v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Oh, then I messed up something. I know I changed how the default size is set for phrase generators. I'll fix this shortly.
Thanks for reporting it!
Attila

edit: never mind, thought I found a bug, but, didn't...

While working in the Idea tool with melody editor phrases:

-if I stretch a 4 measure melody to 8 measures in the Idea tool

-then open the stretched melody in the melody editor the melody editor will not properly reflect the eight measure stretch I performed in the idea tool.

Is there a different workflow for this ?

I also have a video but do not know how to upload it ?

Also Linking the Composition, Phrase, and Melody windows would be great a workflow enhancer along with the chord/relative top track found in the composition window

Hello everybody ! Someone can tell me how to make the preview of the drum phrase in the Phrase Browser play drum sounds, but not the piano. Thanks !

Hi lulukom,

If I understand your question, you would need to change the Preview Instrument (Settings, Preview tab) to a drum instrument. Of course, this would only work correctly for drum/percussion phrases, where you would need to change it back for anything tonal.

Maybe this could be something to request as a feature, to be able to assign different Preview Instrument to drum phrases, instead of it being universal.

Hope that is what you were looking for,
Forrest

Thank you forrestlong !
I also think that it would be correct to assign different instruments to the phrase preview .. Or at least to folders with phrases .. or at least to drum and all the rest!

Hi Attila,

I'm having just way tooooo much fun with the new Melody Editor! :party:

One thing I notice is that when I transfer the melody to the MIDI Import tab, it does not retain the key. I'm assuming that Midi Import is performing its own analysis still. This is probably fine for major and minor keys, but not for more exotic keys. For instance, if I use D Scottish Hexatonic in the Melody Editor, MIDI Import interprets this as G Major (Scale Detection is set to All Scales). I can, of course, manual change this, but it would be a nice option to carry the actual key over.

One more request for this workflow would be an option to be able to then Import the phrases into the Composition window as Absolute Notes. It's not a problem to convert these after import, though it would be a nice feature.

Thanks again!
Forrest

+1
+1

I am getting a consistent crash in the melody editor.. I'll have to keep trying to re-produce it to be sure.. may take another day to report it..

Hi BluGenes, It's been stable for me, no crashes. Hope you get to the bottom of it.

BR
Forrest

Hi Attila,

Another idea for the ME: it would be good if we had a bit more options for the melody and rhythm. would it be possible to have a pattern library that we could build up? I would not envision it the same as the Phrases and Rhythms browser, just motifs. Or, something like rhythmic motifs and melodic contours.

Also, I would not be in favor of adding harmony to this, it now occupies a unique space for composers wanting to start with the melody, and then apply harmony. RC composer already excels at harmony, I fear it would only dilute this new module. just my opinion.

Thanks and best regards,
Forrest

RapidComposer 3.9b9 is available!

Improvements:
  • Modern rhythm added to the Melody Editor
  • Splitting a motive is possible, e.g. after dropping a MIDI file on the Melody Editor. This is useful if you want to regenerate parts of the MIDI file
  • Join sections menu item added
  • 'Duplicate Melody' menu item added
  • Fixed issues with undo/redo in the Melody Editor
  • Fixed: the chord generator is obeying the size set in the phrase browser
  • Fixed a crash in the melody editor when mutating rest sections
  • The small '+' icon for adding a new section did not appear when the melody editor opened. It will add a whole bar.
  • Special scales "Major/Minor Sets" restored that were previously removed
  • EDIT: saving and loading presets work

ha! you found the crash bug I was looking for.. it was in the mutations.. thanks!

Yes, dear BluGenes, and there were also other fixes that I did not mention. Stability first! I receive more feedback and more requests than I can handle, but I am happy because people like the new Melody Editor. I will make a plug-in version soon so that everybody can use it.

awesome, just found a new bug.. doesn't obey note range.. set to D4 and up, still makes notes lower than that..

Return to “MusicDevelopments”