Do we still need Tuareg/Tunafish?

Yes please!
79%
Fish
21%

Total votes: 61

RELATED
PRODUCTS

spacedad wrote:no,still can't get them to install,logged in as 'owner' too.
tried win98/me compatibility too.
if anyone knows how to 'force' an install,please share.

i know bram probably doesn't want to do any more work on these but uploading them 'unpacked' with some instructions would extend there much deserved shelf-life!:)
Yep.. that's the reason why I had to leave Tunafish a looong time ago. Since Windows Vista it just didn't work anymore :(

Hmmm I tried to re-install Tu1.5 and failed. I suspect that has smth to do with SP1 installed. I can't think of anything else, as I surely installed the Tu1.5 when Bram set it free (was it the end of '10?) on this very machine and had the SP1 upgrade since.

Hmmm... I re-installed Tu1.5! Turned out I forgot to close Chrome while running setup, and as I closed it and was about to switch off an error101--couldn't allocate 871KB for temp files message popped out of nowhere, I clicked OK and had the Installshield up and running.
Maybe you should just check that virtually everything (although the antivirus was on in my case) is closed while running the setup?

thanks jazz,i'll try that.

DELETED

spacedad wrote:thanks jazz,i'll try that.
no luck.
tried switching everything off that i could see,still the same bloody message. :x

dependancy walker tells me it's a 16-bit program.
so win7 can't do 16 bit?

spacedad wrote:dependancy walker tells me it's a 16-bit program.
so win7 can't do 16 bit?
I had that message as well, but not that it somehow interrupted the install. Really weird. Mine is Win7Home as well, no bells and whistles

teah,i'm sure it's something running that's stopping it,cos on my old winXP it used to be my firewall that stopped the old installers.but i've tried turning off the firewall.
i'm not sure what could be getting in the way,i don't know this system too well,there's a view things running that i don't recognise,but i'm scared to meddle.

is there a program that can unpack these setup files?
then you could put the files where you liked.
as i'm sure most of it goes in program files.

DELETED

thanks,but i haven't had much luck so i think i might go for a virtual machine.
i saw a nice encouraging page here...
http://www.asiteaboutnothing.net/c_16bi ... ation.html
though,i think i should do a big backup first.just incase. :hihi:

there's universal extractor but I think I already tried it and it wouldn't recognise the archive format.

Just PM me spacedad and I'll send you the extracted tu 1.5 by e-mail

thanks paradiddle,i can get it off my old xp machine,but i was just looking for a way anyone else could do it really.
without out installing a virtual pc,but i think that is the best way to go.
twill be cool to have a virtual win98 onboard.:)

No prob, anyway I have it on my desktop 7zipped if anyone wants it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”