Korg NTS-1 : New Versions : New Mk2 and NTS3 Kaoss Pad

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

egbert101 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:52 am And I think if we continue speculating, perhaps there is a mkii version of Minilogue XD in the works? Imagine 8 note polyphony and the new multiengine.
Probably the only thing that makes sense is a MK2 Prologue & Minilogue incoming TBH...then everything will port to the new SDK...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I was always curious about the Kaoss Pad in its various incarnations, but never pulled the trigger on one. Maybe this will be the one, particularly if Sinevibes drops some stuff for it...

I like turtles.
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<list your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:35 pm New Opsix mkii version. Although basically the same with double polyphony.

https://youtu.be/ZV0yDqnwD3o
Not an NTS-1, you maybe posted in the wrong thread?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

The NTS-3 deserves it's own thread!
If Sinevibes converts their effects to run on it, we will have a monster controller....
GAS hitting hard

Constructed Identity wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:26 pm The NTS-3 deserves it's own thread!
Technically, its always been possible to replace the hardware controls of the NTS-1 with something else, though. There's documentation on it at the Korg github, alongside the SDK. Basically, the NTS-3 seems to be Korg doing that officially...

foosnark wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:51 pm I was always curious about the Kaoss Pad in its various incarnations, but never pulled the trigger on one. Maybe this will be the one, particularly if Sinevibes drops some stuff for it...
I have a KP-3 and two Mini-KP. This is a lot closer to the Mini-KPs, I think, in that there doesnt seem to be any sampler side to it, just the effects.

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:43 pm
foosnark wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:51 pm I was always curious about the Kaoss Pad in its various incarnations, but never pulled the trigger on one. Maybe this will be the one, particularly if Sinevibes drops some stuff for it...
I have a KP-3 and two Mini-KP. This is a lot closer to the Mini-KPs, I think, in that there doesnt seem to be any sampler side to it, just the effects.
Yes, I wanted a Kaos pad years ago but never got one. I can understand why it is not backwards comparable to the 'logue' versions, but a few lines of code should be all that is required to get X-Y positional control on parameters in the effects.
Sounds awesome in theory - knowing Korg, they'll probably charge $400 for this kit.

SLiC wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:21 am it is still a great little FX Box (lives on my Eurorack!)
How are you using this with your Eurorack - output from the synth to NTS-1, and then audio out from the NTS-1 (either from the audio out or headphone jack) to your headphones/DAW/recorder? I ask because I have a guitar pedal output module on my Eurorack system. I tried to use the NTS-1 as a send effect, running audio out from the Eurorack pedal module to the NTS-1 and then back to the pedal module, but the output from the NTS-1 is not powerful enough even to register back in the Eurorack.

I wonder if the pad supports MIDI over USB. I've been looking for something that can control joysticks in VST synths such as the Wavestate, D-50 and Prophet VS, which does not self-recenter like regular joysticks.

No, Not just effects- Sinevibes has a couple of oscillators that would be perfect for this: the bent waves one and the wavetable synth

Constructed Identity wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:54 pm Yes, I wanted a Kaos pad years ago but never got one. I can understand why it is not backwards comparable to the 'logue' versions, but a few lines of code should be all that is required to get X-Y positional control on parameters in the effects.
Sounds awesome in theory - knowing Korg, they'll probably charge $400 for this kit.
$169 according to the Synthanatomy article I linked to.

Also thinking that porting might be relatively straightforward. Some changes to the API for the drumlogue, but the main difference is probably just that they're not binary-compatible ARM variants processors. The full set of development tools for the four existng platforms / both classes of platforms have been integrated into a single Docker container, though, so that looks relatively promising.

Constructed Identity wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:59 pm No, Not just effects- Sinevibes has a couple of oscillators that would be perfect for this: the bent waves one and the wavetable synth
Yeah, sorry, badly stated that; just meant it didnt have the sampler of (some of) the full-size KPs. The minis have some synth presets too.

I doubt it will be $169, but if it is and if Sinevibes starts releasing his oscillators and effects for it it will be an insta-buy. The way my Prologue only has one (two) knobs for parameters on these is a crime.

bharris22 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:56 pm
SLiC wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:21 am it is still a great little FX Box (lives on my Eurorack!)
How are you using this with your Eurorack - output from the synth to NTS-1, and then audio out from the NTS-1 (either from the audio out or headphone jack) to your headphones/DAW/recorder? I ask because I have a guitar pedal output module on my Eurorack system. I tried to use the NTS-1 as a send effect, running audio out from the Eurorack pedal module to the NTS-1 and then back to the pedal module, but the output from the NTS-1 is not powerful enough even to register back in the Eurorack.
Do you have a boost on the way back in? I am using https://busycircuits.com/alm006/
Attenuation of outgoing modular audio signal sent to external effects.
Amplification of returned audio signal to high modular signals 
(approx. 3db to 34db of gain)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”