Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

The blue stripes are ludicrous.

bbtr wrote:The blue stripes are ludicrous.
Have you never seen any Oberheim Hardware?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Regardless!

What would you like it to look like?

bbtr wrote:The blue stripes are ludicrous.
Well , I like the look of Oberheim OB-Xa. And I can´t reproduce that look without dem sexy stripes.

andony wrote:I just made a skin for myself and I want to share it.
Untitled.jpg
It took me ages to find the right pixel gap between those lines becouse some GUI elements are misaligned. I hope this will be solved in future updates.
Anyway I like the final result. I call it "Retrowave"
Enjoy.

Download : https://www.kvraudio.com/product/ob-xd- ... /downloads
Layzer created a similar skin a couple of years back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:tu: All is good

DrewDale wrote: Layzer created a similar skin a couple of years back.
Layzer created a complete collection of skins, all excellent. It included all Oberheim flavors, and several other ones.

Unfortunately, he seems to have lost interest in the synth, and never updated them to the new version. :(
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
DrewDale wrote: Layzer created a similar skin a couple of years back.
Layzer created a complete collection of skins, all excellent. It included all Oberheim flavors, and several other ones.

Unfortunately, he seems to have lost interest in the synth, and never updated them to the new version. :(
I agree, all excellent skins, I still have all the flavours he created for the previous version too.
:tu: All is good

Are there any 8 Voice inspired skins ?
That is my favorite Oberheim look.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:Are there any 8 Voice inspired skins ?
That is my favorite Oberheim look.
The 8-voice is nothing more than eight SEMs. There is a skin inspired in the looks of the SEM, included in that Layzer pack I referred.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:There is a skin inspired in the looks of the SEM, included in that Layzer pack I referred.
Nice. :)
THX
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

I posted it on Sep 30, 2017:
dapupra wrote:I FINALLY DID IT! :party:
After more than half and a year I finally was able to apply the skin I made for the OB-Xd.

What I was looking for was a look very similar to OB-Xa, so after seeing many pictures I used this shade of blue for the horizontal lines... The hardest thing was to make the separations between the lines good for labelling inside it and also for coinciding with the buttons and knobs ('cause I can't move them).
Also, I make all panels separations the same width to make it look clear, and tried to make buttons and knobs more similar to the ones on the hardware synth.

For the Legato-Voices screen I decided to make it look to the nearest machine that have a screen, so I used the style of the DMX, also trying to make all letters segments coincide in assigned places like in a real screen.

I changed some label names (a mix from the VST and the hardware version), but after adding the wood side panels and some shadows to have a 3D effect, I just can't add some texture to the back panel for the limitations in the png dimensions.

I can say that for me is a very good experience playing some sounds using this skin, and I hope it can inspire other people too.

You can download it here: https://archive.org/download/OBXdV1.1OB ... a_skin.dll

i tried using this in Maschine last night & couldn't get it to load sounds. if i click up in the left corner, it will allow me to load a bank, but then i can't find out how to scroll through presets in the bank. so essentially, only the 1st sound in a bank is accessible. am i doing something wrong?
my newest sounds:
https://soundcloud.com/the-das-kaput

Cakewalk by BandLab, Komplete 13, Maschine 2 (MKI & Jam), Fathom Synth, Guitars, Jam Origin MIDI Guitar, EXH Superego+ etc

OB-Xd is a bit different. You can select the bank from the OB-Xd GUI with the right-click menu, and then choosing a bank.

Don't know about Maschine, but in general selecting patches in the OB-Xd loaded bank is done by using the tools provided by your plugin host or DAW, rather than the native synth GUI.

Check the DAW documentation for details, but patch selection is usually found somewhere in the host device properties view, host plugin window dialogue, or track inspector, etc.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”