDR4 | Radeon RX 590 | Ubuntu 24.04 LTS - Windows 11 | Waveform 13 PRO | Bitwig 5.1 | VCV Rack 2 Free | Ardour

dajonaga wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:57 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:08 pm ...
Left-Click on the Master(Marker-Chord-Arranger) tracks ?
Well sort of, I discovered that we can click in the main arrangement area to place the now time indicator and the start point will follow.

Unfortunately I was hoping I would be able to set a start point and record from there without having to set the loop point start.

In other words say I have a 16 bar track and I want to start recording at bar 8. I was hoping I could set the start point indicator to bar 8 and start recording from there.

The only way I can find is to set the loop start point to bar 8 unless I'm missing a setting somewhere.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Vollofi wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:49 pm Guys, what do you thing about W13, would you like share your testdrive experience?
There is a free 30 day demo. Try it for yourself. Much better than relying on the opinions of others since we all work in different ways.

I'm loving it so far but you may hate it, so in that case my opinion would be worthless to you. :wink:

For me this has been the most stable Waveform release in years which was always my biggest gripe with Tracktion in the past so I'm very happy with it so far.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

I will say that this version is more responsive and stable. I like both the feel and the CPU load of projects from version 12, which went into the red zone. Now this is not the case.

I worked a little more in it, maybe 3 hours to 6 hours total.
I agree with those that said it's the most stable so far. Scanning new plugins has been fine. Using plugins has been a breeze. With the two or three sessions that I've put in I had the thing where I got to the end and closed it out and then stopped and realized that I never had to restart nothing crashed, it was a clean run every time.

Again, I am an amateur and the little and often important things can slip by me. But the experience has been very smooth.

I've sent two bug reports to support and got this response today:

"....the MIDI issue has been fixed now and will be available in an update asap. I'll log the drum grid notes issue and hopefully get that sorted soon as well".

I'm very impressed with support so far. They've been responsive, kind, and fixes appear to be on the way so I'm getting to be more of a fanboi by the day...... :hihi:

Anyone who has read my posts over the decades knows I have no problem complaining about something if I feel there is a good reason to do so but I have nothing but praise at this point for WF 13 Pro and the company behind it...... :tu:

Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:10 pm I've sent two bug reports to support and got this response today:

"....the MIDI issue has been fixed now and will be available in an update asap. I'll log the drum grid notes issue and hopefully get that sorted soon as well".

I'm very impressed with support so far. They've been responsive, kind, and fixes appear to be on the way so I'm getting to be more of a fanboi by the day...... :hihi:

Anyone who has read my posts over the decades knows I have no problem complaining about something if I feel there is a good reason to do so but I have nothing but praise at this point for WF 13 Pro and the company behind it...... :tu:
Wow, that reminds me of the Tracktion of long ago... Maybe version 1.6 or so.
Someone would mention a bug on this forum, and Jules would release a fix later in the day. It's encouraging. :clap:

On the play head issue - you can set markers fairly easily, and easily jump to those locations. Set as many as you like; although jumping to them is typing the number <Enter>.
Waveform 12; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

I just loaded WF 13 and there is an update available. 13.0.33

Downloading and installing now.......

EDIT: I am happy to report that both the Note Length and Drum Grid issues I reported to support have been fixed in this version.

Well done! :tu:
Last edited by Teksonik on Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:56 pm I just loaded WF 13 and there is an update available. 13.0.33

Downloading and installing now.......
There is a thread about it, it went public beta yesterday and nobody screamed so went full release today. Mainly to get a new UI glitches fixed asap.

Oh sorry I didn't see that thread. As I said in my edit above both issues I reported have been fixed so......Thanks! :tu:

Return to “Tracktion”