Valhalla Supermassive

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaSupermassive

Nice. Not quite a no-brainer, since it's free as opposed to the dev paying me to download it, but pretty close.

Could be useful! Thanks!

Wow, totally unexpected gift... Thank you, Sean and Don! :clap:

urosh wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:39 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:32 pm It's no generosity if a company releases freeware. It's called "advertising".
Yes, in some cases, but Supermassive is beyond generous from Sean. Someone else would put hefty price tag on this.
And they would lose out because nobody would buy it. Apart from the warp function which seems to do nothing but blur the delay sound into near non-existence, it's not much different to some high end freeware. I'm grateful to the dev for giving this away; it's still a gem, but hefty price tag? No.

Just playing piano and messing with the controls... there's some lovely tones in there, and nice options for sound design. Very cool, and very generous to offer this for free.

Just downloaded. Very nice. Cheers Valhalla!

Erisian wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:40 pm it's not much different to some high end freeware.
Could you point me out to some examples for this?

urosh wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:53 pm
Erisian wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:40 pm it's not much different to some high end freeware.
NI Raum?

cantaloupe wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:17 pm Why is this free though?
because, if you really like it, you might be enticed to purchase other products

urosh wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:53 pm
My experience with KVR is that people who have money and like to pay for their toys will never accept that free software can sound good so there is no point. I have plenty of experience with freeware and have had so many plugins that I have had to sift through them and delete those that aren't quite as good as the others. This has proved to be a hard job at times because devs are constantly pushing the boundaries and the quality is getting better and better. If you want to find out, go do a search on vst4free and other similar sites. Check them out for yourself. This has a nice sound but the functions are no different to standard free delays, apart from the warp function which to me, does nothing useful.

Nice one. Thank you Valhalla. This seems like fun.

This is gorgeous, and extremely generous, and I think some people here must have tin ears, hearts of stone and brains of mush, or something along those lines.

cantaloupe wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:17 pm Why is this free though?
You know how the world is a fire-y hellhole right now and many people are trapped in their homes feeling uneasy about the state of things and may want to work on music? This is our gift to everyone that needs a little ray of sunshine in a rather dire time.
Don Gunn
ValhallaDSP Support

foosnark wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:18 pm This is gorgeous, and extremely generous
All the devs who give their work away free of charge are generous. There are some who never make a single penny on any of the good plugins they give away. They deserve a mention too.

Gorgeous? Possibly (apart from the ugly GUI) but then so are so many other delay plugins. I can't see it as anything more deserving of excitement than those.

However, my gratitude to the developer remains. It's a nice plugin for free.

perpetual3 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:57 pm NI Raum?
Not exactly free, was for a brief period.

Erisian wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:06 pm My experience with KVR is that people who have money and like to pay for their toys will never accept that free software can sound good so there is no point.
I pay for stuff, but I doubt there are any plugins I use as consistently as Sitala and Melda free suite. I hoped that you would point me out to some gems I've missed, but you don't have to if you don't wont.

Return to “Effects”