XLN RC-20 Retro Color

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RC-20 Retro Color

Sorry Zeep. I was in a crusty mood... I like all kinds of genres maybe this one was more repetitious the way it hit my ear. Regardless glad you like the tune.

zeep wrote:
Scotty wrote:Let's hope the plugin is more compelling than this demo track.
That demo track was fine and perfect for me to hear the plugin's effect. 8)
I'm glad when plugins like this are demonstrated with house, techno etc. Not the usual rock, metal, "drumbreak-plus-some-sample" and such.

just demo'ed it and i dunno....

very nice interface but, i think there isnt too much too control and it is somehow feeling limited.
then the price, this is ridiculous in my opinion.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

nordickvr wrote:
jens wrote:
nordickvr wrote: Thank you so much for sharing part of your genius.

I hate to break it to you but it's not something that automatically spreads over, so you're out of luck I'm afraid.
You are a funny.
Full of yourself as you are, why coming here to get reassure about your presumed intelligence?
Bye!
Is it trans-generational remnants of Nordic aggression that doesn't let you see the humor (from someone who shares regional ancestors with you)? :help:

Sometimes its good to laugh. :borg:

jens wrote:Yeah, Retrocolor is WAY overpriced at 80 bucks - that Goodhertz thing however - which does a tiny fraction of what Retrocolor does - looks mightily interesting at 129$...
I have to agree with this.

This does quite more than some other more expensive stuff.
dedication to flying

The cost is too high for a specialty plugin like this. It's pretty much something you'd forget about in a months time. They need to add additional fx- like they have in Addictive drums to make this more flexible and justify the price.

elxsound wrote: Is it trans-generational remnants of Nordic aggression that doesn't let you see the humor (from someone who shares regional ancestors with you)? :help:
Well, not really no.
elxsound wrote: Sometimes its good to laugh. :borg:
Couldn't desagree with this one. :ud:

pc2000 wrote:The cost is too high for a specialty plugin like this.
erm, speciality products are usually higher cost than more generically-applicable ones. its basic supply and demand.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Caine123 wrote:how is it compared to satin?

if you got speakerphone would RC-20 have any benefit?
Satin? Completely different. Both plugins has nothing in common.
rabbit in a hole

Caine123 wrote:just demo'ed it and i dunno....

very nice interface but, i think there isnt too much too control and it is somehow feeling limited.
then the price, this is ridiculous in my opinion.
The controls are a bit odd, but they are extremely flexible once you start playing around and the global amount adjustment is great along with the realtime randomization of each effect. Even with all the other stuff I have I would buy this too if the modules could be rearranged in any order. It's really easy to dial in a sound that would take twice as long in Speakerphone or Sonitex. Audio thing Vinyl strip comes closest for ease of use app, but it can't get nearly as extreme as this and lacks the tape degradation module completely.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

pc2000 wrote:The cost is too high for a specialty plugin like this. It's pretty much something you'd forget about in a months time. They need to add additional fx- like they have in Addictive drums to make this more flexible and justify the price.
Additional fx? It is already a semi-modular multi-fx plugin... and it is very flexible - you can turn this into a vintage amp, an early digital reverb, a tape-machine, a distortion stomp-box, something similar to Izotope Vinyl and what not...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

any tips how to get this sound off this plugin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwZgbZw ... c&index=19
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Have you tried working with it yet?

I think you can modify the opening preset "Vinyl 1" and swap out the noise type, to 15", increase the wow/flutter (I have wow set to 100% and flutter set to 44%), leave the distort set to "tube air" and increase wear/flutter (wear 100%/flutter 30%) and then add an EQ after the plugin to increase the highs, such as using a high shelf (as that recording is "bright").

These are just approximations, but again, I think the Vinyl 1 preset is easy to build from... or just start off with the VHS preset.

That seems like it would be incredibly doable with the plugin. The biggest trick would be having the original sounds nice and dull/ cheesy like a real analog synth. Maybe rolling off some highs on the synths then processing to get the old VHS sound then EQing to add the highs in. The tone control and and resonant high pass on RC-20 will probably get it.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I love this plugin. Easy to use, beautiful GUI and the Magnitude controller (main dry/wet) makes it easy to finde the right balance for your source material.
Corvus Neblud (never heard before): Just two tracks with a little EQ and RC-20 (VHS preset with a little tweaking) on it:
XLN Audio RC-20.mp3

tedannemann wrote:I love this plugin. Easy to use, beautiful GUI and the Magnitude controller (main dry/wet) makes it easy to finde the right balance for your source material.
Corvus Neblud (never heard before): Just two tracks with a little EQ and RC-20 (VHS preset with a little tweaking) on it:
XLN Audio RC-20.mp3
niiiiice job!
I totally agree with you on the ergonomics and practicality of this'n... I have several tools that can "get there" but this guy makes very quick work and that is nearly enough to get me to buy sooner (though I'm sure it will be in my toolbox sooner OR probably later ;P )

Return to “Effects”