About the next MuLab 9

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

great. looking forward to beta!

Can't wait mate!
Hope everything will be solved easily :)

we are here to help you develop the best possible Mux-Lab :clap: :love:

has beta testing M9 started? if so, i'd like to get involved

M9 update:

As messaged in the last M9 news update it was decided, eventhough M9 r&d already took a lot of time, to not postpone the Live Clip Matrix to M9.x, but to effectively include it in the M9.0 release. So the past weeks r&d was all about completing the Live Clip Matrix. That has progressed well and it's close to ready, though i'm looking forward for user input so to streamline the workflow.

Since most of the core M9 r&d is ready i started internal beta testing & bug fixing and some days ago i discovered a couple of serious issues concerning cpu usage in M9. Been working on that the past days and one cpu bottleneck has been resolved, now the other issue is about multi-core processing. I'll have to rethink the multi-core processing strategy as M9 uses a different architecture than M8. (indeed, M9 is a serious rewrite of several fundamentals of MuLab) So the next days i'll be working on a new multi-core processing strategy for M9. Hopefully that goes smoothly. When that's done i'll continue the internal beta testing so to doublecheck if M9 is ready to be shared as a beta / preview version.

Long story short: These days it's all about the last steps before M9 beta.
The M9 beta is near.

Can we get an early picture of the live clip matrix? :love:

Super excited! :D Glad to hear development is going well!
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

really excited about the update to M9! hope processing issue doesnt involve much more work for you

early pic of live clip matrix would be great

I understand your curiosity, but in fact there is nothing visually special about M9's Live Clip Matrix, it's visually & functionally much as expected, cfr other DAWs with that feature. It's a matrix at the left side of the time line, tracks = rows, scenes = columns. Each cell can be started & stopped on the fly, both via GUI and MIDI. I prefer not to share pictures / videos yet as i prefer to keep focus on r&d as long as the beta is not ready (even while it's close) and also because some things may still change. More info coming as soon as the beta is ready. Hopefully i'll quickly find a new good multi-core strategy and no big issues popup in final pre-beta testing. Thx for your interest, eager to share M9, working full speed on it.

Loosewiggbass wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:29 pm Any launch date updates? Screenshots?? It's funny, I have been using bitwig a lot lately and sometimes I wonder if they kinda copied a lot from Mulab. I 💕 Mulab!!! Just waiting for 9 suspense is killing me!!!😂
You have a solid point there, so far I was using Mux but now that I'm trying out Mulab 9 standalone Bitwig seems like a combination of Mulab's modularity and Ableton interface.

I looked in the shop, but it does not say if there will be a free update to version 9 if you buy version 8 now. Will this be the case?

Or will there be a sale before version 9 is released?

dellboy wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:30 pm I looked in the shop, but it does not say if there will be a free update to version 9 if you buy version 8 now.
The shop page does state so. Please have another look.

Return to “MUTOOLS”