Socalabs Wavetable (Free synth)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Wavetable

Played a little with it Yesterday. There's a lot of possibilities here. Looking forward playing it more
I wonder if the matrix's mod amount could be modulated too?
Could not find how, would it be difficult to add ?

ElVincente wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:19 pm I wonder if the matrix's mod amount could be modulated too?
Could not find how, would it be difficult to add ?
I don't support that currently. Maybe in the future.

Ok. As mpe user I love to try to control a lot of parameter with pressure etc, and your synth would be great for that I think. Anyway thanks for sharing your synth !

FigBug wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:48 pm I need a good demo song / patch demo. Does anybody know where I can find somebody who specializes in that?
I have done demos/OSC tracks many times, here are a couple examples:

https://soundcloud.com/examigan/examiga ... e-hive-osc

https://soundcloud.com/examigan/dark-matter

Wavetable is the official October OSC synthesizer! Let there be fun!)

As a newbie figuring out a new synth without a manual for the first time, I'm still figuring out how to assign the modulations. What is the difference between the single partial circle and the double partial circle? I'm noticing that everything I turn on after I assign one parameter is then assigned to the same controlled (LFO, envelope). I know I'm doing something obvious, but I'd appreciate some insights.

Overall I'm certainly enjoying learning this synth.

Negoba wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:57 am As a newbie figuring out a new synth without a manual for the first time, I'm still figuring out how to assign the modulations. What is the difference between the single partial circle and the double partial circle? I'm noticing that everything I turn on after I assign one parameter is then assigned to the same controlled (LFO, envelope). I know I'm doing something obvious, but I'd appreciate some insights.

Overall I'm certainly enjoying learning this synth.
* Double circles are per voice modulation sources.
* Single circles are global modulation sources.
* If you assign a per voice mod source to a global parameter, it will use the oldest voice.
* You can assign by dragging a mod source to a knob, modulation will be applied at full strength.
* You can click a mod source, and while it's active, any knob you touch will have modulation applied. Hold shift to adjust knob value. Click mod source again to disable assign mode.
* When modulation is assigned, a dot appears next to knob. Click and drag to adjust mod depth.
* Right click to un-assign.
* You can also adjust depth and un-assign from mod matrix.

Thank you, that's helpful.

RunBeerRun wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:46 pm Sounds pretty good, I love how it has a real preset system instead of one of those that you have to click on the gui to get to the presets.
What does that mean exactly?

Can you give an example of synths with a good and a bad preset system?

Hi FigBug,
could you tell me, where Wavetable stores its user-patches? Or any of its data? On Windows, there is one folder under {User\AppData\Roaming\Socalabs which only contain a file plugin_settings.xml (which I guess could be used to store the scaling factor).
Once you entered patch info, there seems to be no way to edit it.
The location of the user-patches could be helpful for sharing patches with others (or backing them up)
Also, when I switch to another plugin in the Reaper plugin chain, and then back to Wavetable, the scaling factor is reset to default (which is pretty annoying on a 3k screen).

SeBaer wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:49 pm Hi FigBug,
could you tell me, where Wavetable stores its user-patches? Or any of its data? On Windows, there is one folder under {User\AppData\Roaming\Socalabs which only contain a file plugin_settings.xml (which I guess could be used to store the scaling factor).
The location of the user-patches could be helpful for sharing patches with others (or backing them up)
Also, when I switch to another plugin in the Reaper plugin chain, and then back to Wavetable, the scaling factor is reset to default (which is pretty annoying on a 3k screen).
* Click the folder to the left of the preset name to access the patch browser.
* Right click on a preset name and "reveal in finder"/"show in explorer" to access the file
* Right click on preset name to edit Name, Author, Tags, etc

I'll look into the scaling issue, not sure why that's happening

SeBaer wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:49 pm Also, when I switch to another plugin in the Reaper plugin chain, and then back to Wavetable, the scaling factor is reset to default.
Hmmm, that one does not seem to be reproducible... :-?

FigBug wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:53 pm
SeBaer wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:49 pm Hi FigBug,
* Click the folder to the left of the preset name to access the patch browser.
* Right click on a preset name and "reveal in finder"/"show in explorer" to access the file
* Right click on preset name to edit Name, Author, Tags, etc

I'll look into the scaling issue, not sure why that's happening
Thanks, that was quick :tu:

MrJubbly wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:36 pm
RunBeerRun wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:46 pm Sounds pretty good, I love how it has a real preset system instead of one of those that you have to click on the gui to get to the presets.

For me, it's the difference between a drop down menu and a browser.
The latter which stays open while previewing being the best. And with appropriate descriptive categories.
Also, with the ability to customize and remove presets deemed worthless by the user without having to remove the entire library. All or nothing application is a deal breaker.
There are a few plugins that I've either sold and/or not bought in the first place because of these aspects.

BBFG# wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:00 pm
MrJubbly wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:36 pm

For me, it's the difference between a drop down menu and a browser.
The latter which stays open while previewing being the best. And with appropriate descriptive categories.
Also, with the ability to customize and remove presets deemed worthless by the user without having to remove the entire library. All or nothing application is a deal breaker.
There are a few plugins that I've either sold and/or not bought in the first place because of these aspects.
Oh, okay. To each their own I guess.

Personally, I prefer when the plugin allows a (more or less) full-screen preset menu like all of u-he's plugins (and now also GForce's new preset menu system).

Although, it is also a nice bonus, when developers include a dropdown selection, ... which u-he also includes (best of both).

But yeah, the former is more important to me, if it was a choice between one or the other.

Return to “Instruments”