UVI Plate

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plate

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:42 am Awesome! Very nice you guys trying to make it perfect. I wish other vendors would check their plugins for denormals... :? I guess you did this for Falcon already?

Edit: Maybe it is useful to add an option to disable multicore usage, too? Since maybe a plugin multicore usage could collide with some DAW's multicore attempts, e.g. freeing one core for the GUI?
Well is this case, the problem was causing major crackle in long tails on Logic X, for me at least. But I pressed forward and they fixed it, it seems. yey! :phones:

I thought I read on here (somewhere in the last 23 pages) the requirement for the AVX instruction set was removed...or something along those lines. Is that correct? In the manual it says that it's required.

Examigan wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:19 pm I thought I read on here (somewhere in the last 23 pages) the requirement for the AVX instruction set was removed...or something along those lines. Is that correct? In the manual it says that it's required.
otristan wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:41 pm Plate 1.0.2 is online

- Fix display issue in Mono > Stereo configuration
- Fix VST crash when unloading plugin in Renoise
- Allow SSE backend on older CPUs that don't have SSE4.2
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I confirm it works without avx extension , i have older i7 without avx and plate works well

I believe you also require an OS that supports AVX to utilise AVX instructions, for Windows: Win7 SP1 and newer

AVX is not mandatory but is very welcomed.
Older mac pro Intel Xeon don't have it but still perform quite ok because of their processing power but besides this config, without AVX, it hurts badly.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

I can't seem to hear the difference when I adjust the Anisotropy (copied from manual: Introduces small defects in the metal (0~1%) resulting in slight, variable detuning of the modes).

Maybe it depends on certain other settings I haven't used yet. :? Is there a particular way I can use it where it would make more of a difference? I'd just like to know the best way to use that setting.

If you tighten the plate stiffness a lot you should be able to hear the effect quite clearly.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:29 pm If you tighten the plate stiffness a lot you should be able to hear the effect quite clearly.
Thanks, I will try that today.

By the way, I love this reverb. It has an awesome sound. :)

I found a preset called Base 240 that does show a difference when changing the Anisotropy when the Tension is turned up, so now I have a better understanding of what it's doing and what to listen for in the future.

is UVI Plate on sale anywhere?
cheers

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:15 am Sweetwater have it for $69

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... rb-plug-in
cheaper than the intro price I think

do i need to enter a special code? it says $129.00

This thread is usual KVR nonsense. Bitchin and flaming.

However UVI Plate is seriously impressive reverb. No doubt about that. And price is right.

Keep up the good work UVI

Return to “Effects”