Bass "Mono-izer" plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

By IVGA you mean VUMT ?

Yeah, that's what i meant. Thanks for pointing it out, i'll go back and change it.

That's interesting about VUMT Deluxe. Got me interested now in which really is the best sounding low end mono-izer on the market.

By IVGA you guys mean IVGI? :hihi:

MogwaiBoy wrote:That's interesting about VUMT Deluxe. Got me interested now in which really is the best sounding low end mono-izer on the market.
Indeed, it's quite the handy little plugin with a whole bunch of features. I must have missed its release cos i didn't even know a deluxe version existed till someone mentioned it in this thread.
e@rs wrote:By IVGA you guys mean IVGI? :hihi:
Yeah, that's the one! I've had very little sleep this weekend! :ud:

We have Side Filter that does the job: http://www.audiority.com/shop/side-filter/

Cheers,
Luca

Indeed you do Luca - and a fine job it does!

i like Sanford bass tightener, but then who cares what i like
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Just a quick update. I've done some more analysis with screenshots that i'll try to compile later today. Basically all the stuff I already mentioned in my long post before. Further to that I did a lot of experimenting with all three TDR EQs, using different filter types and various combinations of low-shelf and high-pass, some interesting results.

I've also downloaded demos of Nugen monfilter (standard & elements), Audiority Sidefilter and bx Control v2 so i'll be looking into them too. Couldn't find a demo of Mongoose unfortunately, but from the picture on Boz's website, i suspect it to be of the multiband crossover type.

It's easy if you know how

I was using plugin alliances monoizer but switched to Nugen. I like the sound of Nugen better and it's features and visualization of whats going on. I also usually use Sound Radix Pi on tracks with a lot of low end to help keep things in phase, then Nugen Monofilter on the mix buss. I also Monofilter in mastering just before the final limiter.

Looking forward to your analysis results, mutantdog

A1StereoControl from A1Audio

do_androids_dream wrote:Any eq that has mid/side capability. High pass filter the side channel up to the point at which you want to keep in the centre. I use Tokyo Dawn Labs Nova or T Racks classic eq most of the time - both free.
Very true, I can second that. I use the Melda MEqualizer that is part of their FreeEffectsBundle to do it for a long time now, and it works like a charm.

Return to “Effects”