KVR MIX CHALLENGE - MC03 August 2014 - Voting period has ended, Winners announced (pg 17)

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And I have decided that after getting a score of 0! I will be using master bus processing from now on.

Uncle E wrote:
camsr wrote:So in your perspective of optimal meaning good, that means a mix critiqued by you is only good if you like it. You are the entire audience!
In all fairness, chaosbringer did specifically request feedback. Furthermore, he didn't seem to take the feedback too personally so I don't think this is something that needs to be fought over.

Anyway, FWIW, I was the client and I liked chaosbringer's mix quite a bit. :)
If one person likes something I worked on, then that's enough for me [= especially if its the client haha.

I have never cared to appeal to everyone.

But I appreciate the feedback, thank you Marando.

Also, can we have a mastering contest?? haha. I've only been in the producing game for like 3.5-4 years (realistically less than that) and have been teaching myself everything. I think I made pretty damn good progress, but I would love to hear/see what people do when they master things.

Perhaps it would help me get ideas for alternate techniques, as this competition has. Of course, I don't think I would learn much unless it was some sort of electronic music track since that is all I really care to focus on.

Keep in mind, this thread can still be used for resubmissions and asking for further feedback.

Like this:
Compyfox wrote:I'd (like to) pick up the discussion at this point.

My entry was commented on by user Bass108 as "lofi mixed". Personally I beg to differ - but this is all about subjective opinion anyway.

Still, as someone that has experience in mastering, what is your honest opinion about my obviously "too muddy mix". Is this easy to fix during mastering, or does it need a drastic revision compared to (let's say) the winner or your favorite tracks.

I don't need in depth feedback as to what could be changed. Let's take a look at this track from an objective point of view. Assuming we only have access to this mixdown, that is. Because the main question recently seems to be "can this mix be fixed during mastering". So why not start with mine as example since it was declared as "not really great" to begin with.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Production Techniques”