NeuralDSP Quad Cortex

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Amberience wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:23 pm I did have the Quad Cortex, but sold it because it wasn't mature enough.
Care to elaborate?

The Noodlist wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:58 pm
Amberience wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:23 pm I did have the Quad Cortex, but sold it because it wasn't mature enough.
Care to elaborate?
Nah.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

zvenx wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:21 am
zerocrossing wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:29 am ...........have me mixed up with someone else. I did try the Gojira. (Cory Wong and Fortin)I wasn’t impressed. I think the Brainworx plugins for UAD sound much better. .....
Sorry about the mix up.

yeah if you like the Brainworx stuff (they are on record saying their Native and UAD stuff is the exact same algorithms), we have very different tastes.

rsp
UAD hardware uses SHARC DSP, the same as the Quad Cortex. I wonder if they could offer amp captures in the future?

zvenx wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:21 am
zerocrossing wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:29 am ...........have me mixed up with someone else. I did try the Gojira. (Cory Wong and Fortin)I wasn’t impressed. I think the Brainworx plugins for UAD sound much better. .....
Sorry about the mix up.

yeah if you like the Brainworx stuff (they are on record saying their Native and UAD stuff is the exact same algorithms), we have very different tastes.

rsp
My tastes are a bit all over the place. Since that post, I tried other NeuralDSP stuff and liked it a lot. I just watched an amp/QuadCortex demo where I liked the QuadCortex better in every example.

I did end up canceling my QuadCortex order and getting an AxeFX 3 instead. I had a project that required something and I'd sold my Kemper and was using NeuraDSP native plugins to bridge the gap, but it looked like the QuadCortex wasn't going to get to me any time soon, and when I thought about it, the extra effects on the AxeFX were really more important than amp capture to me. I'm really happy, so I don't really feel the need to revisit that choice, but the QuadCortex does sound really great.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

> Looks like my favorite AmpSim developer is doing a hardware floor unit.

Well, it's years later and the Quadcortex is out. I got one, I'm a big fan of it, but I am looking forward to the CorOS 2.0 update- I do think the software could definitely use some maturity. The hardware is definitely solid however.

edude03 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:21 pm > Looks like my favorite AmpSim developer is doing a hardware floor unit.

Well, it's years later and the Quadcortex is out. I got one, I'm a big fan of it, but I am looking forward to the CorOS 2.0 update- I do think the software could definitely use some maturity. The hardware is definitely solid however.
Would you say it's worth getting one considering the cheaper amp sim options on the market? I'm considering it.

I had one and then sold it after a few weeks. I did not get along with it. The touch screen was nice but like others said, it wasn’t mature enough for me. The demos online sounded nothing like the unit to me. Hearing all the videos before it was out made me super stoked to get it, but when I did get it to my ears it sounded nothing like the demos I heard. I also had a Fractal AX8 at the time and to my ears the AX8 sounded better when I A/B it. This is all just my opinion so take it for what it is. If it were me I’d invest in a Helix over the QC. Helix is actually my main modeler now. Sold my Axe Fx 3 when I got a Helix.

I hope Neural DSP consider a more affordable playback device like the IKM's Tonex Pedal.

Not everybody wants to capture or has the access to a variety of amps to do so. I want to play, and have access to classic amp captures that are out of my grasp. Staples like an AC30, Tweed Champ, Twin Reverb, Plexi, JMT45, Dumble ODS, Ampeg and the rest. Maybe it could be called Quad Kore, the basics along with a few functions.......pipe dream........

There are cheaper amp sim options for sure, but I feel like for an all in one the price is reasonable for what you get. A lower cost option would be good for expanding the ecosystem though

Return to “Guitars”