Reason 13 Announced- Sequencer updated!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

to be honest that is disgusting , the main reason i’m done with reason ( no pun intended ) is because one of the guys there was , accusing me of selling licences to make money and banned me from selling any future licences , now if i owned a software company i would welcome people coming back again after selling a licence , because we all know that you can’t
really make money on a daw unless you got given it for free somewhere , this guy purchased two separate versions why on the hell can’t they update what version he wants that really is bad , reason has become a money grabbing company , and while i like the program , the upgrades are too much money now. the new sequencer looks nice but it’s too late for a lot of people .

I jus got braindamage from watching the video above .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Why do people hate Reason so much that they feel the need to come here and bomb the thread like that? I've never seen a mob like this with any release of any other DAW.
Last edited by spacepluk on Wed May 29, 2024 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spacepluk wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:23 pm Why do people hate Reason so much that they feel the need to came here and bomb the thread like that? I've never seen a mob like this with any release of any other DAW.
It's probably pretty difficult to remain objective when you're a diehard fanboy. I own this software and know it really well, through all the changes. I believe being critical and pointing out it's flaws is how you improve something.

I'm also critical of Studio One, another DAW that I currently use and have posted several times about it's weak updates and nudging people into subscriptions. Hopefully with enough people they will begin to realize the problems and future impact.

Just a guy stating his opinion...

spacepluk wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:23 pm Why do people hate Reason so much that they feel the need to came here and bomb the thread like that? I've never seen a mob like this with any release of any other DAW.
You’re right, let’s see what’s happening on the ReasonTalk forum :D

IMG_2122.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maybe I am a hardcore fanboy after all and I’m overwhelmed by the massive amount of thoughtful objective criticism.

spacepluk wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:23 pm Why do people hate Reason so much that they feel the need to come here and bomb the thread like that? I've never seen a mob like this with any release of any other DAW.
Sign of the times, it's pathetic...

eerie_audio wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:43 pm
...I'm also critical of Studio One, another DAW that I currently use and have posted several times about it's weak updates and nudging people into subscriptions...
That just about sums up why I never bothered with Studio One after v2.5. Whatever. I'm a Logic user first & foremost, I bought Studio One because I liked it's workflow and flexible quantization options, but didn't like it enough to deal with the big head Presonus grew (as a company, IMHO) around 2015 once they were having big success with their digital mixers, Faderports and other gear.

Some (not all) software companies are, to me, like friends from college. You hit 30 or 40 and usually think back like "why the hell did I hang out with that guy?" But if and when nostalgia gets the best of you, just pull 'em up in a Virtual Machine. :hihi:
Last edited by 5-Pin DIN on Wed May 29, 2024 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sync Licensing Producer | Synth & MIDI Programmer | Piano, Guitar & Music Production Instructor
Pro Tools, Live, VE7 Pro | EastWest, Spitfire, Cinesamples... | Roland, Korg, Ensoniq hardware | Nuances and other MIDI Controllers

eerie_audio wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 5:43 pm
...I'm also critical of Studio One, another DAW that I currently use and have posted several times about it's weak updates and nudging people into subscriptions...
Since this is a Reason thread, I should probably also state that I grew tired and cranky with Propellerheads as an entity a long time ago. I still have a use for Recycle and rx2 files, but don't think it's seen an update in my son's lifetime, so I use Geist by FXpansion instead. I never really fell in with Reason's workflow either, although I must say the ReGroove Mixer is brilliant. And it pissed me off when they started "Reasonizing" (for lack of a better term) third-party plugins I already owned at a premium price.

My ancient copy of Reason 5 is still active (and YES. I PAID FOR IT, DON'T EVEN... :evil: 8) ). But again, it's relegated to a virtual machine and I only ever use it when I remember it's there - that happens less & less frequently as the years go by.
Sync Licensing Producer | Synth & MIDI Programmer | Piano, Guitar & Music Production Instructor
Pro Tools, Live, VE7 Pro | EastWest, Spitfire, Cinesamples... | Roland, Korg, Ensoniq hardware | Nuances and other MIDI Controllers

Long time Reason user, since version 2. Made my way back to Cubase until Reason got RE's, and then eventually audio. Dipped in and out of Live, Cubase and Logic since. Still doing 90% of my work in Reason (both personal and sync/production music). I'm happy that Reason as a DAW is still a thing. There was a lot of doom-posting about them abandoning it entirely and focusing solely on RRP. So glad to see that's not the case.

The new browser is definitely welcome - there's a tonne of stuff in the FSB that I just never use because I don't know it's there. So from a creative/inspiration standpoint I think this'll be good. Very sad favourites lists for devices are gone though; I'm gonna have to save Init patches for every device (not all allow you to save) and VSTs if I want that functionality back. Bizarre omission.

In terms of actual functionality and sequencer features, I'll admit I was hoping for more. I'm hoping that, much like the big graphical overhaul, it's a case of doing stuff they've needed to do for a long time before building and expanding upon it. Rather than this being it for the next 2, 3, 4 versions. There's a lot of low hanging fruit IMO still;

- Hear notes when nudging/selecting with arrows
- Hear long notes when played from any point in the note (note chase)
- Options for auto syncing device/track order across all three views when re-ordering
- Custom keyboard shortcuts, or at least more available hardcoded ones (for things like bouncing)

Bigger features;

- Create device from sample (for quickly loading into NN-XT/19, Mimic, Grain)
- Auto-save
- Tape/re-pitch time stretch mode
- Folders
- Marker track
- Global key/scale track to make sequencing with Players more feasible
- Audio pitch envelopes
- Built in controls for adjusting slice sensitivity
- Slice by grid for Mimic (or a new purpose made device to emulate Simpler's slice mode)
- Punch in record
- Proper tempo definition and audio file management within a project
- Step input in the sequencer
- Note probability in the sequencer
- Note ratcheting/repeats in the sequencer
- Cable splitting built into the socket
- VST MIDI Out
- VST in the RRP

I'd never ask for things like clip launching, or FL's piano roll (which personally I don't get the big deal about). It's more about making sure what we already have is fully developed. Rather than relying on workarounds.

Is multiple take recording for clips possible ?
You set your loop start-end markers , and with every new iteration a newly recorded clip is created (under the hood ) .
WHen finished , you can then arrange all clips in order ( at least in reaper -studio one )
In a nutshell ,it's like clicking ' ALT ( new alternative take ) but then automated .
I know reason can do comping for audio , but that's not the same thing .
Seems like a basic feature.

Wow , seems that this isn't even possible on Reason 12 :lol: (I'm on 10 )
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Thu May 30, 2024 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:03 pm Is multiple take recording for clips possible ?
You set your loop start-end markers , and with every new iteration a newly recorded clip is created (under the hood ) .
WHen finished , you can then arrange all clips in order ( at least in reaper -studio one )
In a nutshell ,it's like clicking ' ALT ( new alternative take ) but then automated .
Seems like a basic feature
Yeah agree this would be nice. But it hasn't been mentioned so it's not gonna be in this one. I think as it stands it'd mess with the lane behaviour (like you'd need lanes within lanes). I like lanes as they are being distinct sub-tracks. Something I wish other DAWs had, without the need to route plain MIDI tracks to a VST instrument track. Really useful for arranging drums, keeping details/ornaments separate from the main bassline, etc.

This is a verry basic feature when jamming in loopmode .
So the alternative is to click 'ALT' while playing ? ... :lol:
And people are amazed why some consider Reason to be toylike in certain departments ?
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:03 pm Is multiple take recording for clips possible ?
Seems like a basic feature.

Wow , seems that this isn't even possible on Reason 12 :lol: (I'm on 10 )
Was about to suggest similar.... yes this happens in audio tracks but should also happen in MIDI tracks - when loop recording, make separate tracks (and therefore clips) for each MIDI part - surely that's easy enough to do. AFAIK it doesn't do that at the moment ?
I'm a Reason lover, not a hater, but I hope they get round to making more basic features soon.
We did have a lot of free updates after 12 came out so I'm hoping they do the same after 13 (who knows)

That's easily one of the most crucial missing features in Reason (MIDI loop-recording), yet whenever I bring it up people are entirely indifferent...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”