RapidComposer v5 beta feedback and discussion

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

After I close the normal RC window and then the blank RC window, it crashes GP which just disappears and neither program is left orphaned in task manager, they just go away.

Yes, I have reported this. And while it is.

This is fixed in the next beta version which is being built now.
The plug-in UI display and event handling were re-implemented from scratch so I expect there won't be issues with the plug-ins anymore.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
Summer Sale - 40% off RapidComposer - June 3 to 18

RapidComposer v5.0b5 is available!

Improvements:
  • [Plug-ins] plug-in window renderding and event handling fully reworked
  • Rhythm timing editing implemented in Rhythm Lab
  • "1/8 accented in 3/8" and "1/8 accented in 4/8" preset added to Rhythm Lab
  • Metronome fixed
  • [Plug-ins] the plug-in unique ID changed to avoid collision with RC v4 plug-ins

I regret to report that I did not experience any improvements with plugins in 5.05. Also two windows are also not working.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If you use the menu for the manual rhythm to clear all the notes, it doesn't clear the velocities, you have to open the menu a second time..

If you double click in a note area and it is towards the right of the note area, it places the note in the next note position, not the intended place.

And if the clicked area is the last note, it doesn't place a note at all, just the velocity.

BluGenes, Do you have any plans to make any tutorial videos on rhythm lab I've played around with it but I can't seem to find any new benefits compared to the old rhythm generators, especially when it comes to syncopation or the ability to add rests after each note?

lovemusic15 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:51 pm BluGenes, Do you have any plans to make any tutorial videos on rhythm lab I've played around with it but I can't seem to find any new benefits compared to the old rhythm generators, especially when it comes to syncopation or the ability to add rests after each note?
I want to wait on that till all bugs are worked out..

lulukom wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:29 pm I regret to report that I did not experience any improvements with plugins in 5.05. Also two windows are also not working.
No, this is a screenshot of an old version. Beta5 does not open a separate window, and the save error was fixed already.
Please delete all instances of RapidComposerV5.vst3 and RapidComposerV5.component from your Plug-ins folders and reinstall the latest beta version.

BluGenes wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:56 pm If you use the menu for the manual rhythm to clear all the notes, it doesn't clear the velocities, you have to open the menu a second time..
Thank you, BluGenes, I have fixed all these issues. :tu:
BluGenes wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:56 pmIf you double click in a note area and it is towards the right of the note area, it places the note in the next note position, not the intended place.
Well, it has always worked like that. The nearest 'snap' position is used. E.g. when the snap is 1/4, any clicks on X-1/8 and X+1/8 will place a note to X.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:54 pm
Well, it has always worked like that. The nearest 'snap' position is used. E.g. when the snap is 1/4, any clicks on X-1/8 and X+1/8 will place a note to X.

Thanks,
Attila
Yea, I know, it has, but, look at the pic with the red box. That box is over the right edge of the note area. I would expect that double clicking in that area, would put the note in that spot, not the next note over. That is why the last note behaves that way too.. no visible note, just the velocity.

Maybe ignore snapping just for that editor?

Hello Attila. Of course, I removed applications, plugins and even preferences. Then I cleaned the Mac. Then I installed 5.0.0b5. Results in pictures. Although, of course, I read on the DP forum that there are problems with scanning VST 3, but the AU should work without problems. Thank you. And yes, every time it requires you to enter the serial number.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mac OS Ventura on Apple Silicon here. Also seems no matter what I do I can't get the AU component to update from b1 to b5. I can see in the components directory that the component has been freshly written. When I go to scan the plugin (Logic Pro) it reports its scanning b1. Even if I do a full reset and scan all from scratch again it still only loads b1 version. Very strange!

Also checked to midi file batch import with the standalone b5. It still creates a top level directory for each sub folder in the phrase library and also in the custom phrases. At first import the phrase library looks correctly formed but on starting RC b5 again it just lists every directory. Any ideas?

BluGenes wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:46 pm Yea, I know, it has, but, look at the pic with the red box. That box is over the right edge of the note area. I would expect that double clicking in that area, would put the note in that spot, not the next note over. That is why the last note behaves that way too.. no visible note, just the velocity.
Yes, of course, I fixed this one. It should not place a note at the rightmost position!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”