Available now: Tone2 Saurus4 analog synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

Saurus just keeps getting better and better.
Thanks Markus. :)

raiderpdog wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:14 pm Saurus is underrated, I think.
Not by me!!! :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I assume what was small UI size became "HD Ready", and medium size became "Full HD".
Unfortunately, "Full HD" size means it's literally 1080p high (give or take) with keys, and doesn't really fit my Full HD :) (Without keys still looks huge. Crisp and huge)
I wish there was something like 75% for Full HD display, cause I have to swith to "HD Ready".
I didn't check, but I assume for all resolution one has to choose a smaller resolution-named size?
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

A 75% scale is possible from the technical side. However the image would be less crisp than with 100% as it needs to be down-scaled by the graphics-card.

If you use a full-HD screen you can choose one of the first 4 resolutions.

In general a full-HD screen is really tiny for music-production.
I recommend that you purchase a new screen. You can get a good WQHD screen for small money these days. If you use a laptop it's easy to connect it to the HDMI port.

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:48 am In general a full-HD screen is really tiny for music-production.
I recommend that you purchase a new screen.
Don't tell me how to live! :lol:
Always Read the Manual!

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:48 am A 75% scale is possible from the technical side. However the image would be less crisp than with 100% as it needs to be down-scaled by the graphics-card.

I recommend that you purchase a new screen. You can get a good WQHD screen for small money these days. If you use a laptop it's easy to connect it to the HDMI port.
Well, similar "mistake" was made by the Avenger guy (forgot the name), though he was really condescending about that.
I think it's early to force music producers to go for screens bigger than Full HD, cause many professionals are tied to some non-scalable but very essential libraries. For instance the first Damage, or Chris Heins libraries, and tons and tons of other great Kontakt libs.

In this sutiation Full HD is big enough to fit most modern software, and yet tolerable to work with Kontakt and Massive 1 and you name it.
And I really think that the best synth UI size for this "golden" Full HD is smth between HD-ready and Full HD, like it's done for Icarus 2.
I don't understand why 75% can't be included in the same fashion as 66% (perhaps I don't understand some scaling problems)

I don't know how long it will be like that, but Rob Papen's Predator 3 is almost like Predator 2, but fitting in the Full HD screen :)

upd: just not to make an impression that I'm trying to pick on Marcus or Tone2, I think Saurus sounds awesomus.
That's why I'm longing for a bit more convenient UI size for me :)
Last edited by Dencheg on Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Is there a reason why this is free, while Electra is a paid one?

The Electra3 update contains a lot more new stuff: https://www.tone2.com/electra-update.html

Apart from this Saurus currently costs only €59. Doing a small paid update for €19 is not economic. After all taxes and fees for the distribution only €5 would remain for us. That's why release the update to Saurus 4.0 for free
The update to v4.0 is a major update that is available for free for all Saurus users.

New features - interface:

GUI with 20 different sizes (with and without keys).
Native support for WQHD, 4K, 5K and 8K UHD displays.
GUI can be scaled from 66% up to 300% by clicking in the lower right corner.
Smoother animations and more responisve controls.
Support for hardware-acceleration.
Ultrasharp graphics with enhanced HiDpi and Retina Display support.
Automatic detection of the ideal GUI size.
Completely rewritten GUI code.
The animations are faster and smoother.
Fine-tuned some coordinates in the interface.
Re-sizing the VST3, Standalone and Audiounit works more reliable.
Fine-tuned some colors.
Patch browser can now also be opened by clicking on 'BROWSER' or the display on the upper left.
A finger is shown when hovering over 'BROWSER' to indicate that the control is click - able.

Enhancements - sound quality:

The audio-engine now uses 64-bit precision instead of 32-bit, which results in a higher sound-quality.
Slightly enhanced sound of the automatic micro-tuning.
Enhanced sound of the Reverb.

Fixes:

Some DAWs could show VST3 version on PC with an incorrect size when Windows scaling was used.

Free demo download:
https://www.tone2.com/demo/Tone2_Saurus4_demo_PC.zip
https://www.tone2.com/demo/Tone2_Saurus4_demo_Mac.pkg

Dencheg wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:53 pm
Markus Krause wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:48 am A 75% scale is possible from the technical side. However the image would be less crisp than with 100% as it needs to be down-scaled by the graphics-card.

Well, similar "mistake" was made by the Avenger guy (forgot the name), though he was really condescending about that.
I think it's early to force music producers to go for screens biggter than Full HD, cause many professionals are tied to some non-scalable but very essential libraries. For instance the first Damage, or Chris Heins libraries, and tons and tons of other great Kontakt libs.

In this sutiation Full HD is big enough to fit most modern software, and yet tolerable to work with Kontakt and Massive 1 and you name it.
I still don't have a 4k monitor and I get along ok without one.

Examigan wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:14 pm
Dencheg wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:53 pm

I think it's early to force music producers to go for screens biggter than Full HD, cause many professionals are tied to some non-scalable but very essential libraries. For instance the first Damage, or Chris Heins libraries, and tons and tons of other great Kontakt libs.

I still don't have a 4k monitor and I get along ok without one.
I can’t imagine not having a 4k+ monitor these days so glad this update is including a huge update for hi dpi displays.

When will the update be available?

cyberheater wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:21 pm When will the update be available?
Soon I hope! Watch this space...
https://www.tone2.com/saurus-update.html
Windows 10 and too many plugins

In a few weeks.

The beta is available here:
Free demo download (Saurus 4 beta):

Will that replace or work along side the current version?

Markus Krause wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:50 pm
In a few weeks.

The beta is available here:
Free demo download (Saurus 4 beta):
Thanks.

Return to “Instruments”