Arturia Minimoog V VS. GForce Minimonsta (Final Showdown?!?)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This Thread again : While we're at it, we should try :

What's Best :
Mac or PC ?
Logic or Cubase ?
Windows or Linux ?
Is Piracy illegal ?

:D
"It is not a man's conscience that determines his existence. It is his existence that determines his conscience."

LBN wrote:If you play your keyboard with your feet it sounds much more authentic.
How would you play your keyboard with anything but your feet?

(on second thought, I really shouldn't ask :hihi: )

RNJ wrote:This Thread again : While we're at it, we should try :

What's Best :
Mac or PC ?
Logic or Cubase ?
Windows or Linux ?
Is Piracy illegal ?

Less filling!!!

Do I hear a...
Here is my small version:

PLEASE VISIT www.thehungersite.com DAILY AND CLICK THE LINKS. THEY DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY BASED ON AD INCOME. IT'S FREE!

RNJ wrote:While we're at it, we should try:
Easy:

What's Best: Me
Mac or PC? PC
Logic or Cubase? Sonar
Windows or Linux? OSX
Is Piracy illegal? No, but can crime be copyrighted?

Solved.

What's Best :
Mac or PC ?
Logic or Cubase ?
Windows or Linux ?
Is Piracy illegal ?

Yes to all of the above.
Here is my small version:

PLEASE VISIT www.thehungersite.com DAILY AND CLICK THE LINKS. THEY DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY BASED ON AD INCOME. IT'S FREE!

I have to say that the real analog oscilators off the real minimoog are what give it the power. The filters on the soft synths are very very close, but it's the digitalness of the oscilators that seem to lose something.

Especially in the lower keys. If you hit a real mini moog waveform, here is an example from my sample cd in progress... a raw waveform from the 70 note multisampled preset of one of my presets taken from a real Mini Moog.

http://www.atkr83.dsl.pipex.com/1OscSquare09.mp3

shamann wrote:What's Best: Me
Mac or PC? PC
(...)
Windows Me the best? :shock:
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Frippertronix wrote:Would anyone here say that much or most of what is developed for Creamware isn't siginifcantly better than some of the best native developers' synths?
No.

The Pro 1 synth rocks of theirs... I bought a load of Creamware synths, but they really messed me around when I tried to use them on my new card. Can't be arsed with it anymore so getting another sound card.

What's Best :
Mac or PC ?
Logic or Cubase ?
Windows or Linux ?
Is Piracy illegal ?

Hang on while I start another "What's the best reverb?" thread -- there hasn't been one since tuesday...
pethu.se/music-releases
Not a part of the loudness war!

on the original question, if i had the cash id choose minimonsta, mainly de to its morphing abilities.
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

I have noticed one thing-the initial patch in both Minimoog v and Minimonsta is the same(and it sounds very similar to each other) but the more you change the parameters on both of them in the same way,the sounds on these two synths gone different,mainly due the envelopes.
I think that the Minimonsta will be the winner in future updated versions.

Spaceman Sounds wrote:I have to say that the real analog oscilators off the real minimoog are what give it the power. The filters on the soft synths are very very close, but it's the digitalness of the oscilators that seem to lose something.

Especially in the lower keys. If you hit a real mini moog waveform, here is an example from my sample cd in progress... a raw waveform from the 70 note multisampled preset of one of my presets taken from a real Mini Moog.

http://www.atkr83.dsl.pipex.com/1OscSquare09.mp3
Can't get this to play once downloaded. Codec?

will upload again 2 .....

Ok try this, previouse file was 24bit...have changed this to 16bit 44khz. This is with no eq or comp, straight from the Mini Moog.

http://www.atkr83.dsl.pipex.com/1OscRaw.wav

Hmm noticed I put .mp3 instead of .wav on the first file I uploaded doh... force of habit. The http://www.atkr83.dsl.pipex.com/1OscRaw.wav file will playback fine

Return to “Instruments”