Do you love your main guitar?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!

Do you love your guitar

Yes, I love my main guitar
60%
I like it
24%
It's good enough
4%
It's only there to get me to my next guitar
No votes
It sucks
No votes
Fish
12%

Total votes: 25

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not a combo...yet!

I have faith in you, bro. Keep rep maxing + tren cycles. You'll get there.

Dont really do the love thing with instruments but I sure do like mine alot. My main and only bass for nearly 40 years is my Music Man Stingray 4. I have had many over the years nothing else ever came close including a Modulus and an Alembic.

My favorite guitar is a modified Electra Phoenix it now has 4 Lace Sensors in it. All single coil. Hot gold and purple in the neck. Hot gold and hot gold bridge in the bridge position. Great all maple neck. 2 piece solid maple body. Brass nut and heavy brass bridge. Heavy as a Les Paul and as much sustain. The over all sound is Teleish with more in between options. Bought it new in 1982. Saved up my summer cash. Its brother is a 1978 Gibson The Paul. Depending on the day that would be my favorite. I have had many over the years only one I regret selling was a USA Epi Sheraton. I would buy something similar to it in the future if I couldnt put it down. Other wise Im set for life.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:39 pm Dont really do the love thing with instruments but I sure do like mine alot. My main and only bass for nearly 40 years is my Music Man Stingray 4.
I was looking at a Stingray wiring diagram last night and saw that the pickup is wired in parallel. If it doesn't have it already, you might want to add a series/parallel switch. That would be an easy and non-invasive way to add a P-Bass sort of tone. Someone should make a Musicman pickup with 4 separate coils (2 per pair of strings), then it could literally be a P-Bass pickup.
My favorite guitar is a modified Electra Phoenix it now has 4 Lace Sensors in it. All single coil. Hot gold and purple in the neck. Hot gold and hot gold bridge in the bridge position.
So cool that you can do that with Lace Sensors. I just saw that it can also be done with some Dimarzio's, though only the rail pickups so it's still not a vintage look.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:55 pm
Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:39 pm Dont really do the love thing with instruments but I sure do like mine alot. My main and only bass for nearly 40 years is my Music Man Stingray 4.
I was looking at a Stingray wiring diagram last night and saw that the pickup is wired in parallel. If it doesn't have it already, you might want to add a series/parallel switch. That would be an easy and non-invasive way to add a P-Bass sort of tone. Someone should make a Musicman pickup with 4 separate coils (2 per pair of strings), then it could literally be a P-Bass pickup.
My favorite guitar is a modified Electra Phoenix it now has 4 Lace Sensors in it. All single coil. Hot gold and purple in the neck. Hot gold and hot gold bridge in the bridge position.
So cool that you can do that with Lace Sensors. I just saw that it can also be done with some Dimarzio's, though only the rail pickups so it's still not a vintage look.
Howdy Uncle E
Yeah I modded mine years ago. It is now passive with a single tone. I use a push pull volume to give me a single coil. And a push pull on the unused pot for series parallel. Really cool set up. The single slaps real well and the series gives a thick low end boost. Other wise parrallel is a good all arounder.

The Lace set up is awesome I have 8 options. 5 really usable and others that are meh.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Now you've got me browsing through quad rail humbuckers. A good way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Bombadil wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:34 pm

IMG_1551.jpeg
You also enjoy reading.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:09 pm
Uncle E wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:55 pm
Howdy Uncle E
Yeah I modded mine years ago. It is now passive with a single tone. I use a push pull volume to give me a single coil. And a push pull on the unused pot for series parallel. Really cool set up. The single slaps real well and the series gives a thick low end boost. Other wise parrallel is a good all arounder.

The Lace set up is awesome I have 8 options. 5 really usable and others that are meh.
My (modified)Modern Player Tele has 19 positions now
When I started planning it all I really wanted was to add a straight forward single coil bridge + Neck position with a medium output level. The original pups were dogs.

The hot rails gives me four on the bridge and I have a always on switch routed to the bridge. It had a 5 position HSS strat wiring and the only sound I liked was position 2. Position 2 is my least liked position now. It's lost the classic strat tone but gained a lot more. Rail + Neck does me just fine for classic middle position tone.

As for parallel/series It's okay not great. You can get better variation and tone by swapping the tone capacitor and installing a treble bleed on your volume.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I still think I need another strat in my life. PRS Silver Sky really sells me more than any others.

Researching a multi-pickup setup like Scrubbing Monkeys described took me to this thread:

https://www.strat-talk.com/threads/dima ... ew.501107/

Post #9 makes an interesting point about getting cheap import rail pickups and running them in parallel.

I have loved one of my guitars - which I sold long long ago - a Gibson 355 from about 1980. Was a wonderful guitar. I only have two guitars now and of those my 87 G&L Skyhawk iplays beautifully, sounds great, was from the last lot of guitars Leo Fender was personally involved in making and is fairly loveable.
I am mainly keeping it in case my grandson wants to play

So this came up on my YT feed and I thought I'd share it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frmrihPaetM

I can’t get over the headstock.

The Silver Sky is pretty nice, think Id still rather save up for a Suhr myself.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:21 am I can’t get over the headstock.

Yeah it's a thing. After the Valley Arts Samick thing fell apart Samick reached out to Greg Bennet.
His headstock was similar to PRS and they put it on the fastback (which I still own and is an LP type)
The FA (Tele style) and Malibu (strat)Image

Return to “Guitars”