Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

Very cool! :tu:
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

baconpaul wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:25 pm
Mutant wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:19 pm Elo :)
Do i remember it wrong that it was possible in Surge to make the two main envelopes behave analog way where the voltage on gate on signal begins not from zero but from the voltage it was at before ?
yes
set the synth in appropriate mono mode and right mouse on the play mode area and you will get a menu with retriever options.
OK, looks like i am not my usual intelligent self today, because i can't make it work - it always starts from zero no matter what option i choose from that right click menu. :)
I'll try later at night.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

In polyphonic mode you need to set "Reuse single" if you want kinda-sorta analog voice card behavior (in this case Surge will reuse the same voice for a note played on the same keys). In monophonic modes you set "Continue from current level" below "Envelope Retrigger Behavior" header, this is when you right-click the Play Mode parameter.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:50 pm In polyphonic mode you need to set "Reuse single" if you want kinda-sorta analog voice card behavior (in this case Surge will reuse the same voice for a note played on the same keys). In monophonic modes you set "Continue from current level" below "Envelope Retrigger Behavior" header, this is when you right-click the Play Mode parameter.
Click on "MONO" under "Play Mode" in top left part of the UI, right click to see the Play Mode menu, no such options as "Continue from current level" or "Envelope Retrigger Behavior".
If there is another "Play Mode" on different part of the UI, i can't find it.

HOLD ! I might have a version problem here, i'll uninstall everything and install from the file i downloaded today again.
Problem solved.
I was looking at a totally different version installed in a different directory.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

I figured it was something like that happening. :)

Thank you Surge Team !!!
:clap:

Downloading, thanks guys!

thank you Evil
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Thank you guys! You rulez!
AudioThing|Cableguys|Image-Line|Klanghelm|Tokyo Dawn Records|Tritik|Valhalla DSP
Dmitry Sches|Surge Synth Team|u-he

baconpaul wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:22 pm We are happy to release Surge XT 1.2.0 today.

XT 1.2.0 contains many new accessibility features and fixes, includes a fully self contained oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer, has new powerful features for microtonal musicians who use MTS-ESP, and contains a large number of bug fixes and enhancements. The release also contains all the code-level adaptations we needed to make Surge XT for VCV Rack work.

This release brings several new contributors to the Surge Synth team, with 11 distinct volunteer devs having commits between 1.1.2 and 1.2.0. Welcome to the new team members!

You can read the full changelog <https://github.com/surge-synthesizer/su ... angelog.md> and download the plugin at <https://surge-synthesizer.github.io>
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you very much!!!
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

Going to finally delve into surge, thanks go out to the team for an awesome free product, sounds wonderful.

Many many thanks to you guys for the new update! DSP and FL Studio side improvements rock! :clap: :tu:

No ASIO on the standalones...
Oh well.

BBFG# wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:04 pm No ASIO on the standalones...
Oh well.
use wasabi :)
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:29 pm use wasabi :)
I love Wasabi
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasabi

But even better, WASAPI :phones:

Return to “Instruments”