Waves Scheps Omni Channel

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Scheps Omni Channel

2 words; in love

I bought it and it's pretty straight forward. It's easy to be on top of the sound shaping. The only thing I could not figure out so far is the insert slot. The only Waves plugin showing up in the list is my SSL Compressor. I can't see any other Waves plugins in the list. I would love to be able to insert my Aural Vintage Exciter but it's not in the list.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:I bought it and it's pretty straight forward. It's easy to be on top of the sound shaping. The only thing I could not figure out so far is the insert slot. The only Waves plugin showing up in the list is my SSL Compressor. I can't see any other Waves plugins in the list. I would love to be able to insert my Aural Vintage Exciter but it's not in the list.
Plexuss reported earlier, that you have to update all your Waves plugins.
Last edited by Harry_HH on Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am not in the flow with Waves atm but this seems very reasonably priced.

One question - did Waves improved their installation procedures or i still have to install crapload of their bloatware just to be able to use this single plugin? Last time when i tried to demo one of their plugin it forced me to download all kind of nonsense. I just want the plugin.

Harry_HH wrote:
ATN69 wrote:I bought it and it's pretty straight forward. It's easy to be on top of the sound shaping. The only thing I could not figure out so far is the insert slot. The only Waves plugin showing up in the list is my SSL Compressor. I can't see any other Waves plugins in the list. I would love to be able to insert my Aural Vintage Exciter but it's not in the list.
Plexuss reported earlier, that you have to update all your Waves plugins.
Yeah, I contacted Waves and got instant support. They said the same thing and after updating everything works fine.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

kmonkey wrote:I am not in the flow with Waves atm but this seems very reasonably priced.

One question - did Waves improved their installation procedures or i still have to install crapload of their bloatware just to be able to use this single plugin? Last time when i tried to demo one of their plugin it forced me to download all kind of nonsense. I just want the plugin.
Waves has used plugins shells always. You have to install the Waves Central = installer, first, the you can install only that one plugin shell. If this is considered as a crap, you have to install "download all kind of nonsense" first.

As it has been said before, you need to have the latest version of Waves Central installed to use your other Waves plugins inside Omni.

I got this last night and spent a little time testing it out. My thoughts are... It's a very good plugin, though not anything "game changing". I am really starting to appreciate having plugins that perform multiple functions in one easy to use interface. I like the combination of the included tools and it sounds great to me. I also like the ability to use my other Waves plugins in a "slot" if the is something that I want to add to the strip that is not already there. The interface is very well thought out and I like the way you can maximize the individual slots. Having multiple "flavors" to each of the tools is also very nice. As always the decision to purchase is best made by each person whether it would be useful to them or not. For me it is well worth the introductory price and I am very happy with my purchase.

kmonkey wrote:I am not in the flow with Waves atm but this seems very reasonably priced.

Waves Central is as it's always been, super bloated. It installs TONS of .dll files all over the place.. so yeah, nothing has changed there, unfortunately.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I like the 'slot' idea - adds a touch of user customisation.

I don't need this right away though so I'll just wait for a $29 deal eventually :D

Me too.

:D

After watching the video.It seems that this maybe new technology.

I`ve tried to install the demo. But then i remember why i run no waves plugin on my pc. The installprocedure, especcially those "Wave-Central-" software, always crashed on my system. There is no such overbloated installroutine like the waves one. I will never buy plugins from waves, not for $1. Its really crap. Above all their glorious "waves-update-plan"...crap.
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

sugo wrote:There is no such overbloated installroutine like the waves one. I will never buy plugins from waves, not for $1. Its really crap. Above all their glorious "waves-update-plan"...crap.
In your opinion. I've never had an issue installing their software (although yeah it's a bit fiddly in Reaper) and I've never paid for their update plan. But, each to his own.

Still, I'd love to buy some Waves plugins for $1, that would be pretty cool :D
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:
sugo wrote:There is no such overbloated installroutine like the waves one. I will never buy plugins from waves, not for $1. Its really crap. Above all their glorious "waves-update-plan"...crap.
In your opinion. I've never had an issue installing their software (although yeah it's a bit fiddly in Reaper) and I've never paid for their update plan. But, each to his own.

Ok ok, yes, my opinion :hihi:
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

sugo wrote:
cprompt wrote:

Ok ok, yes, my opinion :hihi:
I also don't have these problems with Waves that others do. There are much worse companies out there in terms of install and update processes. And there are better ones. I don't mind Waves Central which is similar in a lot of ways to other companies that have these kinds of install apps. In fact, they are helpful because they help keep things organized better by keeping all their piugin installs and updates within an app rather than having me to have to run installers etc. Yes WUP is a money grab but oh well. as is their new transfer policy. but again there are worse examples out there too.

But that's just me. YMMV of course but I question the value of posting rants about it in that there is little to no value in posting opinions like that especially in product specific threads.

Return to “Effects”