[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
THE INTRANCER wrote:Nothing added in terms of video control, video clip viewing - syncing, nothing improved in terms of Step Time Recording (can't set predefined rest periods for example), nothing improved in terms of Scratch Pad..(management, how it's displayed). Nothing improved in regard to midi Input devices... not even any basic notation..basically nothing has been improved for Pro users.
I didn't upgrade. You don't have to either.

Maybe in a few more releases I'll get something that will make the upgrade price worthwhile, but it's not there yet.
It's virtually unusable in it's current stuck Hi-DPI State on Windows 7 atm... gonna have to wait another year till 4.5 before considering an upgrade because what's offered in 4.0 just isn't good enough...and that's not just my opinion but from the general consensus from what I've read on various forums, presonus's own forum, as well as the studio one gearslutz one.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote:
THE INTRANCER wrote:Nothing added in terms of video control, video clip viewing - syncing, nothing improved in terms of Step Time Recording (can't set predefined rest periods for example), nothing improved in terms of Scratch Pad..(management, how it's displayed). Nothing improved in regard to midi Input devices... not even any basic notation..basically nothing has been improved for Pro users.

Maybe in a few more releases I'll get something that will make the upgrade price worthwhile, but it's not there yet.
It's virtually unusable in it's current stuck Hi-DPI State on Windows 7 atm... gonna have to wait another year till 4.5 before considering an upgrade because what's offered in 4.0 just isn't good enough...and that's not just my opinion but from the general consensus from what I've read on various forums, presonus's own forum, as well as the studio one gearslutz one.
Your on windows 7?

THE INTRANCER wrote:

You've mentioned your Hi-DPI on Windows 7 issue many times here, and I'm sure you're frustrated. I'm not sure it helps to keep mentioning it over and over again, but maybe I'm wrong. You're just kinda dominating the thread.

I get people are still using Windows 7, and it is still end of life. All support from Microsoft ends in 2 years, and the operating system is over 8 years old. Time to upgrade.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote: I get people are still using Windows 7, and it is still end of life. All support from Microsoft ends in 2 years, and the operating system is over 8 years old. Time to upgrade.
If you don't like what I have to say in this thread... stop reading it. As for Windows 10, I have very strong opinions about it, which you probably wouldn't want to read, Windows itself is 35 years old btw. But Presonus have made it an issue and I''ll restate something should I wish to, so others who had not looked back to previous posts are aware of it.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Wed May 30, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote:
billcarroll wrote: I get people are still using Windows 7, and it is still end of life. All support from Microsoft ends in 2 years, and the operating system is over 8 years old. Time to upgrade.
If you don't like what I have to say in this thread... stop reading it. As for Windows 10, I have very strong opinions about it, which you probably wouldn't want to read, Windows itself is 35 years old btw. But Presonus have made it an issue and I''ll restate something should wish to, so others who had not looked back to previous posts are aware of it.
I care about what you have to say, I just don't think we all need to read what you have to say over and over and over again. :tu:
Bitwig Certified Trainer

THE INTRANCER wrote:Windows itself is 35 years old btw.
So?

billcarroll wrote:You've mentioned your Hi-DPI on Windows 7 issue many times here, and I'm sure you're frustrated. I'm not sure it helps to keep mentioning it over and over again, but maybe I'm wrong.
You're not wrong. :hihi: You can see what's happening, it's a regular pattern. He'll keep saying the same things over and over, keep the thread going if it slows down, eventually start posting those same image mockups again, and then at some point later he'll innocently point out that a thread "he" started has ... "more views than anywhere on the net!!!" … and then put a little smiley next to it like this... :wink: … and be proud of that.

He appears to equate that with personal popularity or intelligence or something, not sure.

He is THE INTRANCER!!! :)

Hey, at least there's no Computer Music logo in Studio One's GUI. Now THAT would be a no-go. :P

I know a lot of folks think it's not worth their money but a lot of the stuff in Sample One XT, Impact XT, and the Chord Track is really well done and is already saving me time in my work.

On a side note, one thing I was disappointed they didn't address was Audio Bend quantizing earlier than programmed drums, Melodyne, and other DAWs. There's been a lot of chatter about it again on their Facebook group and forum so if anyone wants to read about it and vote on it there's a feature request here. The FR itself isn't super detailed but there's more to read below it in the comments.

http://answers.presonus.com/9651/option ... r-than-end

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Costs $127 at JRRShop, when you apply the "Group" discount coupon…
I looked at the JRR shop, the group discount option requires a code, do you only see that if you have a registered account, because I can't see the discount being applied (the 15% off) if added to the basket)

Type

Group

in the 'Discount Codes' box and hit Apply
Say NO to CLAP!

chk071 wrote:Hey, at least there's no Computer Music logo in Studio One's GUI. Now THAT would be a no-go. :P
That does raise another point though... why does Sample One XT even have the name tag for it at all even printed on it. Wouldn't it be better to use that space for additional functionality instead ? You can see what it is from the tab name and from the browser...
oneway wrote:I know a lot of folks think it's not worth their money but a lot of the stuff in Sample One XT, Impact XT, and the Chord Track is really well done and is already saving me time in my work.

On a side note, one thing I was disappointed they didn't address was Audio Bend quantizing earlier than programmed drums, Melodyne, and other DAWs. There's been a lot of chatter about it again on their Facebook group and forum so if anyone wants to read about it and vote on it there's a feature request here. The FR itself isn't super detailed but there's more to read below it in the comments.

http://answers.presonus.com/9651/option ... r-than-end
Taking your last side note first... I do remember Presonus saying, it was essentially a relegated feature of Studio One... and I believe that to have something to the improved elastique implementation they implemented. I'm not sure when Audio Band was implemented, but it was there in 2.6, the Studio one version I started on. Personally I've rarely ever found myself using it. I avoid sketchy tools like this, and prefer the brute force approach in quantising.

I don't doubt the capabilities of the Sample XT & Impact XT, they will enhance the way in which you create music for the better. With being a Reason user previously...pushing Presonus last year to update these instruments, even if requests for improvements were 5 pages down of the hot list was important I think...otherwise we would be stuck with even more EQ's and compressors lol... Impact XT is interesting though, they added the Bank aspect which I included on the Sample One XT design, and my initials of my real name is on every pad... S M is no different from how it was in earlier versions, it's a funny co-incidence though. :D
jinotsuh wrote:
Type

Group

in the 'Discount Codes' box and hit Apply
Thanks, that does the trick, in getting the lower price... I'll hold out for the update..whatever one that is. Twice the price is better than almost three times the price.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Thu May 31, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

people i know ( and this goes for myself also) still use windows 7, not out of 'loyalty' , but for the simple reason it is solid and reliable and so it's seems reasonable to me to keep my setup as is. there seems to be a certain amount of snobbery on this issue. I'm not sure why..
i am sure i will get to drop 7 at some stage. i'm gradually porting stuff onto win10 64bit system on a laptop.
i even have a friend who still uses XP :)

Great update but still no LFOs for plugins parameters modulation. Bad for EDM.

it seems to me they are trying to strike a balance. as a maker of almost exclusively electronic sounds i could also opine the lack of these things. but the truth is i have plugins that can do these tasks easily. i appreciate that there are people who want to do 'proper' music - it seems to be the balance that a lot of daws strive for but getting the mix right is elusive. reaper, fantastic for audio, fl great for electronic. samplitude awseome for audio, ableton, tops for electronic music. the list goes on.
i would like to see more development in this regard from studio one... maybe with 4.5..

dupont wrote:Great update but still no LFOs for plugins parameters modulation. Bad for EDM.
Mind to elaborate on that? Why is it bad for EDM?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”