Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

kmonkey wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:06 pm
Lbdunequest wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 3:26 pm But virus might have higher internal rate that downsamples. That would explain why virus ti sounds just better, more hi-fi.
No, it might not. You do realize he (Adam) can measure that tight? And it does not explain it. Because the same patch sounds the same. If you talk about difference in Virus hardware converter that does not have anything with upsampling/downsampling.
The final output from Virus Ti and Viper does sound different tonaly despite being the same sound. And im not listening on some shity KRK studio monitors but on a proper monitor in a studio. Ears do not lie. Its the same with virus c emulator vs viper. It has the same sound but sounds different. Its like comparing Roland Jupiter to shity old version of Arturia's Jupiter sound is the same but doesnt have that quality.

Im sorry Adam you cannot hear that. Change to a proper monitoring equipment to hear it.

Viper sounds great to me. And if you need an expensive monitoring setup to hear the difference I'd say it's a pretty good emulation as well (and your listeners are unlikely to notice!). Keep up the good work :D
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Lbdunequest wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:30 pm Im sorry Adam you cannot hear that. Change to a proper monitoring equipment to hear it.
I never said you cannot hear it? Did I ever say it sounds 100% like the Virus? Please show me that quote because I cannot find it. I dont get these attacks that are for no reason. If you dont like the sound of Viper it what are you doing here?

You are doing the wrong comparison. The Virus and the DSP emulation sound identical because guess why? The Virus code is written by Access themselves, and the DSP emulator loads the same code that Access wrote. I on the other had had to come up with my own codes blindfolded. Access didnt hand me their code on a silver plate, and I obviously didnt go hack the microchips in the Virus. I had to figure out everything for myself. My code is not the same as the as Access wrote, so it will sound different, but even though its different its the only VST that sounds even close. This is the reason I made this video to shut down silly arguments like this, and I will post it a 100 times over if needed. Now if you think these sound THAT different then I guess you need to get new monitors?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYAKP0FLvmA
Last edited by adamszabo on Fri May 05, 2023 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

The problem is Viper doesn't have that analog depth and gooeyness that hardware has :roll:

Greenstorm33 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:25 pm The problem is Viper doesn't have that analog depth and gooeyness that hardware has :roll:
Virus has 0 analog depth, because its a digital synth in a metal box you know that right?

adamtrance wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:27 pm
Greenstorm33 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:25 pm The problem is Viper doesn't have that analog depth and gooeyness that hardware has :roll:
Virus has 0 analog depth, because its a digital synth in a metal box you know that right?
i think it was sarcasm towards the other guy.
given greenstorms previous post.

adamtrance wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:27 pm
Yes that was the joke :D I tried to make it clear with the eye roll but I guess I failed

Greenstorm33 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:36 pm Yes that was the joke :D I tried to make it clear with the eye roll but I guess I failed
Oops, missed that :lol:

Ok, Adam :)

So excited about that grain tables. Any tentative eta?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:48 pm So excited about that grain tables. Any tentative eta?
Yes, the plan is the middle of May sometime ;)

Yaaaaaaay :party:
Well, Viper is one few things I keep tracking on kvr, so yaaaaaay :phones:
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

If this turns out as good as I think I might just sell my Virus TI, haha.

Anyone wanna buy :D
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:39 pm If this turns out as good as I think I might just sell my Virus TI, haha.
sell now
Touch The Universe wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 5:39 pm Anyone wanna buy :D
give money :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Lbdunequest wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:30 pm The final output from Virus Ti and Viper does sound different tonaly despite being the same sound. And im not listening on some shity KRK studio monitors but on a proper monitor in a studio. Ears do not lie. Its the same with virus c emulator vs viper. It has the same sound but sounds different.
Even when you do audio over USB on the Virus and output on your computer? There should be no difference with the emulator, as far as I'm concerned.

Return to “Instruments”