Waldorf M Wavetable Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

simmo75 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:03 am
pdxindy wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:21 am Yes, 1.0.8 is an impressive update! Lots of new stuff including some excellent filters.

Waldorf M is a fantastic synth!
Yeah, I’ve been playing with the beta, it’s so unique. Nothing sounds like it. I love it!
Same here... it's my favorite hardware synth! I've been so focused on the filters that I have not tried the wavetable interpolation yet.

pdxindy wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:18 am
pdxindy wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:21 am Yes, 1.0.8 is an impressive update! Lots of new stuff including some excellent filters.

Yeah, I’ve been playing with the beta, it’s so unique. Nothing sounds like it. I love it!
Same here... it's my favorite hardware synth! I've been so focused on the filters that I have not tried the wavetable interpolation yet.
You’re in for a treat :)

:tu:

pdxindy wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:19 pm
Goseba wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:25 am I recently bought the M and last night was trying to sequence it (rather than enjoying a bit of sound design).
Can someone help me with what I am missing please with Program Change and Bank Select? It works fine in single sound mode, but in multi mode program changes on the individual channels are completely ignored.
I tried changing the MIDI Channel in the settings to 5 but any program change on midi channels 1-4 of the multi, change the multi, not the respective individual midi channel programs.
What firmware are you using?
Tried 1.07 and now on 1.08.

The MIDI light blinks to show the message has been received. And Program Change works to change the Multi itself.

Can anyone else verify if they can change bank or patch of a part in a Multi?
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

Goseba wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:51 am
pdxindy wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:19 pm
Goseba wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:25 am I recently bought the M and last night was trying to sequence it (rather than enjoying a bit of sound design).
Can someone help me with what I am missing please with Program Change and Bank Select? It works fine in single sound mode, but in multi mode program changes on the individual channels are completely ignored.
I tried changing the MIDI Channel in the settings to 5 but any program change on midi channels 1-4 of the multi, change the multi, not the respective individual midi channel programs.
What firmware are you using?
Tried 1.07 and now on 1.08.

The MIDI light blinks to show the message has been received. And Program Change works to change the Multi itself.

Can anyone else verify if they can change bank or patch of a part in a Multi?
Waldorf have confirmed it is a bug which they hope to correct in a future firmware release.
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

simmo75 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:37 am
pdxindy wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:18 am

You’re in for a treat :)
I finally tried the new smoothing... adds a nice new tone to the M. The M has become quite diverse.

I'm excited to get the 8 voice expansion card!

It seems the 8 voice version of Waldorf M keeps dropping its price... I recently put Waldorf M on my Reverb watchlist and later got a direct offer from Korg USA with price of USD $1359.99... really tempted but I have spend enough this year on hardware synths...

Anyway, for people who would like to get the M, you can simply register a reverb account, put any of the Waldorf M listing into your watchlist (or favorite), and you should be able to receive this direct offer too!
Trance, Trance Is Life

£1,399.00 in UK (Anderton's) but still too pricey for me.
<list your stupid gear here>

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”