~100$... good VSTsynth to buy now .

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i prefer a not modular one...

if it can be simple it's better.
night life...
sry but i can't talk alone.

I would say Surge. But I can't get the demo to work on my machine it looks like it has'nt been updated in years.

I did contact the Dev but never got any response. So, make sure you try before you buy.

Real shame.... I would have liked to add this to my other Softies.

As OPs mentioned Helix and Madrona labs - They are both killer!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

there not a synth like sylenth1 interface but that got sin saw sqr triangle noise but also wavetables ?

all in a very simple interface

i'm very cumfurtable with it.
Last edited by yoshi303 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
night life...

Not for $100 as far as I know.

Serum is over your budget. But what about Waves Codex (if it's still at 99$)?
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:Not for $100 as far as I know.

Serum is over your budget. But what about Waves Codex (if it's still at 99$)?
i can go to 150$ ~
night life...

this is stupid : i installed codex demo, registered demo on licencer and it does not show in bitwig -.-

givin' a try to serum...
night life...

yoshi303 wrote:this is stupid : i installed codex demo, registered demo on licencer and it does not show in bitwig -.-

givin' a try to serum...
Works in my set up (S1 and Bitwig).

yoshi303 wrote:there not a synth like sylenth1 interface but that got sin saw sqr triangle noise but also wavetables ?

all in a very simple interface

i'm very cumfurtable with it.
Serum is fairly simple... but it is heavy on the cpu

You should try Zebra... The GUI is not as simple as something like Sylenth, but it is not complicated like one would expect from a semi-modular design. The grid layout makes the signal path so easy to understand and you only see the modules that are in use. So you could stick to the default configuration and it is simple.

It is relatively easy on cpu, sounds really good, and is very diverse in the range of sounds. You can get it for $150

OH LOOOOOOOOOOLLL !!!!

Thx @RobMobius....

i think i found what i was lookin for :

IT IS XFER RECORDS' Serum..

Just so easy and so awesome... simply !

:D

through, in the 20 minutes demo, i saw only wavetables... but did not found the classics SIN TRI SQR TRI.

1-where are they ? or what their name ?
2-is there a coupon for it ?
Last edited by yoshi303 on Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
night life...

btw it has only one filter ?
night life...

Try also Hybrid 3 and Z3ta+2. Oh and there is one with 8 lfo, 8 env, and 8 sequensers! Nuklear :) I have the studio one edition which is monophonic, but still great :D

That new wavetable synth coming from Waldorf might be up your alley, Nave. Seems like a pretty straight forward design with lots of wavetable possibilities.

i think we can always get further doing better...

through, i think i got found all i want in a soft synth in the Serum : okay it has not a seconf filter like my blofeld waldorf but got a multi dual filter mode i can experiment too.. (???) :)

that got good "sexy" ui... (i'm not skilled in modular systems), there is simpleness, power sound and voilà... all i need !

thanks you guyz and ladies for councelled me on this. i don't think i'll change my choice 'till i buy it (apparently there no coupons for it...)...

Codex ? i could not test it, but after the test i have read on audiofanzine, i'm sure this one (Serum) suits perfect to me :

lol, i started with basic shifts sounds, then i took randoms pads and tweaked a bit, it's really impressive !

i thibnk also as i have a "some 10-12" potatoes, i will not buy anymore food this month (or next month ? i not saw my bank account today.. but i think it's desperating..)

i mean i'll buy THIS ONE asap, because it's a "must-own". <3
night life...

yoshi303 wrote:i think we can always get further doing better...

through, i think i got found all i want in a soft synth in the Serum : okay it has not a seconf filter like my blofeld waldorf but got a multi dual filter mode i can experiment too.. (???) :)

that got good "sexy" ui... (i'm not skilled in modular systems), there is simpleness, power sound and voilà... all i need !

thanks you guyz and ladies for councelled me on this. i don't think i'll change my choice 'till i buy it (apparently there no coupons for it...)...

Codex ? i could not test it, but after the test i have read on audiofanzine, i'm sure this one (Serum) suits perfect to me :

lol, i started with basic shifts sounds, then i took randoms pads and tweaked a bit, it's really impressive !

i thibnk also as i have a "some 10-12" potatoes, i will not buy anymore food this month (or next month ? i not saw my bank account today.. but i think it's desperating..)

i mean i'll buy THIS ONE asap, because it's a "must-own". <3
Glad to help! Serum is one of the best around and it's very ez to use. And of course it sounds great too! :)

If you can go up to $150, really do try Hybrid 3 and Loom, both are great.

Personally, I think Loom is one of the most amazing sounding synths to come along in quite a while, and it's also really fun to play with. Not sure I'd be totally awesome at making some specific sound I heard in my head, but it's a complete blast to wander through presets, pick something interesting, then start messing with anything/everything. Really cool, organic, non-trivial changes happen. Big fun!

Loom is what got me interested in the AIR stuff, but I have to say, I'm also having super fun with Hybrid, which also sounds fantastic. On paper, there's nothing about it that's as new and interesting as Loom, but in practice, it Just Sounds Great, has a lot of options and control without being a manual-reading academic exercise, and is just a flat-out, great-sounding, gas.

While you're over in AIR-land, you could also check out Vacuum Pro. It's more or less a straight-up subtractive, but with some interesting wrinkles, and also sounds very cool. Definitely third in my book behind the other two, but very cool, well worth checking out, your tastes and ways of working may be different.

Don't get me wrong, Serum is also fantastic, you'll love it, but if you haven't already pulled the trigger, or come back this way again, check those out.

Return to “Instruments”