Eventide UltraChannel Native plug-in for Free

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
UltraChannel

I'm surprised that the overall feedback is devastating:

"For free it's fine, but I wouldn't pay 250USD"

Considering what you get in the channel strip (slightly limited however, antithesist summed it up perfectly), and considering how much people would spend on other tools that only cover one area... that is surprising. Then again, I don't have that much money to burn, so that freebie was more than welcome.

The "Pace/iLok" hate is also to absolutely no surprise. Granted, I never ran into the issues some of the people in here reported. And I'm heavily beta testing iLok bound software. But still, it was a free gift, an entry drug to so speak. Maybe it's working after getting a Manager Update (there were several recently yet again) and rebooting your system. Or... get an USB key after all (I don't know what's wrong with the usual "haters", but I have had several iLoks by now - and absolutely no problem!).

Is it worth it to me?
Yes and no.

Yes because it's a versatile channel strip than can create outstanding sounds if you overdrive certain modules on purpose.
Yes because I can easily setup the routing without crazy button pressing or being limited to what the routing is
Yes because I can still use the Omni Pressor or the H3000 Pitch Shifter without touching the rest of the module (yes, I know/have alternatives to the pitch shifter).

No because it's a bit of a CPU hog - therefore I probably won't use it on a whole project, but rather selected channels
No because I don't like the delay, and the EQ is not that special either (but it gets the job done)

Overall - great gift (thanks Eventide), moderate high pricing considering what you get bundled. Can't really tell if it's fair or not. If I had the money to burn, I'd maybe pick it up. But since I don't, I would put other tools at a higher priority. But it's definitely not a "bad" or useless tool.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:But it's definitely not a "bad" or useless tool.
Agreed, I like it and find it useful, in particular as a Traction user it makes an alternative to the FinalMix plugin that used to come with T5 and I also like the fact that it ships with some cool presets from people like Chris Carter. In fact I think it is better than FinalMix although it does use more cpu, my preferred channelstrip is still Mixcontrol though, which I think has a better sound but unfortunately is abandonware so has no future (although am I right in thinking it's based on WaveArts Trackplug?)

Compyfox wrote:I don't know what's wrong with the usual "haters", but I have had several iLoks by now - and absolutely no problem!
There's nothing wrong, with the haters !
:tu:
Guess You mean: You don't know why they have problems ...
What about
- buying a new plugin
- trying to authorize it
- loosing all your iLocked plugins for 2 weeks or more
- being forced to close your studio for 2 weeks or even longer

This has just happened to hundreds, if not thousands.
( OK, not all had to close their studios ... but those who had, count tenfold )
Worse of all, during the first week of this fiasco, Pace didn't see the need to do anything about it !
Then a small warning appeared, in the fine print.
So even after weeks, more users lost their plugins ...
Unbelievable ?
Yes.
Sadly that's the usual way of Pace doing business ( speaking of 20 years first hand experience )

The problem is not with the 'haters', it's with an incompetent company,
holding millions of licenses.
An incompetent company, that easily can take away all your iLocked plugins, just as they like.
They just did exactly this, in the most recent debacle, a few month ago.
An incompetent company coding software, that's above rocket science,
not able to manage a server change without disabling thousands of plugins,
even after one year of testing !
I could go on ...

This company will crap up, again.
Nobody knows how many will be affected, next time ...
Keep making system backups !

Jan

It was a nice free gift, but I ended up uninstalling it since I have my own custom chain which I prefer much more. I might be a nice person one day and donate it to some poor soul who is in need of a good channel strip though as long as they were willing to cover the transfer fees.
:borg:

just received an email from Eventide:

"Release Notes for UltraChannel
Version 2.0.15
1. Fixed several bugs related to session tempo and session restore when tempo sync is on.
2. Fixed default install location for 32 bit Windows VST.
Version 2.0.9
1. Fixed various issues related to Delay loading, tempo sync, and control.
2. Fixed an issue where EQ wouldn't pass audio, or would oscillate on plug-in load in some very rare cases.
3. Fixed pop on plug-in instantiation or session load if XFormer was engaged.
4. Improved session tempo compatibility with Logic
5. Fixed an issue which was causing extreme CPU loading on some processors in some DAWs
6. Corrected typos and improved User Guide"

Put the legs back on several bugs.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

_dada_ wrote:...

Not THIS argument again.

Actually, I updated during the "iLokalypse" and I did NOT run into issues. Then again, the main mistake was for the ProTools users (that had the issues) to upgrade on day one, during the server switch. And the "other" thing with the iLok (removing second hand bought licenses) is a totally different thing as well.

Why the F is that topic being brought up over any over and over again?!
You don't like iLok - don't use it, but don't complain that you can't access this plugin.

You have an iLok account but don't like their nose - stop complaining and move on.

You have an iLok and else no problem, but you don't like this plugin? Fine... all the power to you. But don't act like it's the most blown up crap you're seen in recent years. And iLok sucks on top of it.

There is a fine line between "real problems", and making yourself some.
Having no access to your licenses - that is a real problem no doubt. But the problem got fixed in a short but unfortunately not elegant manner. Boom - said it.

Not liking a plugin, or refusing to update the drivers if there are some issues (hello! There are clone tools on the market for a reason - free ones even! So you can always roll back!)... that is a self-made problem.

And that is enough iLok OT.
Don't like the plugin, don't use it - that simple. I like it, I use it - also that simple. That it was free is another bonus.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote: ... There is a fine line between "real problems", and making yourself some. ...
too many well fed and bored people ... having cats at home helps ... you see them kitties making themselves problems, when they don't sleep and yes, it's funny and stupid and ayyy :party: :borg:
"It dreamed itself along"

New UltraChannel Update Released - Available Now
Free Trial Offer from Groove3: UltraChannel In-depth Instructional Video
View this email in your browser
Dear UltraChannel User,

The response to our month-long freebie of UltraChannel was gratifying. We hope you’re finding it useful.

A small number of bugs and issues were reported and today a new release has been posted that addresses these issues.

While rare, two nasty bugs turned up. One caused excessive CPU loading and the other caused the EQ to oscillate. These bugs, and others listed below, have been addressed in the current release.

Registered users can download the latest version for free at:

UltraChannel OSX Installer
UltraChannel Windows Installer

Release Notes for UltraChannel
Version 2.0.15
1. Fixed several bugs related to session tempo and session restore when tempo sync is on.
2. Fixed default install location for 32 bit Windows VST.
Version 2.0.9
1. Fixed various issues related to Delay loading, tempo sync, and control.
2. Fixed an issue where EQ wouldn't pass audio, or would oscillate on plug-in load in some very rare cases.
3. Fixed pop on plug-in instantiation or session load if XFormer was engaged.
4. Improved session tempo compatibility with Logic
5. Fixed an issue which was causing extreme CPU loading on some processors in some DAWs
6. Corrected typos and improved User Guide

Also, our good friends at Groove3.com have made a new instructional video series entitled "Eventide UltraChannel Explained" covering all the features and functions of UltraChannel in great detail, as well as showing you what the plug-in can do on different instruments, including vocals.

We have arranged a free 30-day demo of the UltraChannel videos as well as any other content on their site. This offer is redeemable only through August 31st, so don't delay.

Just go to https://www.groove3.com/str/redeem_code.php and enter in the promo code: eventide30day

Complete the sign-up process and you're all set.

Thanks for tuning in.

Enjoy!!

Your friends at Eventide

Eventide is a registered trademark and UltraChannel is a trademark of Eventide Inc.
Copyright © 2014 Eventide Inc, All rights reserved.

Aloysius wrote:New UltraChannel Update Released - Available Now

Hi,

"UltraChannel OSX Installer" above is not a link.

And since the free version didn't have a serial, I can't register it at Eventide.

So, where is the 2.15 update link for Mac, please?

Kind regards,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Compyfox wrote:
_dada_ wrote:...
... the main mistake was for the ProTools users (that had the issues) to upgrade on day one, during the server switch.
Not correct.
The PT11 users got help pretty fast. Not from Pace, though.
Avid gave away trial licenses galore, to get people up and running.

Otoh, nearly everyone buying a new plugin, or trying to sell a plugin during those two+ weeks,
lost their iLocked plugins.
Most of them had to wait many days, even up to three weeks to get their plugins back !
Compyfox wrote:And the "other" thing with the iLok (removing second hand bought licenses) is a totally different thing as well.
Correct.
A lot of different mistakes where made by Pace in this fiasco.
- Making money from yet another of their mistakes and not giving it back !
- Taking away plugins from honest people instead of taking it from the 'bad guys'.
- etc.
Compyfox wrote:Why the F is that topic being brought up over and over and over again?!
Well ... You asked ...
8)
Compyfox wrote:stop complaining and move on.
Why ? Things obviously need to improve.
Moving on / closing our eyes / run with the lemmings never improved anything !
Compyfox wrote:Having no access to your licenses - that is a real problem no doubt. But the problem got fixed in a short but unfortunately not elegant manner. Boom - said it.
You can say it all day long, that will not make it real ...
It took looong ... way too long !
First, the 24 hour server switch took them 3 days! Completely suspending any iLok activities.
Then their server and ILM went bonkers and they had no backup plan !
Couldn't even switch back to the old system.
Let the new, broken system run, as it worked for some users (like You and me) !
Finally, they had to fix all errors by hand !
All the while, their 'support' treated frustrated customers like crap !
:clap:

Things need to improve !

Jan

Do we still have that iLok hate thread in Everything Else (Music)?
Cause this definitely belongs in there now.

Spitfire31 wrote:

Hi,

And since the free version didn't have a serial, I can't register it at Eventide.

Kind regards,

Joachim
Aloysius wrote:UltraChannel OSX Installer

http://eventide.us8.list-manage1.com/tr ... a10cca0dc2

http://eventide.us8.list-manage.com/tra ... a10cca0dc2

Aloysius wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:

Hi,

Kind regards,

Joachim
Aloysius wrote:UltraChannel OSX Installer

http://eventide.us8.list-manage1.com/tr ... a10cca0dc2

http://eventide.us8.list-manage.com/tra ... a10cca0dc2
Thank you!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Effects”