[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

dupont wrote:Great update but still no LFOs for plugins parameters modulation. Bad for EDM.
Yup... that's a bit of a head scratch-er right there with Sample One XT in particular... but there's other things which I think are missed opportunities, such as lack of muting / even soloing samples instead of them playing all at the same time, lack of intermixing of samples within one waveform, and other things I mentioned a few posts ago. Why the huge FX buttons, they could have just copied the way Presence XT presents it, or even take a new approach to be able to use the draw tools and map the controls in a vector way.. similarly to what you can do with track automation. As for electronic dance music, I've never equated something which is excluded from an instrument to be bad for any genre of music, that's a weird way to look at it I think.

Talking about automation, I updated the post on page 3 of this thread here with a detailed explanation of the Nodal Modulation System screenshot. (The thread I linked to was moved to non public accessible location on the Presonus forums, Off Topic forum lol... guess they didn't like me coming top in google search terms for Studio One 4...ha ha, for reference it was over 46K a few weeks back).

Anyway for reference here's Presence XT's modulation controls, some of which would apply to Sample One XT, and even that of Impact XT I think....but didn't make it as one might have expected.

KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Studio one for me is pretty much perfect for mainly recording live audio with a little bit of VST/midi work and mixing Bitwig Studio is perfect for me for EDM etc with mainly midi/cv and loops (and the best modulation system in any DAW) and maybe a live vocal track. Personally I can’t ever see 1 DAW that excels at both, although both could be a little better at the other!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

inkwarp wrote:the simple reason it is solid and reliable
Yes. Win10 surpassed Win7 not untill this year in global desktop market share and Win7 still has 40% share so it´s almost as popular as Win10 (47%).
THE INTRANCER wrote:AAF...is pretty much redundant if you're just using Studio One..
I think it can be good for archiving and it is future proof for other (AAF) DAWs and apps also.

Looks like AAF is for PT, Nuendo, FCP, Logic. It's mostly used by post applications. Sonar, Tracktion, Bitwig, Live and many of the others maybe don't handle that format. Not sure about Samp. Studio One was always compatible with Cubase using steingberg.xml

If you want load a song from another DAW and keep edits and some other things intact like fades, trims, that's really the only way other than buying AATranslator. The other format it already had, OpenTL, is not is use by many others either.

LawrenceF wrote:Studio One was always compatible with Cubase using steingberg.xml.
Hi Lawrence, how does this work? Is there documentation on this feature or quick instructions somewhere? It'd be great if there was a way to open Cubase projects in Studio One. I just selected all tracks in a Cubase project and hit Export Selected Tracks, but that only managed to capture the MIDI of one track when imported into S1 (no audio was found or prompt to point to missing audio files or anything).

Are you sure you selected all tracks ?
Assuming you did, you then export a 'track Archive' which is XML

Unless things have changed in the latest release there are enough things in the import of that Track Archive which are not supported - same as OpenTL. I'm not going to say anything about AAF (and OMF) other than if you knew anything at all about the formats you would know that you would be better off just exporting/importing stems.
The next release of AATranslator (thank you LawrenceF for the mention) is due very, very soon and has support for converting to/from an S1 .song format.

Looks like this thread was merged with another one... thought my mind was playing tricks on me with the loss of 7000 views :D
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Does Studio One 4 have MPE support now?

simmo75 wrote:Does Studio One 4 have MPE support now?
Didn't you mention it didn't around two weeks ago? No new version has been released since then, so I would say no.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote:
simmo75 wrote:Does Studio One 4 have MPE support now?
Didn't you mention it didn't around two weeks ago? No new version has been released since then, so I would say no.
Thanks for clarification! You know my schedule better than me :wink:

inkwarp wrote:people i know ( and this goes for myself also) still use windows 7, not out of 'loyalty' , but for the simple reason it is solid and reliable...
I totally get why some users want to avoid Win 10... What I don't get is why they stick to Win 7 when they can just jump to Win 8.1, which is still supported - and is better than Win7 in every way. Looks-wise, you can turn off Metro (or use Classic shell), and you basically have Win 7 -- only supported, and way more optimized under the hood!

You can pick up a legit OEM license for Win 8.1 for around $15 on Ebay, no discs needed. (All of the O.S. installer downloads are freely avaliable from MS).
Last edited by flugel45 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flugel45 wrote:
inkwarp wrote:people i know ( and this goes for myself also) still use windows 7, not out of 'loyalty' , but for the simple reason it is solid and reliable...
I totally get why some users want to avoid Win 10...
I don't. It's as solid as Windows 7, while performing much better.

chk071 wrote:
flugel45 wrote:
Indeed, I would never go back to Windows 7 myself, and the Windows 10 update thing that bothers a lot of people can be tamed and brought under control.
Say NO to CLAP!

chk071 wrote:
flugel45 wrote:
Tell that to the long list of people reporting problems on the forums every time Win 10 forces out an update.

Even putting those aside, some of us have hardware with native Win 7/8 drivers, but none for Win 10. For some Win 10 users, they have managed to get things working (Until the next Win 10 update - fingers crossed!). For others, it's a matter of forcing legacy drivers and/or registry hacking -- or no luck at all.

Bottom line, some of us have zero incentive to jump to Win 10. Obviously your situation is different. That wasn't my point anyway... I was saying if you're on Win7, then you can get Win 8.1 and not hurt anything. That's not necessarily true with Win 10.

flugel45 wrote:
chk071 wrote:
flugel45 wrote:
Tell that to the long list of people reporting problems on the forums every time Win 10 forces out an update.
I'm actually frequenting a Windows 10 support forum, and, the "long list of people reporting problems on every Windows 10 update" (well, the people posting in internet forums, the few out of 100's of millions of users world wide) mostly can blame themselves, because they use antivirus suites, which collide with the Windows 10 updates, because there's so much system intrusive bullshit features in those suites that it is no wonder that they prevent Windows from updating itself.

I didn't have an issue on 3 computers here, with the Windows 10 updates which have happened so far, sicne the very beginning. And, the peeps frequenting that forum obviously don't have many issues themselves, because they know how to avoid them. CU in 2 years BTW, when Windows 7 doesn't receive any updates anymore. Well, actually, it's 1 1/2 years.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”