RapidComposer v5 beta feedback and discussion

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

I'll add also that there is lots of music that doesn't fit neatly into "major" or "minor", esp. where scales (and the chords built on them) are other than 7 notes. In these cases though there are still 12 tones (in common practice "Western" music anyway). RN needs to "work" for all these cases also, and again, the guiding principle here is Stability of Reference (as I've described above).

It's a matter of history, and perhaps lamentable, that the 12 tones don't each have their own symbol (e.g. A - L, or I - XII). But they don't! Instead we have this system whereby we use 7 symbols along with modifiers to do the job. Weird, but that's what we've got.

So, in order to unambiguously symbolize all 12 tones as "numbers", we lock down 7 as references (i.e. the major scale tones) and use flats to cover the other 5.

BTW, no conceptual difference here between RN and Nashville! They are really just typographically different ways of doing the same thing.
Last edited by sj1 on Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:34 am, edited 4 times in total.

As another reference, Widipedia shows this:

RC - RN alternate 01.jpg

If RC wants to accommodate the RN "Alternative notation" as an option, that's fine by me (even desirable) - but not instead of RN "Conventional notatation" (as more commonly used, and also as implemented ubiquitously elsewhere - as I've shown).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi,

After a MIDI file import, when we select the set of phrases on a track and choose to save them to the Phrase Library, if there are more than a few of them they do not wind up in sorted order because the numerical portion of the name is not a fixed number of digits.

RC - Phrase Import Digits.jpg

It would be helpful if at least 3 digits were used in each generated name in all cases (e.g. 001, 002 ... 099, 101, ... 999).

If someone wants to suggest 4 digits rather than 3, that would be OK too AFAIAC.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi,

After a MIDI file import, if there is alot of CC data we wind up with a very large number of tracks/lanes in the RC composition pane.

Is there a way to collapse all the controller panes in a single operation?

If not, that would be a very helpful addition.

Thanks.

P.S. Expand all would be useful too. Shift-click on any CC icon to do "all of them" in either direction would probably work well. A keyboard shortcut in addition would also be nice.

P.P.S The same Shift-click on the arrowheads in the Keyboard Shortcut display to accomplish the same bulk collapse or expansion would be lovely as well.
Last edited by sj1 on Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If we are working with an external synth or sound module (e.g. my Motif XF) it would be quite convenient if a MIDI file import could be done so as to assign the track routing out to that external synth or sound module immediately upon doing the import.

IOW, when I import a type 0 MIDI file (single track, multiple channels) my goal is to route all the newly imported RC tracks (1 per channel) directly to the Motif XF, using the same channels they came in on.

Having to manually visit and route each track after such an import, while bearable for a one-off, becomes onerous when one starts to work with a large collection of imported MIDI data that one is attempting to import for ultimate life in the RC phrase library.

Hi,

I am am experiencing a repeated problem with RC transport locking ON and RC becoming uncontrollable after I set several tracks to route out to an external hardware module.

Every time I have to kill the program and start over.

Is anyone else succeeding or failing at this currently?

Hey Atilla, I was going to just send an email, but, decided to show you this here..

I think it should be important for a user to be able save and load there own prompts, in addition to what ever you have set up. I am not talking about the seed prompt, but the stuff after that..

Also, noticed that when generating a melody, using the "scale" setting, the notes are almost always at the very bottom of the piano roll..

Not working :help:

In the latest beta version this isn't working in regards to custom order as you can see from this 4 bar pattern nothing has changed.

To me, I see you only using 1 phrase and 1 rhythm. I can't see the rest of the setup, though.

Also, the latest production version is newer than the last beta..

Hey Atilla, keep an eye out for deleted AI models.. 1106 is no longer used and should be removed from RC as a choice..

maybe consider a way to update a list via ftp or something??

Ok, so, I missed the list models in the API, so, maybe it would best to always have RC use whatever the latest is by default. Would eliminate user frustration if the desired results were not being generated as expected..

Can't generate progression on Mastertrack in Rapidcomposer 5.12

Hi all,

for composing I use two computers. My main DAW (PC) upstairs and my "in between" DAW (Office PC) downstairs. Both run Win 10 Pro 22H2, Reaper 7.11 and Rapicdomposer 5.12. While everyting is fine on my Office PC for in between composing, I have a problem on my main DAW, and I think that it exists some months longer, because I mainly compose downstairs in my Office PC.
Longstory short: On my main DAW I cannot generate a chord progression on the Mastertrack in Rapidcomposer. To be more precise: Normally when you right click on the Mastertrack you can add the number of chords to be added (typing the number or dragging in the field). On my main DAW this field is greyed out. I cannot type in the chords or drag inside the field.

I have this problem in the standalone version of RC and in the plugin version.
I tried to run the standalone as in administrator mode, but the problem still exists. Anyone here got any ideas for me ?

Uncheck "keep harmonic rhythm"

Yay, that was it. Thank you, BluGenes.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”