Waldorf Largo 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It also seems to have the GUI size saved with the NKS patch so you can enlarge it but when you load a new patch it reverts to the standard size

fceramic wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:08 pm The browser is broken, and the new GUI is hard to read, so they made it significantly worse, which is impressive for a major update.
lmao. "really stepped on their own d1ck, wouldn't ya say?"

the worst UI update ive ever seen....lots of crummy UI's ,but this is particularly bad

And v1's GUI was so nice...

Any word on a PPG 3.V update?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

bought the update (stupidly bevore reading here / since i liked largo )
but: where can i download Largo2 ?

there is nothing.
respectivly, if i click "Largo2 upgrade" on the downlaod page in my account, it jumps to the Largo2 page.
.....thats all shit !
Thats how folks would ruin their reputation.

still: where can i download ?

Under "license keys". There is a download column on the right side.

Upgrade for €30 seems pretty good. It's a shame it's only two formant filters in terms of sound functionality.

I generally prefer this new gui, though it is a bit bright a more greyish white would be better, as would a dark scheme.

Perhaps they've ported this to a new framework that will make updates and changes simpler. Could allow new plugins to be created.

So well done Waldorf, good to see progress and setting a foundation for future work.

( Seems mainly to be an update for Apple users though at this stage )
Last edited by _leras on Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Funky40: I've already got some of their stuff. When I logged in after 'adding to cart', I was directed to a 'cloud' download site.

We are in a time where there are so many choices. So many plugins with gorgeous UI's, and some with bad ones. It isnt sensible to release a plugin with a UI that will be roasted by customers.

tq wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:52 pm Under "license keys". There is a download column on the right side.
Gotcha ! Thank you

vertibration wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:00 pm It isnt sensible to release a plugin with a UI that will be roasted by customers.

Agreed, its not.
But at least they are behind it.

I would expect to see there some updates to happen sooner or later.
at least it´s now appleSilicon ready. ( the update price is fair for me with €29)

Funky40 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:06 pm
vertibration wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:00 pm It isnt sensible to release a plugin with a UI that will be roasted by customers.

Agreed, its not.
But at least they are behind it.

I would expect to see there some updates to happen sooner or later.
at least it´s now appleSilicon ready. ( the update price is fair for me with €29)
Im not saying dont buy it, just sayin the UI is pretty rough.

It's sad Waldorf don't hire a decent UX designer, because it sounds lovely.

Creating modulations is still so annoying and stops me enjoying this synth, so I probably won't upgrade.

Why no drag and drop OR right click to assign?

C'mon Waldorf!

Never liked the sound of large at all. Does give me hope that the ppg will be getting a bigger UI soon though, which I would love to update.

Return to “Instruments”