Gear Lust: Stuff you can't afford but if you could

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tapper mike wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:38 pm
lotus2035 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:29 pm
Uncle E wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:35 am
havran wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:17 am Alesis A6 Andromeda
It’s a nightmare and not worth the trouble.
And not a guitar. :hihi:
But I never said guitar, I just said gear lust.
Ok then, I've had my eye on one of those Roland Integra-7s for a while.
Don't really need more sound sources but it seems like a nice piece of tech. :party: .

lotus2035 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:39 pm Ok then, I've had my eye on one of those Roland Integra-7s for a while.
Don't really need more sound sources but it seems like a nice piece of tech. :party: .
It's fantastic. I only sold mine because I got a JD-XA and also have a JD-990. But I still miss the Integra-7.

I still want one of those james tyler studio elites ($5k guitar) but sadly, wont be able to
afford it for a while likely.

tapper mike wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:38 pm
lotus2035 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:29 pm
Uncle E wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:35 am
havran wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:17 am Alesis A6 Andromeda
It’s a nightmare and not worth the trouble.
And not a guitar. :hihi:
But I never said guitar, I just said gear lust.
Oh, in that case, I think a Bugatti W16 Mistral counts as "gear", doesn't it? :hyper:

Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

James Tyler's are like Smuckers. With a headstock that ugly, it has to be good!

Uncle E wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:42 pm
lotus2035 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:39 pm Ok then, I've had my eye on one of those Roland Integra-7s for a while.
It's fantastic. I only sold mine because I got a JD-XA and also have a JD-990. But I still miss the Integra-7.
I've been drooling over them for over ten years, price hasn't gone down in all that time though. :hihi: Maybe some day.

lotus2035 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:03 pm I've been drooling over them for over ten years, price hasn't gone down in all that time though. :hihi: Maybe some day.
tbh, Fantom is probably the way to go at this point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsTW3NnpO7Q

Nothing here. I am fine as I am, which is good I guess. When everything you have performs its task/s very well and satisfactory, gear lust is no longer present.

I'll probably need a new mouse mat in few years. And probably a new Microsoft wired keyboard.

There's definitely stuff that I can't really justify but if money was no object I'd buy two. Cascadia is fantastic, but I need both desk space and a good reason to spend that much money on something that isn't as flexible as my modular.

Uncle E wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:42 pm
I just got one earlier this month, and let me tell you, this thing is the best! And I finally mapped all of the MIDI parameters to my controller, so Ill be able to do all of the super natural articulation switches is great!

It literally has EVERY SOUND that I could ever want. I also have a Jupiter Xm, But I love that more for the vocoder (I have vocal designer and JD-800 expansions as well), SDZ Zencore packs, and some of the SH-101 presets.

I'm always curious about modern plugins for emulating (more) modern hardware. Korg's Triton Extreme was released in 2005 and the vst was just recently released. I'd love to see that (even if it is a clone from an alternative company.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Boring answer: bigger house with dedicated studio room and good monitoring/acoustics, dedicated workshop room for DIY, repairs and guitar tinkering.

Fun answer: high-end digital eurorack modules (teletype, rossum assimil8or, Harvestman, Mungo)

A fully DIY/custom 4U system would be a great project but currently too "costly" in time and space

Relevant answer to guitars subforum: everyone needs a Martin, right? I'd like a Bassman too but again space/sound volume are the real problems.

imrae wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:14 pm Boring answer: bigger house with dedicated studio room and good monitoring/acoustics, dedicated workshop room for DIY, repairs and guitar tinkering.
Underrated

imrae wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:14 pm Boring answer: bigger house with dedicated studio room and good monitoring/acoustics, dedicated workshop room for DIY, repairs and guitar tinkering.
That's a fantasy of mine as well. When I was young my father finished the basement into a nice bar. With some rooms for my brothers and I. I could see something similar with separate rooms for drums, vocals and control room.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I thought I had already posted something like that in this thread.

Return to “Guitars”