LiveSlice 1.45 Released

Official support for: livelab.dk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

flippya2000 wrote:Eg try loading any of the demo banks (inside the liveslice plug folder, eg 'liveslice - outsiderz - bank1') - the waveform isn't displayed for me, there's a workaround for this at least.
Yep, also noticed this strange gui-behaviour in Cubase4 while playing with the liveslice demo.
And I think there's a problem with the stretch parameter (or I just don't understand it right). The stretched audio won't get stretched as the waveform-display suggests, it's played at normal length with short audio-repetitions at the end. I don't think that this is the way it is supposed to work.
But apart from that it's a great tool imo!
That QA guy from planet u-he.

flippya2000 wrote:Any1 else having serious GUI probs with LiveSlice1.45?

Eg try loading any of the demo banks (inside the liveslice plug folder, eg 'liveslice - outsiderz - bank1') - the waveform isn't displayed for me, there's a workaround for this at least.
This has been fixed.
flippya2000 wrote: Also, try recording a sample (go > rec > mon > start/stop twice, once at beginning of loop rec, once at end) - the recording isn't displayed, altho can be played afterwards. Also, the sync control doesn't seem to work. All tested in eXT (not the main view, ie inside sequencer)
It sounds like you have to recheck your routings in eXT. Routing audio in the sequencer can be a bit tricky. I just added this to the LiveSlice manual, hope it helps:

Recording from another track in the same sequencer comp:
Add LiveSlice to a midi track. Then add whatever you need to record to a different midi or audio track in the same sequencer. Now route the output of the source track to LiveSlice by right clicking the title in the main mixer - you might want to disable the routing to the sequencer output while you are there.
I recommend enabling sync in LiveSlice and programming what you want to record in the sequencer.
Recording from the sequencer input:
Add LiveSlice to a midi track. Then add an audio track, and hit that little speaker icon to enable monitoring of that track (will route the input to the output of that track). Now all you have to do is route the output of that audio track to LiveSlice and you can start recording - in sync.
Last edited by ohm on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

tasmaniandevil wrote:...It's played at normal length with short audio-repetitions at the end. I don't think that this is the way it is supposed to work.
But apart from that it's a great tool imo!
That is the intended behavior. This type of stretching sounds most natural on percussive material - take a snare drum hit for instance - you don't want to mess with the attack - it'll start sounding weird. The end of the drum hit though can be easily looped.

I am aware that this type of stretching is unusable for bass/vocal and other tonal material , but since LiveSlice is focusing on beats I chose to implement this type of stretching first. It's very likely that I'll implement some generic timestretching as an alternative in a later release. There are some pretty good ready made timestretching libraries available.

I haven't received the update and when e-mailing to support, I'm getting "undeliverable" message. :( Seeing that there are posts about demo download problems - is everything ok?

ingridd wrote:I haven't received the update and when e-mailing to support, I'm getting "undeliverable" message. :( Seeing that there are posts about demo download problems - is everything ok?
the demo-download is fixed, it was just a problem with the file-permissions.

did you check your spam-folder? for some reason i got the update email twice just a few minutes apart, which some spam-tools consider an behaviour of spam-senders.

if you really can't find the update, try mailing again using the address on http://www.livelab.dk/contact.php (it should work), alternatively you could PM ohm here on KVR and mention your email-address you used to register and he'll sent it again to you for sure.

ohm wrote:That is the intended behavior.
Ah, ok. Thanks for clarification.
ohm wrote:It's very likely that I'll implement some generic timestretching as an alternative in a later release. There are some pretty good ready made timestretching libraries available.
Yes, pleeeease! I will play around with the demo a bit more and will probably soon buy it. But since I intent to use it more for sound design than for conventional drumloops, an alternative timestretch (and maybe even time-squeeze to shorten audio?) would be great. Liveslice could become a very good sound design tool!
That QA guy from planet u-he.

loachm wrote:@ohm - is a rough release schedule for v1.5 possible? I hope, it won't take too long, if it turns out, that it'll go up all the way via v1.46 - v1.49.

...please, just a hint :) - I don't want to be anal, but there is almost one year between the release date of v1.44 and v1.45 and the announcement for v1.5 is even a bit older. Don't want to paint a gloomy picture for the release dates for v1.46 - v1.49... :D So, any inofficial, non-binding, speculative hint?

loachm wrote:
loachm wrote:@ohm - is a rough release schedule for v1.5 possible? I hope, it won't take too long, if it turns out, that it'll go up all the way via v1.46 - v1.49.

...please, just a hint :) - I don't want to be anal, but there is almost one year between the release date of v1.44 and v1.45 and the announcement for v1.5 is even a bit older. Don't want to paint a gloomy picture for the release dates for v1.46 - v1.49... :D So, any inofficial, non-binding, speculative hint?
I'm not planning to add new features to 1.46-1.49 - they'll be reserved for bugfixes that can't wait until 1.5 is ready. I'll branch out the code (keep 1.46 when that is ready) and then immediately start working on the promised 1.5 features.

:hug:

:?: :roll:

:?

:shrug:

8)

:razz: :D

Hi,

Thanks for v1.45 Ohm! Nice update indeed :)

Here are 2 small BRs I noticed (one BR which had already been corrected in rc4 I think, is back :roll: ):

[LiveSlice v145]

BR1/ The return of the "changing bank, changes arrangement" bug
GilJ wrote: [LiveSlice v145rc3]

BR1/ Changing banks, selects another arrangement
1- Load LS
2- Select arrangement C1
3- Load a loop and lock to loop
4- LMB on LS's "Play" button
5- Start the host's sequencer
6- Select another bank (I.E. bank 2)
:?: C1 arrangement stops to play and C2 gets selected
BR2/ Problem with mouse clicks (LMB or RMB)
:?: After having clicked 2 or 3 times -rather quickly- on a button (Ex. dice random button, or mute button), I must click 2 times to activate the button, instead of once...
N.B. If you click on the button and wait for 1 and 2 seconds, and click once more on the button, you won't be able to reproduce this bug :o

Cheers,
GilJ.

Return to “Livelab.dk”