Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
REAPER

Trancit wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:20 am
TheMaestro wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:07 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:32 pm
TheMaestro wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:27 pm Yeah.
It also says you can copy the license to the clipboard and Reaper will recognize it at startup.
Should it be a concern that Reaper reads your clipboard?
I thought you hate stupidity. What's with the stupid question then?
If you think it’s stupid, then I’m onto something.
What do you think the clipboard is for if not being read by programms??
A DAW doesn’t need to read my clipboard at startup.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

If it wants to comfort the user by pasting the serial easily, it does.

What do you think the program is doing with your clipboard content? Send it to Justin Frankel so that he can forge out evil plans to take over the planet?

I installed v.6 last night, is this still beta? It certainly looks like a WIP as what comes to the GUI.

.jon wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:44 pm I installed v.6 last night, is this still beta? It certainly looks like a WIP as what comes to the GUI.
You know you can change the GUI to whatever pleases you, right? :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

Not sure why you always have to be so "passive" aggressive.

Especially as .jon isn't a friggin' idiot.

chk071 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:41 am If it wants to comfort the user by pasting the serial easily, it does.

What do you think the program is doing with your clipboard content? Send it to Justin Frankel so that he can forge out evil plans to take over the planet?
Sure. Dumb things down if it helps you.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

In Reaper can one select multiple sections of MIDI and select all to quantize/delete/adjust a MIDI note?

smd12 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:37 pm In Reaper can one select multiple sections of MIDI and select all to quantize/delete/adjust a MIDI note?
Do you mean multiple notes within a midi clip/item?

TheMaestro wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:58 pm
smd12 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:37 pm In Reaper can one select multiple sections of MIDI and select all to quantize/delete/adjust a MIDI note?
Do you mean multiple notes within a midi clip/item?
No. I mean if you have multiple MIDI items and if you click on the ones you want to select them open them then highlight the notes you want to change can that be done? When I used Cubase back in the day I could do it. I still haven't figured it out in Reaper

fmr wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:19 pm
.jon wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:44 pm I installed v.6 last night, is this still beta? It certainly looks like a WIP as what comes to the GUI.
Yes, I do know that Reaper allows you to focus on tinkering with it instead of making music, but usually commercial software comes with a finished UI. Disappointed they couldn't fix the UI even in version 6.

.jon wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:44 am
Yes, I do know that Reaper allows you to focus on tinkering with it instead of making music, but usually commercial software comes with a finished UI. Disappointed they couldn't fix the UI even in version 6.
I wonder if listeners will hear the difference between a finished or unfinished UI ?
Reaper is 15 Mo and basic UI is what makes it so efficient.
Better have a basic UI wih a fresh code than an appeling UI with an obsolete code (Logic pro for example).

dupont wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:05 am I wonder if listeners will hear the difference between a finished or unfinished UI ?
They must do, forever bleating about it...

dupont wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:05 am
.jon wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:44 am
I wonder if listeners will hear the difference between a finished or unfinished UI ?
I don't think that that's what it's about for most. Music making has gotta be fun. It shouldn't get in your way. A unifnished UI isn't fun, and it gets in your way. For me. YMMV.

chk071 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:07 am I don't think that that's what it's about for most. Music making has gotta be fun. It shouldn't get in your way. A unifnished UI isn't fun, and it gets in your way. For me. YMMV.
If you don't like the GUI, change it? What's so difficult about that? I have like half a dozen themes I like. When I'm in the mood for that, I simply change the theme, and use a new one. When I'm tired, I change it again.

What's unfinished in the current v6 theme, anyway? It looks better to me than some others (Live or Waveform, for example).
Fernando (FMR)

I find Reaper UI is better than live one.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”