Electronic Music That Inspired You

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

clock dva...portion control...new musik...cabaret voltaire...bel canto...benjamin lew

Hot Butter - Popcorn 🍿
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

the shamen - move any mountain.

not eben f**king eezer good.

lot of dubby stuff too, on u sound, gary clail, african head charge. laswell/material.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:13 pm Underworld - Dubnobasswithmyheadman
Just checked this one out earlier today and it's something I could listen to again. Great 90s sound/feel.
Ask not what your DAW can do for you, but what you can do with your DAW

https://youtu.be/Hphwfq1wLJs?si=ZE_sC2QJG9vexr02

err, no :D
more like kraftwerk's trans europe express
and new order's blue monday
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Hard to pinpoint but if i had to say it'd prolly be artists like prodigy, 666, and U96

First recording of the Theremin, was too young to be influenced but its never too late...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... e_bach.ogg

Electronic music influences is about half my musical influence since I'm also heavily inspired by post punk, noise rock and metal.

Early influences:
Devo - Duty Now For the Future, Freedom of Choice
Kraftwerk up until Computer World.
The Residents until Mark of the Mole.
Gary Numan until I Assassin.
Music For the Masses was the first Depeche Mode record I liked.
Throbbing Gristle
Cabaret Voltaire
SPK-Auto Da Fe
[Industrial led me backwards to Musique Concrete, Raidiophonic Workshop, Stockhausen, John Cage etc.]
Yellow- You Gotta Say Yes to Another Excess
David Byrne and Brian Eno- My Life in the Bush of Ghosts
Sugar Hill Gang / Tackhead - What's My Mission Now, Now What? < So dammed good and ahead of it's time. A ton of early Hip Hop Producers were really great and later I loved the early sound of Dr Dre's output.

Theremin. You'd have to put the score to The Day the Earth Stood Still in there. It's in my top 10.
I also forgot to list Orchestral Maneuvers In The Dark and the Psychedelic Furs.

If we're now going to punk, new-wave, post-punk, metal and the like etc, I'll be here a while...

In the meantime, I'll just say Wire, and very specifically the 'guitar crash' from Feed Me on The Ideal Copy. Most perfect sound ever recorded. Ever.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

cuppa wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:39 pm clock dva...portion control...new musik...cabaret voltaire...bel canto...benjamin lew
I love these bands and some of them are pretty obscure: "clock dva...portion control...cabaret voltaire...bel canto." It was no easy trick tracking down every Portion Control record while living in the U.S.

So I figured I better check out benjamin lew who I never heard of before and .... I didn't like it. Oh well. :shrug:

Tangerine Dream with the classic Froese Franke Baumann line up. Beautiful organic sounds and wonderfully evocative titles.
https://youtu.be/PVxxz8J3L4E

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:31 am If we're now going to punk, new-wave, post-punk, metal and the like etc, I'll be here a while...

In the meantime, I'll just say Wire, and very specifically the 'guitar crash' from Feed Me on The Ideal Copy. Most perfect sound ever recorded. Ever.
I go back and forth with wire, but when they're on they're amazing. The drone 'solo' in A Touching Display is one of my favorite things in any song ever.

Rather later in life (ca. 1990s) I would listen fairly often to the radio program Hearts of Space (the app today is a paid subscription). The two names I remember are Steve Roach and Patrick O'Hearn. O'Hearn easy to recall as he was Zappa's bass player '76-78 (one of two in later '78). I watched some crime flick this last summer he'd scored, synths blending with regular orch.

I should mention Pauline Oliveros as one very major influence here.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”