Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Default now for soundsets is Wusik Engine Data\Shared\SoundSets\ (that structure will appear after installing either the 16 gig thing or the WIN_Wusik_Shared_Files__NoSounds.
I put the AOS folder etc in there.

Thank you Goldglob. Will install some soundsets there and see what happens. Still have to load the latest EVE dll in Sonar and see if the same problem exists and revisit win 7.
Best, John K

Same problem after baiting the folder with AOS soundsets. Sonar also loads 32 bit but not 64 bit. My problem has to be in using the full soundset installer to get it to work.
Now off to the win 7 rig to see if I can beat it into shape.
John

Guys,

Win 7 retries give the same dump. Looks like it is off to the frigid northern wasteland to the last distant outpost of civilization, in search of the rumored public library to download the big installer (Lincoln City 13 miles away)

Could someone please do me a favor to test the need of the GB installer. Fresh install of everything but without the GB soundset installer. Does 64 bit dll for vsti2 and both vsti3 dlls crash the DAWS. If so, some housekeeping may be needed.

Will work with 32 bit vsti2 since it works well in Reaper 32 bit app. I am assuming the other crashes are something abominable I am doing here on the local systems and no need to waste time trying to chase down. If it works consistently for others, this is all that matters.

Best,
John K

goldglob wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:54 pm Default now for soundsets is Wusik Engine Data\Shared\SoundSets\ (that structure will appear after installing either the 16 gig thing or the WIN_Wusik_Shared_Files__NoSounds.
It's not just that. Wusik EVE V5 also goes inside the Wusik Engine DATA now (before it was outside). That's probably what's causing your issues.

The folder structure now is as follows:

1. There is ONLY ONE folder, called Wusik Engine DAT.
2. Inside this folder there will be a folder called Shared, and a folder for each of the instruments (Wusik EVE, WusikStation, etc. - only EVE is working inside this folder for the time being).
3. Inside the Shared folder there will be a folder for the Soundsets, a folder for VST Effects 32, a folder for VST Effects 64, a folder for TUN files, a folder for Effects Presets, a folder for Custom Filters and folder for Custom Effects.
4. Inside each instrument folder there will only be the custom filters that only exist for each instrument, the Presets, The Skins, and some configuration folders that belong to that particular instrument.

The folder structure is drastically changed now. It's not just the Soundsets that changed place - almost everything did. That's why I strongly advise you to clean everything and use the new Wusaik Engine installer to start from scratch. Until you do that, you will probably not solve your problems. Actually, that's why all the installations, even on new computers, are failing - because the new instrument doesn't find the folder structure it is expecting.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:30 am
goldglob wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:54 pm Default now for soundsets is Wusik Engine Data\Shared\SoundSets\ (that structure will appear after installing either the 16 gig thing or the WIN_Wusik_Shared_Files__NoSounds.
It's not just that. Wusik EVE V5 also goes inside the Wusik Engine DATA now (before it was outside). That's probably what's causing your issues.

The folder structure now is as follows:

1. There is ONLY ONE folder, called Wusik Engine DAT.
2. Inside this folder there will be a folder called Shared, and a folder for each of the instruments (Wusik EVE, WusikStation, etc. - only EVE is working inside this folder for the time being).
3. Inside the Shared folder there will be a folder for the Soundsets, a folder for VST Effects 32, a folder for VST Effects 64, a folder for TUN files, a folder for Effects Presets, a folder for Custom Filters and folder for Custom Effects.
4. Inside each instrument folder there will only be the custom filters that only exist for each instrument, the Presets, The Skins, and some configuration folders that belong to that particular instrument.

The folder structure is drastically changed now. It's not just the Soundsets that changed place - almost everything did. That's why I strongly advise you to clean everything and use the new Wusaik Engine installer to start from scratch. Until you do that, you will probably not solve your problems. Actually, that's why all the installations, even on new computers, are failing - because the new instrument doesn't find the folder structure it is expecting.
Yep, that's how I understand it. The 'structure' I mentioned was just in relation to the question about soundsets...perhaps path would have been a better term.

Cakreshvara wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:04 am Guys,

Win 7 retries give the same dump. Looks like it is off to the frigid northern wasteland to the last distant outpost of civilization, in search of the rumored public library to download the big installer (Lincoln City 13 miles away)

Could someone please do me a favor to test the need of the GB installer. Fresh install of everything but without the GB soundset installer. Does 64 bit dll for vsti2 and both vsti3 dlls crash the DAWS. If so, some housekeeping may be needed.

Will work with 32 bit vsti2 since it works well in Reaper 32 bit app. I am assuming the other crashes are something abominable I am doing here on the local systems and no need to waste time trying to chase down. If it works consistently for others, this is all that matters.

Best,
John K
OK, it's getting interesting...up till now I've just been using VST2 64 (no problem).
Just tested the others, all in REAPER 64. Using the latest Engine and latest No Sounds thing (but with some sounds put there).
Summary:
VST2 64 works
VST2 32 works (bridging fine)
VST3 64 works
VST3 32 is blacklisted
Yes, all paths set in REAPER and clear cache/re scan.
I'm going out for the day now....back onto this later.
I'll try the 16 Gig thing later.
Last edited by goldglob on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mistake editing..ignore
Last edited by goldglob on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mistake editing....ignore this

Thanks again for the advice. I got to keep reports to a dull minimum until I have installed "The Big One" since this has got to be the cause of the blacklist. These are the entries from the vst ini files:

Wusik_EVE_V5_32.dll=DC5387C4197AD401,1851928695,Wusik EVE V5 (Wusik Dot Com)!!!VSTi
VST3Wusik_EVE_V5_32.vst3=95D57EC8A37AD401
VST3Wusik_EVE_V5_64.vst3=BEF13FC8A37AD401
Wusik_EVE_V5_64.dll=3CADDEC8A37AD401

Only the vst2 32 bit is recognized.

Just a note on these Reaper ini files. You can do a shortcut to clear cache and rescan by just deleting the entry that has no comma followed by a name. Save the file and then Reaper will rescan fresh on restart. Also useful to find what the name of a plugin is when the plug is called something different from the dll. Can also edit the name here (with some caution)

Cheers, John K

Hey guys, I don't know yet why VST3 32 bits is not working, I will figure something out later next week. For now I replaced all files with new versions. The 32 bits versions are using the latest JUCE framework, and the 64 bits are still using the one I had (a bit older). I also updated all installers with the latest JUCE version. Maybe that helps out. Keep in mind that the installer is 64 bits only, I don't support a windows 32 bits version for the installer.

Cheers, WilliamK

William must be working from his hideout. New files are posted.
These did not correct my crashes, but new downloads.
This likely has nothing to do with EVE, but am curious if the 32 bit to 64 bit bridge in Reaper 64 displays the same cutoff right GUI. 32 bit bridges, as Goldglob reported. The bridged dll here cuts off the GUI from the third slot volume slider and anything to the right.

The failed dlls in win 7 give as well an error message about a missing dll I'll try to find again and report. Again likely a system deficiency more than something missing in EVE. Another piece of the puzzle though.

(edit..) Thanks William. You beat me to the post

John K

Hi William, damn, I'm half way through the big 16 download started 2 hours ago. You see, although I already have the big sound collection (from Wusik Station 9) and have been just using the No Sounds folder as a starting point, the problems have led us to wonder whether the Data folder setup might be different in the Big download to that in the No Sounds. Can you confirm that the latest No Sounds install is exactly the same (in terms of necessary files and folder structure) as that achieved with the Big download? If I could be sure of that I won't need to start a new Big 16. I guess what I could do now is just cancel the Big download, then download your very latest (Nov 12) No Sounds and Engine and see if everything works.

John K, my 32 bit VST2 (bridged) doesn't cut off the GUI. (I'm talking about the penultimate version). I'm about to download the very recent stuff (nov 12) and test again...hang on.
Last edited by goldglob on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ahh, no need for the big 16gig file.

Return to “Instruments”