New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Infinite PRO

Sampleconstruct wrote:
On import, new files are created which are saved with the patch, it's less convoluted than Phonem concerning the file management.
That is good news... Phonem is a favorite but the file management aint

Experimenting with a new patch which uses a re-synthesized trombone sound and morphs it with other sources, a filter imported from one of my Phonem sounds is also active plus the noise oscillator which uses a re-synthesized violin scrape. Some external FX applied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvMuFJ9Ggbo

Nice demo! Some intriguing morphing going on there...

Performance with this instrument can so much benefit from a touch controller; perhaps the Infinite ipad app can control the vst plugin like Alchemy v1.5 did, or a Lemur/ Mididesigner template?
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

A sequencer patch I just programmed in Infinite, using re-synthesized brass and vocal sounds which are morphed by an s&h LFO, synced to host tempo. The filter shape was imported from one of my Phonem patches, the noise-generator uses another re-synthesized brass texture. Some external delay action (Soundtoys FX Rack).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-ZZC6KYDnc

So how would you classify this synth?

wagtunes wrote:So how would you classify this synth?
Spectral re-synthesis, audio morphing, sonic mayhem, an exotic pearl.

so not out yet?
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:so not out yet?
No, but soon.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
No, but soon.
I'm working on some seriously unserious nonmusical music that this would be fun to add into the mix.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
No, but soon.
I'm working on some seriously unserious nonmusical music that this would be fun to add into the mix.
That sounds like a serious light-hearted non-plan.

A patch I just programmed in PPG Infinite, re-synthesizing a saxophone sequence played on my soprano and morphing that with a re-synthesized vocal speech sound, using a Molder filter imported from a Phonem utterance chain, improvised live on video, tweaking things on the fly. Some external reverb -> Diffuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG9I7mrbCJA

Nice new sound! :tu:

I only have the iOS version, but the one thing I am not entirely pleased about is the Noiser. Moving the X/Y position, the noise comes in so fast. It feels a bit difficult to get more subtle effects. Also, frequently the Noiser is too separate from the sound itself, not sounding integrated as part of the overall sound. I think that could be improved.

pdxindy wrote:Nice new sound! :tu:

I only have the iOS version, but the one thing I am not entirely pleased about is the Noiser. Moving the X/Y position, the noise comes in so fast. It feels a bit difficult to get more subtle effects. Also, frequently the Noiser is too separate from the sound itself, not sounding integrated as part of the overall sound. I think that could be improved.
Thanks. The Noiser is probably the weakest part in Infinite, I intend to use it sparsely but will go on experimenting with re-synthesizing all kind of sources for the Noiser, until I find something which really sounds interesting, usually it sounds a little blurry and very "spectral".

Has this been released for PC yet?

Return to “Instruments”