Available now: Tone2 Icarus3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

ok but why would this be the last version. after that does it become abandonware? and please can we have midi export... for arp..

To answer your first question:
viewtopic.php?t=601129
rsp
sound sculptist

None of our products will be abadonware.

There are no plans for further major updates of our products. Icarus 3.0 will be the final major update.
There will be also no new Tone2 products.
Mainteance for the existing ones keeps us busy enough.

- All licenses will stay valid. We do not use a subscription system. Our licenses are not time-limited
- We can guarantee that all products will continue to work also in the future
- There will be no no risk of data loss. If you should loose your backups or loose your links we will take care of you and redeliver the products for free
- The website will stay online
- Support will continue
- There will still be new soundsets
- There will still be free minor updates. Especially for Icarus and our other synthesizers
We do not have a support forum on kvr. Please refer to our offical location: https://www.tone2.com/faq.html

Just read zvenx's link.. that is hard to read and I sympathise with all developers, including yourself and everyone else at Tone2, but as far as I know it has been a solo project so well done. I still dont know how you achieved so much. dont worry about adding that midi functionality. prioritise your health. I appreciate the response above and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours.
kind regards,
trev.

I really don't know how many times they have to say that here... they have been clear, honest, and upfront from the beginning of the current process of releases.

Waiting patiently for I3 Windows.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:17 am Limitation make human imagination to look for better solution and more interesting interconnection of available parts - digging deeper into Icarus immediately found such,which makes me dig into different direction to find how to make better sound ,to achieve interesting dynamics and to squeeze harmonics different way i used to do it with other synths ...then start to realize how powerful Icarus is ,if man think out of the box - for example fx section have just three main slots you can combine delay,reverb,phaser so on,another three are just static clip,limiter,mix which is limitation,why not 5-6 at least,then i get curious load three different reverbs, add external fx and voila ambient sound i create have no match with anything i did before,cause no other synth i have can load three reverb and to generate such atmospheric sound ,so it's about imagination and creativity to use limitation as creative tool.
As i like to say - the only limitation is your imagination :):):)

hmmm... with Omnisphere you can do that and much more than Icarus does, and it sounds, but I have to admit that Icarus 2.5 is a sonorous beast. What it would lack would be another three oscillator layer, like the two in the Korg Modwave and independent sequencer per layer like the Modwave has, and the Korg Modware is on sale for $99. Also the Icarus FXs are meh... they sound average. The 'Kaoss' function of the Korg is awesome but the Icarus filters are monumental. I have these two sound beasts and together they are a wall of sound from another planet.

JonSolo wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:42 am I really don't know how many times they have to say that here... they have been clear, honest, and upfront from the beginning of the current process of releases.

Waiting patiently for I3 Windows.

Ditto. I've been here for years, seen all the drama and shit, Markus is up there with U-He in terms of Devs of Integrity.
I'd love a new Bifilter/Filterbank with *all* of the various Tone2 synths's filters, a new Warmverb with all of the new FX but hey, the current ones work and Gladiator/Saurus are still being updated so :party: :tu:
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Chipi wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:55 am
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:17 am Limitation make human imagination to look for better solution and more interesting interconnection of available parts - digging deeper into Icarus immediately found such,which makes me dig into different direction to find how to make better sound ,to achieve interesting dynamics and to squeeze harmonics different way i used to do it with other synths ...then start to realize how powerful Icarus is ,if man think out of the box - for example fx section have just three main slots you can combine delay,reverb,phaser so on,another three are just static clip,limiter,mix which is limitation,why not 5-6 at least,then i get curious load three different reverbs, add external fx and voila ambient sound i create have no match with anything i did before,cause no other synth i have can load three reverb and to generate such atmospheric sound ,so it's about imagination and creativity to use limitation as creative tool.
As i like to say - the only limitation is your imagination :):):)

hmmm... with Omnisphere you can do that and much more than Icarus does, and it sounds, but I have to admit that Icarus 2.5 is a sonorous beast. What it would lack would be another three oscillator layer, like the two in the Korg Modwave and independent sequencer per layer like the Modwave has, and the Korg Modware is on sale for $99. Also the Icarus FXs are meh... they sound average. The 'Kaoss' function of the Korg is awesome but the Icarus filters are monumental. I have these two sound beasts and together they are a wall of sound from another planet.
Different taste for sure m8 :)
To me Icarus is like thunderous locomotive you can't stay indifferent,to you just another synth probably.
Big day tomorrow :):):)

Chipi wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:55 am Also the Icarus FXs are meh... they sound average.
This I can not at all agree with. On the contrary, the FX are absolutely fantastic and of very high quality!

They lack some ability to be controlled (some critical features missing in some of the reverbs and delays) but in pure sound quality, they are at the very top of built in effects of any synth, in my opinion. Especially the reverbs are gorgeous!

I always wished Tone2 would release the whole effect suite from all their synths as a separate plugin. Would purchase it instantly!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:56 pm
Chipi wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:55 am Also the Icarus FXs are meh... they sound average.
This I can not at all agree with. On the contrary, the FX are absolutely fantastic and of very high quality!

They lack some ability to be controlled (some critical features missing in some of the reverbs and delays) but in pure sound quality, they are at the very top of built in effects of any synth, in my opinion. Especially the reverbs are gorgeous!

I always wished Tone2 would release the whole effect suite from all their synths as a separate plugin. Would purchase it instantly!
My gripe about the delays is that the time range is too fast. I wish you have like 2/1 and even 4/1 options. Also, modulating the delays time sounds choppy when it creates nice pitch bends in Repro and Hive.

So it looks like Icarus 3 has dropped. :) :) :) :tu: :tu: :clap: :clap:

How can I reduce the size. Can I open the VST with smaller size? I can't seem to scroll to the size settings>

zeph wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:49 am So it looks like Icarus 3 has dropped. :) :) :) :tu: :tu: :clap: :clap:

How can I reduce the size. Can I open the VST with smaller size? I can't seem to scroll to the size settings>
Ok. My bad, I found the size button.

Now I don't get the "Click to activate" on startup.

How can I activate from inside the vst?

https://www.tone2.com/icarus-manual.html

Product installation (Mac)
  • Close your DAW (e.g. Logic, Cubase, FL Studio, Ableton...). Make sure that you really quit it properly!
  • Double-click on the PKG file and install Icarus3.
  • If you are on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or higher you might need to reboot your Mac. Otherwise recently installed AudioUnits might not be visible (This is a known issue with AudioUnits and affects also plugins from other developers).
  • Open your DAW.
  • Do a plugin re-scan in the DAW if it does not list Icarus. Detailed instructions on how to perform a re-scan can be found in your host's manual. Reboot the Mac if the AudioUnit plugin still can't be found.
  • Insert Icarus as a plugin.
  • Left-click on the "Click here to activate it" text.
  • Browse-to and select the key-file (Icarus3.t2k) that you have received with your order to activate the full version.
  • Restart the plugin. Note that some DAWs may require a complete restart for the plugin to function correctly (this affects especially AudioUnits). Reboot your Mac if it is still not properly unlocked.

Product installation (PC)
  • Exit your DAW (Cubase, Ableton, FL Studio, etc). Make sure that you really quit it properly!
  • Run the Icarus3 full-version installer. Please note that the demo version of Icarus3 on PC can not be unlocked. Make sure that you install the VST-plugin to the correct directory! It must be the same directoy for the plugins, which is referenced from within your DAW (e.g. C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins).
  • Open your DAW.
  • Now you can insert Icarus as a plugin.
  • If your DAW does not show Icarus run a plugin-rescan. You can find info about this in the manual of your DAW.
  • Left-click on the "Click here to activate it" text.
  • Browse-to and select the key-file (Icarus3.t2k) that you received with your order to activate the full version.
  • Restart the plugin. Note that some DAWs may require a complete restart for the plugin to function correctly.
We do not have a support forum on kvr. Please refer to our offical location: https://www.tone2.com/faq.html

Can you put a link to the full installer on the page? Currently only the demo version is available.

Return to “Instruments”