Something new from G-Force (Mellotron MKII)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:48 pm Curiosity: for those who would definitely buy this at some lower price. (That doesnt include jens, obvs)-

What would you pay for this?
for me, the "f'k it, i've got the other stuff, why not?" price would be around 50 quid. the "i'll think about it but do it anyway" is up to a ton. the "i'd need at leat one use-case, which i don't have today" is between that and where it is now. the chances are i wouldn't use the dual-manual aspect of it that much.

it would be more about using the loops as source material or the basis for a Can-style ethnological forgery series type track – which i can do with the optigan and similar loops I've already got.

but the features seem decent for someone who wants to improv around the loops in real time or a real mellotron fan who wants that dual-manual/home-organ experience

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:23 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:20 pm
ChamomileShark wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:12 pm I really wish the bickering here would stop. This is supposed to be fun.
This is the only fun the white rabbit has in his life. Leave him be.
Nah, there's also kicking your arse around the block every other day, though admittedly that's a fairly easy fun.
You're so tough brother. Perfect role model for aspiring trolls all around the internet.

No, really. Being nice is not your forte. How ironic that you once called me a misanthrope. You're, like, the prototype of a misanthrope.

Again though, noone should spoil the only fun you have in your life. You sad individual.

> drops into thread to troll

> complains about trolling

your projector is working great, sir.

gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:05 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:48 pm Curiosity: for those who would definitely buy this at some lower price. (That doesnt include jens, obvs)-

What would you pay for this?
for me, the "f'k it, i've got the other stuff, why not?" price would be around 50 quid. the "i'll think about it but do it anyway" is up to a ton. the "i'd need at leat one use-case, which i don't have today" is between that and where it is now. the chances are i wouldn't use the dual-manual aspect of it that much.

it would be more about using the loops as source material or the basis for a Can-style ethnological forgery series type track – which i can do with the optigan and similar loops I've already got.

but the features seem decent for someone who wants to improv around the loops in real time or a real mellotron fan who wants that dual-manual/home-organ experience
Around 69 EUR, depends how many sounds I don't already have and how different the ones I already have sound to the new ones.

I've exactly no need for tempo synched loops although I'd be quite happy to see this in M-Tron Pro upgrade for the loops that are in there.

Admiteddly I have used exactly one loop as the basis for a composition (years ago). It wasn't easy to get it exactly in time. Come mix time I didn't need it anymore...

I use M-Tron Pro in every song I make, though.

k

chk071 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:06 pm aspiring trolls
Very self-insightful, given that your sole contribution to this thread is your unprovoked ad hominem attack on me.
But then you do keep doing that. Dont forget to keep up the pattern, by bleating about the response you get, then running away.

Which shows what kind of a person you are. And how weak your actual argumentation is, if you feel the need to get abusive the whole time.
But, you already know that anyway. You just disagree for the sake of it. Doesn't even have to make sense.
Well, some people really can't discuss.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

jens and whyterabbyt, you're not really contributing to this thread.

Admittedly I've not done well myself but this has become about you two, not about the Mello Mk2.

Anyway, any buyers? Except for the world supermegastars...

k

soulata wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:26 pm jens and whyterabbyt, you're not really contributing to this thread.
Unproductive bickering aside, I actually did contribute to this thread quite a bit...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:21 pm Well, some people really can't discuss.
Oh the irony. ;)

jens wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:32 pm
soulata wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:26 pm jens and whyterabbyt, you're not really contributing to this thread.
Unproductive bickering aside, I actually did contribute to this thread quite a bit...
Yup.
Are some people really thinking this might be a Mellotron? This teaser is as un-Mellotronish as it gets in all regards. And someone even claimed the teaser contained "orchestral music"...

it sounds profoundly digital (additive) to me.

soulata wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:17 pm
Around 69 EUR, depends how many sounds I don't already have and how different the ones I already have sound to the new ones.
It's similar for me - 50€ would basically be a no-brainer for me.... for 69€ there'd be a good chance I'd end up going for it... 99€ perhaps, depending on how much I like the reverb, etc.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

chk071 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:35 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:21 pm Well, some people really can't discuss.
Oh the irony. ;)
Exactly.

More of a 'whoosh' for you than you think, I suspect.

Rodent, what might be your point again? They obviously did not use the MK2 for this trailer, which - understandably, I'd say - completely threw me off (i.e. listening to it I expected the product to be the emulation of a rare early additive synth or so - just like some others did as well - in my opinion that's just one further of the several mistakes they did when it comes to marketing the MK2) - so again, what kind of f**king point do you think you might have according to that weird mind of yours? But either way you are just pathetically trolling at this point.

jens wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:41 pm Rodent, what might be your point again?
Baldycuntface, my point is about context.

It isn't - context and you aren't exactly best mates.

Ooooooh yes it is....

Return to “Instruments”