Harmony Bloom by Mario Nieto (MIDI plugin)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Harmony Bloom

ians wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:13 pm Really like this. Does remind me of Spiral a lot, but with more control. A free running spiral would be good though. I wish the standalone could output to external hardware synths I have but I guess I could get this to work with the plug-in from a DAW like Logic or Bitwig?

Fine work
Yes indeed, although you can send from the DAW to any external device, ideally I should add this control in the Standalone version. Thanks for the idea.

MarioNietoWorld wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:46 am
ians wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:13 pm Really like this. Does remind me of Spiral a lot, but with more control. A free running spiral would be good though. I wish the standalone could output to external hardware synths I have but I guess I could get this to work with the plug-in from a DAW like Logic or Bitwig?

Fine work
Yes indeed, although you can send from the DAW to any external device, ideally I should add this control in the Standalone version. Thanks for the idea.
That would be great 👍
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

This is fantastic.

Simple to use but complex and interesting results.

It's also exceptionally beautiful to look at.

Lovely work, Mario.

kraster wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:27 pm This is fantastic.

Simple to use but complex and interesting results.

It's also exceptionally beautiful to look at.

Lovely work, Mario.

Simple but complex at the same time.
Really nice work.

ians wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:07 am
MarioNietoWorld wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:46 am

Fine work
That would be great 👍
+1 ... I prefer stand alone MIDI generators when ever possible. Alternatively using Savi-Host or Cantabile as hosts, to avoid loading a DAW. {2c}
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

MarioNietoWorld wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:08 pm hey! thanks for sharing @bmanic :)

If you have any questions or suggestions about Harmony Bloom, I will be happy to answer them.

Mario
What exactly is F. note offset in terms of the timing between notes?

Percentage or fixed amount?

Is Harmony Bloom multi-touch capable?
If yes, I wonder what crazy features can be added.
https://marionietoworld.com/
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/harmon ... ieto-world

Kalamata Kid wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:08 am Is Harmony Bloom multi-touch capable?
If yes, I wonder what crazy features can be added.
https://marionietoworld.com/
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/harmon ... ieto-world
Yes, it is, although I have only been able to test it from my iPad, I hope to publish it for IOS at some point.

kraster wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:00 am
MarioNietoWorld wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:08 pm hey! thanks for sharing @bmanic :)

If you have any questions or suggestions about Harmony Bloom, I will be happy to answer them.

Mario

Just a bit of context,:

Q.OFFSET (Quantized Offset): Sets the distance between notes in a quantized, equidistant manner. For example, if we select 3, the sequencer notes will be played at three equal intervals.

F.OFFSET (Free Offset): Allows for the free adjustment of the distance between notes. Unlike 'Quantized Offset', this control offers complete freedom to adjust the distances between notes.

In essence, F.OFFSET offers all (or almost all) possible combinations in terms of the distance between notes compared to the previous one.

I'm not sure if this answers your question...

MarioNietoWorld wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:44 pm
kraster wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:00 am

Mario

Just a bit of context,:

Q.OFFSET (Quantized Offset): Sets the distance between notes in a quantized, equidistant manner. For example, if we select 3, the sequencer notes will be played at three equal intervals.

F.OFFSET (Free Offset): Allows for the free adjustment of the distance between notes. Unlike 'Quantized Offset', this control offers complete freedom to adjust the distances between notes.

In essence, F.OFFSET offers all (or almost all) possible combinations in terms of the distance between notes compared to the previous one.

I'm not sure if this answers your question...
Thanks for replying, Mario.

Still unsure as to what the F.OFFSET represents. :neutral:

Is it time relative to tempo? Is it measured in seconds or a musical period?

Take for example the "Three Legs" preset.

If I trigger that with a single note it gives me a simple triplet pattern.

The Q.OFFSET is 3 and the F.OFFSET is .706.

If I change the host tempo it will still play a triplet. So the F.OFFSET appears to be like a relative control ie. a percentage.

What I want to know is what ".706" means in this scenario.

Sorry, I'll try to explain myself better:

F.Offset is the time distance between notes, in proportion to one turn around the circle.

F.Offset has a range from 0.0 to 1.0, a circle has 360 degrees and the time it takes for a note to make a complete turn will depend on the BPM and the Note Length.

So, in the case that F.Offset is at 0.25 and taking into account that we have Q.Offset at 1 (we don't apply Quantized Offset), this will translate to each note being 90 degrees behind the previous note.

Another example: If F.Offset is at 0.5, each note will be 180 degrees behind the previous one, dividing the notes into two points of the circle.

From 0.5 upwards, we repeat patterns until reaching 1.0, where F.Offset 1.0 is equal to 360 degrees. Each note would be 360 degrees behind the previous one, which is equivalent to all the notes being aligned.

If we apply this rule and taking into account that F.Offset has a range from 0.000 to 1 with an increment of 0.001, with F.Offset we have up to 1000 different positions / distances between notes.

Please let me know if it is clearer to you.

MarioNietoWorld wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:17 pm Sorry, I'll try to explain myself better:

F.Offset is the time distance between notes, in proportion to one turn around the circle.

F.Offset has a range from 0.0 to 1.0, a circle has 360 degrees and the time it takes for a note to make a complete turn will depend on the BPM and the Note Length.

So, in the case that F.Offset is at 0.25 and taking into account that we have Q.Offset at 1 (we don't apply Quantized Offset), this will translate to each note being 90 degrees behind the previous note.

Another example: If F.Offset is at 0.5, each note will be 180 degrees behind the previous one, dividing the notes into two points of the circle.

From 0.5 upwards, we repeat patterns until reaching 1.0, where F.Offset 1.0 is equal to 360 degrees. Each note would be 360 degrees behind the previous one, which is equivalent to all the notes being aligned.

If we apply this rule and taking into account that F.Offset has a range from 0.000 to 1 with an increment of 0.001, with F.Offset we have up to 1000 different positions / distances between notes.

Please let me know if it is clearer to you.
That's absolutely perfect, Mario.

Thanks for the in depth response.

Hey,

I've taken note of your suggestions and I'm already working on a new update that I'll publish soon. Among other things, I've added a control to manage the difference in speeds between notes, which gets us closer to the "Spiral" concept we talked about, offering variability during playback. In addition, I've also added controls to route the MIDI output from the Standalone version, another control called "probability" to adjust the likelihood of the notes playing or not...and several more improvements and additions.

Yesterday, I was doing a live show to test this new version, where I let Harmony Bloom play for about 2:30 hours. I'm considering adding something more before releasing it, so if you have any suggestions, just let me know. By the way, the live show from yesterday, in case you're curious to see the new features in action.

https://www.youtube.com/live/V1hZzC3bSB ... NHoG-vihLs

MarioNietoWorld wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:26 am Hey,

I've taken note of your suggestions and I'm already working on a new update that I'll publish soon. Among other things, I've added a control to manage the difference in speeds between notes, which gets us closer to the "Spiral" concept we talked about, offering variability during playback. In addition, I've also added controls to route the MIDI output from the Standalone version, another control called "probability" to adjust the likelihood of the notes playing or not...and several more improvements and additions.

Yesterday, I was doing a live show to test this new version, where I let Harmony Bloom play for about 2:30 hours. I'm considering adding something more before releasing it, so if you have any suggestions, just let me know. By the way, the live show from yesterday, in case you're curious to see the new features in action.

https://www.youtube.com/live/V1hZzC3bSB ... NHoG-vihLs
Midi output covers it for me, although the other features sound great also. I guess it’s about finding a balance between simplicity of use & the complexity of the results. It’s already there on both counts! It’s perfect for art installation stuff

Ian
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Return to “Instruments”