GForce Axxess

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ramseysounds wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:58 am and kvr in general
Thanks for being different, Mark 👍🏻
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Oh whatever. Will a mod please delete my account. Sick of having to read the shite on here
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Joking aside, log out and stop posting? I stayed away for a year. Nobody noticed and I came back when I fancied a chat about plugins.

On topic, I’ve bought no synths this year but don’t own any GF and am tempted, especially at JRR price…
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Uncle E wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:47 pm
Korg Supporter wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:17 pm So Axxess sounds exactly like the Oddity in terms of filter and oscillators? My Oddity demo expired a while ago.
While I don't doubt what other people are saying about this, I personally have not been able to duplicate the Axxess patches in Oddity. For example, Axxess's default patch Throatpunch City sounds completely different in Oddity.
Well it's simple , it's not possible
On axxe patch you'll notice that the pitch of both osc's are modulated by an adsr , not directly but the adsr slider responisble for pitch modulation is modulated by an xadsr so that the actual ADSR settings are not sacrificed)
Now , all of this is possible on the oddity BUT the axxes osc's are phase locked (like on an sh101), so to get the osc's phase locked in oddity you have to enable sync for osc2 but we still need to apply pitch shift and this is where it a goes wrong because applying pitch shift ot the synced oscillator is a totally different sound .
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

ramseysounds wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:58 am The self-entitlement of people in this thread and kvr in general, is truly staggering. It should have 8 voices, not 6 blah blah blah…
If you don’t like something, just don’t buy it and move on. f**king hell 🤦‍♂️
I don't think it's healthy to be this mad about random strangers preferring 8 voices to 6 on a synthesizer plugin.

ramseysounds wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:27 am Oh whatever. Will a mod please delete my account. Sick of having to read the shite on here
And yet you still read it regularly and actively choose to be offended by everything you read. In your own words...don't read stuff you know you will choose to be offended by and move on. Did you buy Axxess, do you like it...or did you just come here to whine?

As for Axxess - it might interest me. GForce haven't excited me with any of their recent releases, but this little synth seems useful for $66. I already have the Korg Odyssey, but don't use it much despite liking the sound, as it's quite crashy when changing presets, so this could be a cheaper but stable option. Not really interested in Oddity unless on big sale, but this price seems good.

Vortifex wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:13 am
ramseysounds wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:58 am The self-entitlement of people in this thread and kvr in general, is truly staggering. It should have 8 voices, not 6 blah blah blah…
If you don’t like something, just don’t buy it and move on. f**king hell 🤦‍♂️
I don't think it's healthy to be this mad about random strangers preferring 8 voices to 6 on a synthesizer plugin.
It was an example 🤦‍♂️
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Medenka wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:55 am Hide the f'n keyboard ffs! Why does it have to be so big and so white and so useless? And no hide option! Are you f'n BLIND?!
I assume it's that big because that's how big the sequencer page is. The alternative would be lots of empty space, which makes even less sense.
Who's playing an on-screen keyboard anyway?!
People with touchscreens, maybe? Sometimes I play them with my mouse, because I don't always bother to turn my controller on when I'm working.
Vortifex wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:13 amI don't think it's healthy to be this mad about random strangers preferring 8 voices to 6 on a synthesizer plugin.
If they had simply been expressing a preference, that would be one thing but it's the manner of some of the posts, the language used, that makes it something else. e.g. When you are offering customer feedback, you don't say things like "don't gimp the polyphony down from 16 voices to 6, what's the point of doing that?", you say something like "I don't think 6 voices is enough, I tend to need a few more now and then".
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I just wish they would stop releasing new plugins before they update the impOscar!

BONES wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:43 pm If they had simply been expressing a preference, that would be one thing but it's the manner of some of the posts, the language used, that makes it something else. e.g. When you are offering customer feedback, you don't say things like "don't gimp the polyphony down from 16 voices to 6, what's the point of doing that?", you say something like "I don't think 6 voices is enough, I tend to need a few more now and then".
Tone policing by Bones, we have reached the end times.

kritikon wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:35 am As for Axxess - it might interest me. GForce haven't excited me with any of their recent releases, but this little synth seems useful for $66.
Currently $33 at JRR Shop with code 'group' :tu:

I'm sure they're working on all kinds of stuff, and different things mature at different times, depending on what stage they're at, what needs to be done, and who's working on it etc...

Vortifex wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:47 pm
BONES wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:43 pm If they had simply been expressing a preference, that would be one thing but it's the manner of some of the posts, the language used, that makes it something else. e.g. When you are offering customer feedback, you don't say things like "don't gimp the polyphony down from 16 voices to 6, what's the point of doing that?", you say something like "I don't think 6 voices is enough, I tend to need a few more now and then".
Tone policing by Bones, we have reached the end times.
Pretty funny. Just be Fk*** polite people.
<list your stupid gear here>

Can anyone else confirm if the sequencer always starts from step 12 for them, too? I'm on a mac / ventura / ableton 11, thx!

mholloway wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:59 pm Can anyone else confirm if the sequencer always starts from step 12 for them, too? I'm on a mac / ventura / ableton 11, thx!
When I change State to "DAW" and then open sequencer patch "Drowning in Melancholy", it starts on step 1.

I should note that if I set the DAW to loop only 1 bar (the Drowning in Melancholy sequence is a 4 bar loop), it loops steps 2-5 instead of the expected 1-4. It loops fine if I set it to be a 4 bar loop or turn looping off.

Return to “Instruments”