Dedalus Delay: a new plugin from Aqusmatiq Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Definitely would be good to improve authorization system to something more handy like simple serial. Especially since anyway as practice shows, this still does not helps a much (in most cases). Just extra headache for user instead.
Or at least ability to deauthorize at user side.

noiseresearch wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:14 am Just to make sure I didn't missed anything: this plugin needs an internet connection to register and to demo, right?
Not sure myself. I'm at work and was able to download the demo on my phone, but my home comp is offline. I'm sure someone will chime in-

Well, it's online. Drat.

Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:31 pm Well, it's online. Drat.
oh the irony

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:42 am I haven't been given an installation code only the serial (first line)
the whole wording is completely confusing, ...serial, ...code,....and afaik not consistent thruout.

in case you still dont´t have it running:
what usually is called a "serial", is also visible at the isotonikStudios account ;)
its like: xxxx-yyyy-zzzz-uuuu (mixed numbers ofcourse)
the other "line" is just: dedalus1 / dedalus2
you read my post ? i HAD to activate the Demo mode !......afterwards the registration worked.

Dedalus has been updated ... haven't read the changelog as yet.

Aqusmatiq Audio wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:35 am
simmo75 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:39 pm No Mix Lock.
Can you add that please?
It is on our to-do list. However, it is not that simple because in some presets the Dry/Wet parameter is modulated, and locking it would alter the effect of the preset, in other presets, for example those in the Distortion and EQ category, the parameter is placed completely on Wet, and putting it in other positions would make the sound different. We are trying to figure out what is the most effective solution.
Mix (Dry/Wet) could become sort of a “bus” routed to a final master fader?
Well, I think you’ll figure that out better than me :ud:

Love this thing. Great deal and possibilities. I wish it would expose more parameters to Ableton, however. I'd like to be able to adjust a lot more on the fly with Push 2 without setup effort. Seems a strange omission for such an Ableton focused vendor.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

This is a really nice delay (and more) plugin. Only thing I don't like is the mix control. Settings of .01 are often too wet for my needs.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:24 am This is a really nice delay (and more) plugin. Only thing I don't like is the mix control. Settings of .01 are often too wet for my needs.
Hi Morelia, thanks for the appreciation.
To lower the wet sound, you can adjust the InputGain parameter: it doesn't affect the dry signal, only the delayed one.

Aqusmatiq Audio wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:58 am
morelia wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:24 am This is a really nice delay (and more) plugin. Only thing I don't like is the mix control. Settings of .01 are often too wet for my needs.
Hi Morelia, thanks for the appreciation.
To lower the wet sound, you can adjust the InputGain parameter: it doesn't affect the dry signal, only the delayed one.
Thanks for the reply. I thought the higher input was creating more overdrive, which I liked a lot. That was my favorite thing actually. Is it possible to get this overdriven sound by lowering the input? I wasn't able to get that.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:48 am OK now I have done this but it is now saying my serial/installation code are not valid when even though I just got them
I had that happen. Copying and pasting the code into the plugin didn't work. Typing the code in all caps without hyphens didn't work. Typing the code in all caps with the hyphens did work.

Yeah I found that too in the end - thanks - what a faff!

I noticed that when copying and pasting the licence key, there was a stray space at the end. When I deleted that, it registered.

This plugin can definitely do some neat stuff, and pretty amazing at the intro price. But there are a couple of things that bug me.

1. I really wish switching from Sync to Free mode didn't also switch from "VarDelay" to two separate delay times. If you want no variation at all in delay times, it's very difficult to set both parameters exactly the same, or to dial in extremely subtle amounts of modulation. I find myself having to use DAW features to precisely type values in instead of trying to use the GUI. Switching modes should be a separate option IMHO.

2. A way to transpose the MIDI input in Pitch mode would be very welcome. I often find I don't want a synth and delay to track the same pitch. I can use Bitwig to transpose the MIDI data but it seems like the Pitch knob could have been used as a way to transpose. (And fine tuning adjustments are also useful.)

I feel like I shouldn't have to use the DAW to work around limitations of the plugin.

Return to “Effects”